Arguments

Unfair Popularity

"So… Are you willing to tell us what happened to G.NA and Brian?" the school's gossipers and reporters, Im Yoona and Kwon Yuri, asked. (Review: Go to Chapter 2!) Eunhyuk slammed his fist on the table and pulled IU closer to him.

"Nothing! Stop nagging us already! We made it clear that nothing is happening!" Eunhyuk barked.

"Then why are they ignoring each other?" Yoona asked.

"Why are they shooting glares at each other? Especially Brian, who was always known for smiling?" Yuri questioned. IU buried her head in Eunhyuk's chest, keeping shut.

"We'll make a new deal. Tell us, and then we'll have you twice the offer we made!" Yoona said, holding up two fingers.

"You can't pay us $2,000!" Eunhyuk retorted. IU poked her head upwards and pulled lightly on his sleeves. Eunhyuk looked down and blushed, but continued to stare at IU.

"Actually, they can. Ask anyone. They are the Queen Gossipers and all," IU pointed out.

"Then tell us what this is," Jessica, the sneakiest gossiper and reporter said, sliding a photo towards IU. IU scrunched her eyebrows and stared a the photo. She gasped, and so did Eunhyuk. H-How…? IU wondered, staring back at Jessica. 

"Where… When… How…?" IU stammered, unsure where to begin. It was a photo of G.NA putting her chin on Eunhyuk's shoulder, as Eunhyuk held a phone next to his ear. The part that shocked IU was that Eunhyuk was smiling and seemed to enjoy G.NA's company. Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow.

"I never even smi–"

"The photo says it all, IU," Jessica said coldly with an evil smirk. She bend down forwards for IU to take a better look of her cold smirk. Suddenly, Jessica glared at IU saying, "Tell us what happened. Don't trust Eunhyuk there. He's cheating on both of you."

Quickly, IU froze. She bit her lips, unsure of what to do. Darn it… why am I in this position? How about that photo was photoshopped? Or how about if it's real? IU wondered, glancing at Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk stared at IU with those trusted, stern eyes that read, You can't possibly believe in that photo, can you? IU sighed and took a deep breath. She opened to say the answer…


"Jerk."

"Eavesdropper."

"Cheater."

"Snob."

"No-Life."

"No-Heart."

"Meanie."

"Ugly."

"Player."

"Player? How am I a player?" Brian asked with a scoff. G.NA waved her hand.

"You heard me!" she said in english, "You're a player."

"Excuse me? I think you're the player here," Brian said as he looked away. G.NA laughed and glared cold-heartedly at Brian.

"Me? A player? What makes you say such a thing? Everyone knows that I'm pure and–"

"Cold hearted," Brian finished, even though G.NA was going to say something else. G.NA turned red in anger.

"Jerk!" she snapped.

"Eavesdropper!" Brian argued. The two argued the whole day. When they met eye-to-eye, they always said rude and hurtful comments to each other. More students began to crowd the already-crowded circle. Fire flared in G.NA's and Brian's eyes, as they gritted their teeth hatefully. Just give up! G.NA thought annoyingly, Let me win for once, cheater!

How am I a jerk? Brian wondered with negative emotions, She's the jerk here! She has no rights to say that I'm a jerk! She's the one who was eavesdropping in my private conversation with Eunhyuk! Aish… SNOB!

"Cheater!" G.NA shot back.

"SNOB!" Brian shouted.

"Hey, aren't the kingkas and queenkas supposed to get along with each other?" a student whispered.

"I heard that this is an act," another student muttered.

"I heard that IU and Eunhyuk caused all of this," two students gossiped. G.NA and Brian froze. IU and Eunhyuk? How were they involved in their own problems? The two growled and grumbled, as they stopped thinking about bad comments to say and carefully listened to the crowd, making sure to hear their assistant's name.

"Yeah! I found out that Eunhyuk was cheating on IU with G.NA. IU was so mad, she went up to Brian and asked him to tell Eunhyuk to stop cheating on her. Brian got mad that Eunhyuk was being a player, but G.NA refused to let Eunhyuk go, so that's why they're fighting," another student said.

"Nope! I heard that Eunhyuk hated G.NA to death and wanted IU sooo badly. I heard that Eunhyuk slept with IU last night, too!" another whispered. G.NA shivered. That is so not true! G.NA thought. The student continued with his story.

"Anyways, G.NA found out that Eunhyuk slept with IU and broke up with him. Eunhyuk cried to Brian and Brian was so angry, so he fought with G.NA."

"No! I heard that Brian was dating IU, while G.NA loved Brian. IU already knew that G.NA loved Brian, but she backstabbed the queenka! G.NA confessed to Brian, but Brian said that he was dating IU. G.NA was angry and started cussing at Brian, so that's why they are like this!"

"Nuh-uh, dears! This is the real story, told by IU and Eunhyuk." Jessica said, stepping up to the crowd. G.NA and Brian glared at Jessica, but Jessica glared back even colder. Jessica held up a notepad and opened it to a certain page, keeping a wide smirk on her face. She cleared , and read what she wrote on the piece of paper:

"Everyone knows that these couples aren't the loveliest couples ever found, but they know that they love each other. Because of jealousy, they argue with each other so that they won't fall in love with each other. It's as simple as that. However, is it possible for these couples to conclude their hatred for one another?"

"We are not in love!" G.NA protested, as Brian agreed. Jessica glared at the couple.

"Be quiet! Let me finish," Jessica said, continuing on with her story, "It all started off with popularity." G.NA froze and bit her lips. So are they saying that I caused all of this? G.NA thought, irritated.

"If G.NA wasn't popular, or wanted to be popular, nothing like this would've happened. She wanted a kingka, yes, but she simply was not ready to request one. When Brian came, however, G.NA fell in love. That's what made her bitter-sweet personality more bitter. She simply wasn't ready to love, but Brian was. Their timing was different, which caused confusion among the couple," Jessica finished, closing her notepad. The crowd stood quiet, as G.NA and Brian turned deep red. Were they really in love with each other? Or was that just a mistake?

"I–" G.NA stopped.

"That's what IU and Eunhyuk told me, of course. So go ask them. Oh wait, never mind. Of course, with you two bickering at each other, your assistants are getting the blame for your arguments! Liven up, open your eyes, and just stop this nonsense! You aren't children anymore! Stop acting immature! Especially you, G.NA! You were always the one everyone looked up to. Even IU looked up to you, yet you can't even treat her as a friend but as an assistant. That's harsh," Jessica stated coldly, as G.NA was about to burst into tears. IU… I never meant to be this cold-hearted. All I wanted was to be noticed…

To be noticed. All I wanted was to be noticed. But then I wanted more. I started controlling this school. People idolized me. I guess I asked for too much, and the reason why I'm up here is because of my hard work and you, IU. I'm so sorry, I'll do better, I promise, G.NA thought, as a tear trickled down her cheek. The crowd gasped and whispered about G.NA crying. Brian stiffened, as something caught in his throat.

"And you, Brian," Jessica said, pointing a pencil at Brian, "You act too loose. Think about why G.NA hates you and be more mature like a man. If you love G.NA, tell her that already! You're the kingka, and she's the queenka, so no one is going to do anything to stop you two." Brian turned deep red, feeling very hot all of the sudden. The crowd giggled as Jessica spun around to the crowd.

"And all of you! Scram before I find out your biggest secrets," Jessica ordered. Yoona and Yuri stepped up behind Jessica with cameras hanging around their neck and pencils with notebooks. The crowd began to shrink quickly, since nobody wanted to mess up their lives with the gossipers. The three gossipers walked away, as Brian and G.NA stood alone and silent in the room. They glanced at each other awkwardly and back at the ground. Suddenly, G.NA dashed off to the other direction. Brian widened his eyes, wanting to talk to G.NA and try to confess to her.

"Y-Y-Ya, G.NA!" Brian stuttered, running after her. When the two ran away, IU and Eunhyuk sighed and came out from their hiding spot. IU smiled brightly at Jessica and handed her $50 dollars. Eunhyuk handed Yuri and Yoona $25 dollars, too.

"You did wonderful, you three," Eunhyuk praised, as Jessica smirked proudly.

"Of course. I don't get why IU wouldn't fall for the photoshopped photo, though. How did you know that the photo wasn't real?" Jessica asked, turning to IU. IU giggled and explained that she was spying on Eunhyuk secretly and already saw that scene. Though, Eunhyuk wasn't really smiling. Jessica sighed and hesitated as she walked off with the two. She stopped as Yoona's and Yuri's sneaker squeaked.

"You two, come to the dance party tomorrow, will you? It'll be fun if more people went," Jessica said, her back still facing Eunhyuk and IU. IU and Eunhyuk giggled.

"Sure thing, Jessica!" IU agreed, as the three gossipers disappeared to their next class. Eunhyuk turned to IU and winked at her.

"Wanna ditch school for today to get your dress?" Eunhyuk asked. IU giggled as she pulled Eunhyuk to the exit.

"Sure!" IU agreed.