Notice

Unfair Popularity

Brian held his breath. He was going to see G.NA right now. Well, he was heading towards the same class as G.NA, actually. It was already time for Instrument Class, where he had to learn an instrument. He knew how to play nothing. He was terribly afraid of his results if he played the piano. He knew nothing about the chords, melody, notes, etc. 

Keep calm, Brian, Brian thought to himself, finding Eunhyuk, Just ask Eunhyuk for some advice! However, Brian didn't bother to ask that questions. Eunhyuk seemed to have red, droopy eyes with dark eye bags. He literally dragged all his belonging, including Brian's lunch, who didn't care about his lunch at that moment. He was too sick to feel hungry, anyways. Brian raised an eyebrow, noticing that something was going wrong.

 Why is Eunhyuk so tired? Shouldn't he be excited and happy? I mean, she is with the goddess, Brian wondered in his thoughts, walking up to Eunhyuk.

"Yeah, Eunhyuk," Brian called, putting his hand on Eunhyuk's shoulder. Eunhyuk's skin almost jumped off.

"S-Sir! Reporting today's lunch: pizza with two cans of Coke! I have a girlfriend, too! Yay, so happy, happy, happy," Eunhyuk said, dozing off his speech when he spotted IU. IU's face was bright and happy; so happy that her cheeks turned a bit pink, just like a pink rose. Eunhyuk had to blush at this sight. Brian raised an eyebrow.

"Pizza and coke? Sounds great!" Brian exclaimed, changing the subject, "I wonder what G.NA got for her lunch…"

"G.NA's great! She's my best girlfriend!" Eunhyuk sparked up. To Brian, it was obvious that Eunhyuk was dreaded being with G.NA. Though, Brian pretended that he didn't notice.

"Isn't she your only girlfriend?" Brian noted. Eunhyuk turned red in shame.

"Y-Yes, b-but… uh… Look! It's IU! I should, uh, talk to her!" Eunhyuk said, pointing at IU.

"Shouldn't you be with G.NA?" Brian asked.

"That's a great idea!" Eunhyuk clasped his hands, nodded. He ran towards G.NA, looking as dreadful as ever. G.NA seemed annoyed with Eunhyuk's company, but once she caught sight of Brian, she pretended to be so happy being with her 'boyfriend.' Brian sighed, and gripped tighter to the strap of his backpack. I'm going to ask G.NA. I'm going to ask her… I'm gonna–

"Annyeonghaseyo, Brian-ssi!" IU greeted cheerfully. Brian jumped and sighed in relief.

"A-Annyeong," Brian stuttered, trying his best to act normal. He was just shocked by the sudden greeting, especially from IU. To speak the truth, he didn't like IU's excited-ness.

"Okay, so you did read the paper, today, right?" IU asked, making sure everything was going according to plan. Brian nodded. IU smiled. "Great!"

"But why?" Brian whispered, "Why G.NA?"

"Excuse me?" IU asked, cupping her ears.

"Hey, there's Eunhyuk! Do me a favor– Talk to him. He seems to be tired. I want you to go to the movies with him," Brian said, handing IU $20.

"But–"

"Oh yeah, $20 isn't enough. Here, another extra $20 for snacks," Brian said, slapping another fresh, crispy dollar bill. IU stared at Brian weirdly. "Alright! I want you to go right now, if you don't mind. Just tell Eunhyuk to leave my stuff and lunch at my locker. Thanks, IU! And this is from a kingka's order." IU just nodded as she quickly ran to find her best friend. Brian watched from the corner of his eyes, seeing IU snatching Eunhyuk away to the movies. He smirked. Perfect, Brian thought, scooting closer to G.NA. G.NA was already seated at her desk, staring at her nails.

"Hey," Brian greeted. G.NA looked up, slowly rubbing her hand. 

"Oh, it's you," G.NA said innocently. Brian cleared his throat, struggling to get his questions out.

"Are… Are you… Are you happy?" Brian squeaked. G.NA stared at Brian strangely.

"Huh?" G.NA questioned.

"A-Are you happy with Eunhyuk, is what I mean," Brian explained. G.NA slowly thought about that questions for a moment. Then, she nodded. 

"Yup, I'm happy," G.NA said with a bright smile. Brian just nodded awkwardly.

"Ah… I-I'm glad," Brian mumbled. G.NA frowned. He's glad? G.NA wondered, I wanted him to suffer! 

"And I'm disappointed," G.NA grumbled quietly. Brian stared at the ceiling, rocking his body back and forth with his foot. Then, she looked down, his hair covering his eyes, which were started to tear up.

"W-Well…" Suddenly, sorrow clogged Brian's throat. He could not speak very clearly, or get the words out. He cleared his throat, trying to get rid of the sour feeling, "… Bye!" He quickly walked out of class, avoiding everyone's stares. G.NA watched Brian leaving and widened her eyes. Before Brian disappeared, she was able to see a crystal tear drop from his eyes. G.NA's eyes and heart softened, feeling sorry for Brian at that moment. She looked around, noticing that nobody had noticed Brian's disappearance or his tears. She tried to focus during class, but struggled to do so, as the image of Brian crying appeared in her thoughts once again.

 

A/N: It's been a while since I've updated! :O Here's an update! ^^