Our First Date Turned to Be A Break Up

Unfair Popularity

"This isn't working. Something wrong," G.NA said with a frown. Eunhyuk groaned.

"So we ditched class for no reason?" Eunhyuk asked, scoffing. G.NA took a deep breath.

"No! Well, yes, but no at the same time. Something feels wrong," G.NA mumbled. Eunhyuk rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Look, I have class soon, and it'll be Nutrition, too. I packed Brian's snack–"

"Don't say that name!" G.NA snapped, shutting her ears with her hands. Eunhyuk sighed and took a seat on a bench. He spotted an ice cream truck nearby, but he was too lazy to get any. G.NA took a seat next to him, slowly uncovering her ears. It was silent between the two. They didn't dare to take a glance or turn to each other. 

"Help me," G.NA said. Eunhyuk turned to face G.NA and raised an eyebrow.

"Huh?" 

"Help me. I have a problem, and IU's plan isn't working."

"Which plan?" Eunhyuk asked.

"The plan of dating you so that Brian can stop bothering me! He's driving me crazy! I can feel him!" G.NA exclaimed, shuddering at the thought of Brian. Eunhyuk stared at G.NA as if she was nuts.

"Feel him?" Eunhyuk repeated. G.NA nodded.

"Yes! It's like I can feel him being right next to me right now!" G.NA said, turning around as if Brian was behind her. Eunhyuk sighed deeply, knowing what was going on with G.NA.

"G.NA, you don't feel him. You miss him," Eunhyuk explained. G.NA laughed.

"Miss my enemy? In your dreams, Eunhyuk oppa," G.NA snorted. 

"No, I'm serious. It's like me and IU," Eunhyuk pointed out, smiling lightly, "I only agreed to become your boyfriend because of IU. I know I can confess to her and all, but I'd rather make her happy. Because if I become her boyfriend... I might to something wrong.". G.NA sighed.

"Don't bring you two up, either. We're talking about my problem," G.NA said. Eunhyuk groaned and ran his fingers through his hair. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes shut. 

"What's on your mind?" Eunhyuk asked.

"Um…" G.NA scrunched her eyebrows, thinking hard about what was one her mind right now. Just then, an image of Brian's face appeared in her head. She shut her eyes tightly and shook her head. No, you can't think about him! G.NA thought.

"G.NA? G.NA, are you okay?" Eunhyuk mumbled, waving his hand in front of G.NA.

"I got it! Brian is haunting me!" G.NA said, slamming her fist against the palm of her other hand. Eunhyuk slapped his forehead, groaning deeply.

"He's not haunting you! G.NA, just accept the fact that you love him!" Eunhyuk shouted. G.NA whimpered and bit her lower lips shamefully.

"I… I can't." 

"Why? Why can't you accept that you fell in love with Brian? The more you deny it, the more you're just falling in love with him! You're going to fall so hard, you'll lose your chance to accept his love!" Eunhyuk lectured angrily. What is going in her mind? Eunhyuk wondered, It's too obvious! She loves him! What part of it was so hard to accept such a thought?!

"I…… I just can't accept it!" G.NA stammered, "He's my enemy! He's a thief! He stole everything! He's an unfair man!" 

"He's not unfair! You just denied your feelings and how you really think of Brian! Look at me when I'm talking to you!" Eunhyuk scolded.

"Fine! Fine, I love Brian oppa! But even though I say it and accept that feeling, what's the difference? I'm known for hating him," G.NA grumbled. Eunhyuk smirked.

"This is where my magic comes from," Eunhyuk winked. Then, he sighed and puffed his cheeks annoyingly, saying, "You know… I love IU. A lot."

"I know. The whole school knows," G.NA pointed out. Eunhyuk chuckled.

"I accepted that fact, but it's too hard to confess to IU, especially with that promise she did with you," Eunhyuk confessed, "The Winter Dance is coming up, too. Are you going?"

"Course! I just finished the play, got almost all my fans back, and it's like, my last year! I'm giving my popularity to IU when I leave this school," G.NA said with a deep sigh. Eunhyuk nodded.

"Brian hyung told me that he's doing the same thing for me, too. I guess you two are a lot alike," Eunhyuk laughed. G.NA turned deep red.

"W-What's that supposed to me?" G.NA stuttered.

"Hm? Oh, you'll see soon. I guess you can just say that it's destined for you two to be together," Eunhyuk chuckled. He turned to G.NA and stared deeply into her eyes, "G.NA, can we 'break up?' I mean, I want to be with IU really badly, and you're in love with Brian hyung, so what's the point of being together now?" G.NA thought about that question for a moment. Then, she smiled as she extended her hand out. Eunhyuk stared at the hand weirdly.

"Sure. I'll allow you to be with IU, while I'll work to be closer with Brian oppa, alright?" G.NA said with a bright smile. Eunhyuk grinned and shook her hand.

"Deal," Eunhyuk agreed. Suddenly, G.NA started giggling. Then, that cute giggle turned to a burst of laughter. Eunhyuk blinked.

"Um… what's so funny?" Eunhyuk asked.

"You know what I realized?" G.NA asked, "Our first date turned to be a break up!" Eunhyuk grinned awkwardly.

"Eh, he, he… yeah," Eunhyuk muttered, fake-laughing. He pointed to the ice cream truck, and grinned at G.NA, "You want ice cream to celebrate this day?"