Yuri

I am Kim Taeyeon

CHAPTER 4

 

The girls bought pizza for me! And it’s my favourite Hawaiian pizza! Sunny prepared cocktails for all of us. I gobbled down the food.

“Yah Kim Taeyeon! Are you the new shikshin?!” Sooyoung frowned.

“It’s good that she has such a good appetite. It means she is feeling good!” Sunny gave me a thumb up.

“Thanks Sunny you are my best friend!” I gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“Yah!! Your lips are oily!” Sunny pushed me away.

“Hahaha you’re so cute!" I caressed Sunny's cheeks.

 

The other members looked at me with their mouths open.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, feeling puzzled.

“When did you start to become so affectionate?” Yuri asked.

Eek! Taeyeon doesn't do this?

“Erm…” I try to think of excuses.

 

Suddenly Yoona spoke up.

“Hahaha! But isn’t it good to see? Unnie is more open after her accident! It’s good that she doesn’t keep her feelings to herself anymore!”

“Or maybe Taeyeon is into Sunny now! I guess the accident really left her some brain damage…” Sooyoung sighed.

“Oi what do you mean by that?! I’m not attractive enough?!” Sunny hit Sooyoung’s arm.

“Hahahaha!” The rest of them burst into laughter.

Sooyoung tried to avoid Sunny’s punches.

“Hey hey I didn’t mean that! But well compared to Tiffany..”

She stopped abruptly after realizing she said the wrong thing.

Suddenly everyone becomes quiet.

 

 “Well after the accident I realized something. All of you are my sisters! I don’t want anything to change between us, so let’s all be sisters forever!” I hold up my cocktail.

I guess back to being sisters is best for taeny, since she has Nickhun now.

All of them stood up with a smile. Well almost all of them.

I turned around, only to see Tiffany looking kind of.. sad? But when she saw me looking at her, she immediately gave me her eye smile.

Hmm hidden meaning?

Nevertheless, I smiled back.

 

“I’m glad everything is back to normal, unnie.” Seohyun smiled.

Sunny gave me a concerned look though. I mouthed “I’m okay.” to her.

Here’s my confession: I ship dandyu. But only as BFFs!

 

I suddenly thought of Sica. Why did she come back alone just now? And she’s not here.

“Hey girls, where’s Sica?”

“Sica unnie said she felt unwell just now, so the director allowed her to go home ealier and rest.” Yoona said.

“Oh I see.” I said.

She’s not feeling well, that’s why she shivered when I hug her?

And she actually came to visit Taeyeon despite feeling unwell.

I took a glance at Yuri.

She seems expressionless.

 

The rest of the dinner is full of jokes. Sooyoung and Yoona are really funny! Yuri and Tiffany remained silent throughout though. They look more like a real couple lol.

“Why not we sleep together in the dorm today? Then tomorrow we can all go Sica’s house to visit her? It’s our off day tomorrow anyway.” Hyoyeon suggested.

“I think I’m going home. I promised my mum to spend my off day with her. Goodnight everyone.” Yuri stood up and walked out.

The other members looked surprised at her sudden departure.

What’s with her? I stood up and ran after her.

“Girls remember to clear up the mess!” I told them.

 

I grabbed Yuri’s arm at the gate.

“What?”

“Why did you run off just like that? You don’t want to visit Jessica tomorrow?”

“Like I said, I need to spend the day with my mum.” She started walking again.

I grabbed her arm again.

“Yuri what’s wrong with you? Why are you always flirting when you have a girlfriend? Why are you always hurting Sica?”

She yanked my arm away.

“Who’s hurting who hur? Why do you guys always assume I’m the one that hurt her?”

I gulped.

“What do you mean?”

“We broke up already. She initiated it. She told me she loved somebody else. Guess what? I knew it all along.”

I don’t know how to respond.

“Why do you think I flirt around so much? I wanted to get her attention! I wanted to make her jealous! I thought she would be angry! But she doesn’t even care! She doesn’t love me at all! Then why choose to be with me in the first place?!”

A few tears slid down from Yuri’s cheek.

Gosh this is unexpected. I always thought Yuri was the player playing with Sica’s feelings. Well most fanfics I read said so.

 

“Come on Yuri it isn’t the end of the world right? Why hang on to this relationship when you know it’s not going to work out?”

I tried to console her.

Yuri gave me an awkward smile.

“I didn’t expect that kind of reply from you, you are always the stubborn one. You hung on to Tiffany despite me telling you to give up, yet now you are asking me to give up. I guess your car accident really works wonders. Maybe I should try to get into a car accident too?”

My eyes opened wide. What the hell is she saying?!

“Yuri!!”

“I’m just kidding. I will get past this. Don’t worry.”

Yuri gave an assured smile. I smiled back.

“What’s in your mind when that accident happened anyway?” Yuri asked.

Actually, I wondered about that too. What’s on Taeyeon’s mind when she rammed her car into that wall? Regret? Or a sense of relief?

“I don’t know. But I’m glad I didn’t die. Well I should have been more careful while driving.”

Yuri smiled and patted my head.

“So, are you going to visit Jessica tomorrow?”

Yuri hesitated.

“Well I’m not forcing you. I understand if you need time.” I try to sound as leader-like as possible.

“I’ll think about it. Thanks Taeyeon.”

“Thank me for?”

“Setting a bad example by ramming you car into the wall after being out of love. I will not follow your footsteps.” Yuri grinned.

What the hell, Yuri knew too?

“Come on, only Seohyun will believe it is purely an accident. Alright I’ll get going. Rest well Taeyeonnie.”

Yuri gave me a smile, turned around and walked off coolly.

I sighed. Yulsic are such a perfect match in my opinion.

Guess love just can’t be forced.

 

When I went back to the dorm, the girls have already cleared up the rubbish and gone to bed.

Well most.

I saw a figure on the sofa.

Tiffany.

She’s waiting for me?

“Fany?” I tried to sound like Taeyeon.

Tiffany gave me her eyesmile.

 

“You haven’t called me that for a long time, taetae.”

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HIHI readers! :D

How about some dandyu moments for a change? XD

An advanced happy CNY to everyone!