Confession

I am Kim Taeyeon

CHAPTER 18

 

“Taengoo ah why are you so clumsy!” Jessica reprimanded while cutting an apple for me.

“Sica, if you continue shaving the apple like that, there will be nothing left!” I chided.

“Yah! You should be thankful that I am cutting it for you! Ouch!” She shrieked.

“What happened?”

“I cut my finger…”

“Aish…”

I grabbed her finger and on it.

She blushed.

“What.. what are you doing?” She stammered.

“Helping you to stop the blood?”

“It’s.. it’s okay, it’s just a small cut..” She pulled her finger away, with her face all red.

I took the apple from her.

“Taengoo, there are still some skin on it..”

“It’s okay Sica, thanks for the effort.” I pat her shoulder.

She smiled.

So beautiful.

 

Flashback…

 

“How did this happen?” I asked.

“It has something to do with her brain waves. Last Monday suddenly there’s a very strong brain current that affected her, making her suffer strong headaches, and the next day when she woke up, she can’t remember a thing.”

Last Monday.. the day I went Lotte World?

“Yes. Actually, your brain waves are connected to hers. Which means, there is a chance that she can feel your emotions, your thoughts, your everything.” LT explained.

“Why didn’t you tell me that?”

“I’m not sure at first, but after your lotte world date, I can confirm it. However, how big is your influence to her, I can’t gauge.”

“That means.. wanting me to fall in love with Jessica, is part of your plan too? Because you are betting on the possibility that Taeyeon will feel what I feel and fall in love with Jessica too?” I asked.

“I admit I hope that your brain waves can affect Taeyeon and make her more positive, but making you fall for Jessica isn’t part of my plan. Remember what you wanted? Go with the flow. I respect your decision.”

I sighed.

“I know Sooyeon, I didn’t expect you to be feel something for Jessica, and I know this whole thing is freaking ridiculous, but..”

“Even if I do fall in love with Jessica, I know I can’t be together with her. She loves Taeyeon, not me. This is a fact. And since I agreed to exchange souls with her, I have to face the consequences.”

“Sooyeon ah..” LT bit his lips.

“Stop being mushy! So now what do we do with Taeyeon?” I asked.

He came over and whispered in my ears.

“WHAT?! NO! That’s too dangerous!” I yelled.

“The higher the risk, the greater the reward!”

“What if it failed?”

“Then I will look for other methods.”

“No.”

“Huh?” LT asked.

“WE will look for other methods.” I smiled.

LT smiled.

“Aish you this kid! Don’t scare me like that! My heart is very weak nowadays!” He whined.

“Yah ahjussi stop acting cute!”

“I’m not a ahjussi!!”

“Taengoo!!” Sica’s high-pitch voice brought me back to reality.

“Huh?”

“You’re spacing out!” Sica folded her arms.

“Sorry, guess I’m tired.”

Sica caressed my face.

“Okay, rest well. I’ll visit you again later.” She gave me a kiss on my cheek and went of the room.

She definitely deserves happiness.

 

Flashback…

 

“To be honest LT, are you still in control?” I asked.

“Well maybe 70%? The other 30% lies on Taeyeon. I have to say this is one of the hardest task I have ever faced.” LT sighed.

“No matter what, can you do your best to ensure that no one gets hurt?”

“Especially Jessica, right?” LT asked.

I nodded.

“I can’t be 100% sure, but remember what I said? Your brain waves are connected to hers. That’s means she can affect you too. Perhaps somewhere in deep in her heart, there is Jessica.”

The doctor said I need to rest for a month, which means the CF must be postponed.

I became the headline of allkpop again.

“Girls generation Taeyeon with a broken leg shortly after her broken head.”

Geez what the hell is that?!

All the girls came to see me, except Tiffany, and Jessica who visited me earlier.

“She must be out on a date with Nickhun!” Sooyoung said, while munching onto the fruits meant for me.

“Nah. They are not on good terms recently. She must be out shopping for pink stuff.” Hyoyeon said.

“No no no. Tiffany unnie won’t have the mood to shop, not after her taetae got injured.” Yoona said.

“Hmm maybe she and Jessica are having lunch together!” Sunny said, while giving me a mischievous wink.

“Jessica unnie and Tiffany unnie are meeting up without us?” Seohyun asked innocently.

“Gosh Seohyun you are so dense!” Yuri laughed.

“Yah! Are you all journalists?” I hissed.

All the girls chuckled.

“We are just kidding, Taeyeonnie.” Sunny grinned, “But maybe you can give us some insider news? We are besties after all.”

“Yah!!!” I growled.

“What are you all talking about? Why will there be insider news on Tiffany unnie and Jessica unnies’ lunch?” Seohyun asked again.

“Seohyun ah~~~” All the girls laughed at her.

I can’t help but to giggle a bit too.

Poor maknae pouted.

“Goodnight, Miss Kim.” The nurse greeted and off the lights of my ward.

I pulled up the blankets and closed my eyes.

A few moments later, the door opened again. Hmm the nurse forgot something?

The person who came in walked towards my bed and held my hand.

I open my eyes slightly to see who it is.

Tiffany.

“Tae?” She whispered and took a closer look on my face.

I immediately close my eyes and pretend to be asleep.

“You look so cute while sleeping.” She mumbled and gently brushed my hair with her hand.

I wonder why she visited me so late at night.

“You know I have lots of things that I want to tell you, but I just don’t have the courage to tell you face to face.”

She paused for a while.

“I thought I was just guilty for indirectly causing your accident, and jealous because you seem to replace me with Sunny as your best friend. But as time goes by, I realized there is more to it. When I see you with Jessica.. it’s not just jealousy, it’s heartache. I finally understand how you felt when you saw me with Nickhun.”

I gasped at her sudden confession, but tried my best to remain still.

“I guess people only learn to cherish something when it no longer belongs to them.. I regret rejecting you, I regret being such a coward. If only I am brave enough to face my own feelings..” She sighed. “And Nickhun, I owe him too much..”

She used her fingers to trace my jawline. I clenched my fists avoid shuddering from the sudden contact. Her fingers are cold.

“But I know you and Jessica are not official yet, so I still have a chance right? You are always the one chasing me, this time, let me be the one chasing you.”

 

Then she leaned in and kissed me on the lips.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

AYO readers!!

SNSD and TTS will both have a comeback! :D

Do comment and subscribe! XD