Taking the Risk

The Way She Shines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The next day, Ilhoon went to the empty classroom to find Hyunjoo but when he opened the classroom door, she wasn't there. "Where’d she go? She's usually early..." he mumbled to himself. Just then, the door opened. "Hyunjoo?" Ilhoon turned around and was greeted by disappointment. "What are you doing here?"

"What is it to you?" Doojoon snapped. He looked around the classroom and walked out. He stopped in his tracks when Ilhoon said, "I can't believe you would make her sit with you because you planned on hurting her."

He turned around and stared at him with narrowed eyes. "What?"

"She heard Junhyung talk to your friends about his plan to humiliate her. She knows you tried to convince her to sit at your table so your plan might work better."

"What? I didn’t do such thing!" He raised his voice at his accusation.

"It sounded pretty convincing to us." His eyebrows pinched together. "Us?"

"I heard about it too, so don't try to play with her anymore. I won't let that happen." He warned.

Doojoon ran his fingers through his hair and closed his eyes in frustration. "Crap. Where's Hyunjoo?" he asked.

Ilhoon shrugged and said, "She's not here." Without another word, Doojoon ran out the classroom to find her and clear up the misunderstanding. He wanted her to know it wasn’t his motive. He wanted her to know he was against the whole thing. For some reason, he didn’t want to be on her bad side.

---

Hyunjoo was on the rooftop, looking at the clouds with her earphones on. She thought Doojoon would try to look for her in the classroom so she didn't go back there.

The door to the roof opened. She didn't look up to see the uninvited person, since she had a clue of who it was. "There you are," Ilhoon said.

He sat down next to her. "Is this going to be your favorite place now?" he asked. She didn't reply. He sighed, and then yanked her earphones off. "Yah!" she was about to grab his arm but he suddenly zoomed up to her face. It was literally just centimeters away. Her heart skipped a beat.

"You said I could do whatever I want." His minty breath tickles her lips. "Taking away your music and talking to you will allow me to be your friend. So just cooperate, alright?"

He leaned back and returned the mp3 to her, positive she won't play it again. She actually put it away. He took out his bun and split it in half. He wasn't perfect so he split it unevenly. He gave the bigger half to Hyunjoo. "Here. I don't see you eat lunch so you can have half of this. You like this, right?"

It was a red bean bun. *No more free food from Doojoon* She grabbed the bun without saying anything. Staring at it a little longer, she bit it.

"Good, right?" he smiled.

"I'll only accept this since you made me drop mines that day," she said. "I won't accept anymore food from you. I don't need your pity."

"Does everything seem like pity to you?" he asked. She looked at him. "What if it's just being friendly? Is that pity?"

She shrugged, "I wouldn’t know." He realized had he made a mistake. "Sorry... I didn't-"

"I don't care," she said. “You’ll realize soon that you can never be my friend. You'll get fed up by my attitude and leave before you even get any information out of me."

He raised an eyebrow, “Why would I get any information out of you?”

“You know, that's what friends do right?” she asked. “They ask about each others life, and ask about their family and personal things.”

“That's not what friends do." She looked at him, confused. "I mean, yeah, they ask you those kinds of things so they can kno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter