She's a Magnet

The Way She Shines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first week of school had already passed. Everone was already familiar about the popularity fight against the two kingka groups, even though the two groups themselves had no idea where the stories were coming from.

They haven't even met each other, or knew each other's names. In fact, they had no greed for being the "popular" boys in school.

Hyunjoo on the other hand, had been sitting in the empty classroom everyday. She had heard of the "popularity fight" between the two groups. That’s how much the school was talking about it but she couldn’t care less.

One day at lunch, she was in her usual classroom, staring out the window until she felt a presence beside her. She looked to her shoulder. It was Junhyung. She didn't care so she looked back at the window.

"What song are you listening to?" he asked. She didn't reply so he tried to take off her earphones to listen. "Don't touch it." He froze, centimeters away from her ear. He smirked and placed his hand back on his knee. "What are you doing here?"

"What do you think? Escaping the noise. Until someone disrupted it..."

He chuckled. Without waiting for her to ask what he was doing there, he said, "Same. The cafeteria is too noisy, with the stories about the popularity fight and all." She didn't say anything so he continued to talk. "What do you think of the new group, compared to us?"

"I don't give a damn." She replied.

He raised an eyebrow. "You don't? Usually girls would be all over the hot topic. "

"I guess I'm not a girl or not like typical girls." She took off her earphones, wrapped it around her mp3 and stood up.

He looked up. "Hey, where are you going? I didn't mean it like that." "Whatever." She opened the door to leave. "Hey, wait up!" he stood up and followed her.

Meanwhile, Ilhoon just left his group of friends to go to the washroom when he saw Hyunjoo and Junhyung come out of the same room. Junhyung was walking right next to her, but she didn't do anything. She didn't scold him, or tell him to stay away just like she did to him a week ago. He thought they were going out and for some reason that angered him.

For the whole day, Ilhoon couldn't get Hyunjoo out of his head. Why was she with the kingka? Are they dating? Is that why she told him not to talk to her? He needed answers to those questions so he decided to confront her after school.

He was waiting on the same road of the bakery; the same place he gave her the fortune cookie. Then, he saw Hyunjoo walk up the path so he straightened up, ready to ask her. She looked at him for a second before continuing her journey home.

"Hey." Ilhoon called but she didn't answer her. "Hyunjoo!" he grabbed her arm but she suddenly twisted it.  "I told you not to talk to me!" she hissed.

"I have something to ask you!" he groaned.

"If you have something to say, tell me at school. Never outside, got it?" Without a response from him, she let go and quickly headed home. He stared at her disappearing figure while rotating his arm in circles. “Why not?”

It was lunch of the next day and Ilhoon was waiting for Hyunjoo to come out of class. He wasn’t going to give up easily. He wasn’t the type of person to let something go once he had an interest in it.

He was waiting outside the classroom when he finally saw her come out. He called out her name and waved to get her attention. It did get the other students’ attention, though. They looked at the person he was waving to. "Who is he waving to?" "Who's Hyunjoo?" "Isn't she the one who sat with B2ST one day?"

Hyunjoo ignored theirs comments and took a glance at who was calling her. She saw Ilhoon waving at her but she turned back around and continued to go wherever she was heading to. He dropped his hand to his side and ran up to her. "Did you hear me?"

"What do you want?" she scowled. "I want to talk to you," he said and she stopped to look at him. "What is it?" He looked around at the students crowding in the hallways. He didn’t want them to eavesdrop on their conversation. "Let's go somewhere quieter." He led her to an empty staircase and she followed quietly. "Who is that kingka to you?" He got straight to the point.

She gave him a look like he was crazy. "What?"

"Is he your boyfriend? I saw him come out of the same classroom as you during lunch and you didn't scare him away or anything, like you did to me."

She scoffed. "Is this what you wanted to talk about? You're so lame." She turned to leave but he grabbed her arm. Hyunjoo turned her head around. "What now?" She sounded irritated.

He gave her a hard look. "Answer me. Who is he to you?"

Hyunjoo sighed, "He's a stupid nobody. Just like you." She pulled her arm away and left. Ilhoon didn't expect that answer but he was glad that Junhyung wasn't her boyfriend. Without thin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter