Kicked Out and Outraged

The Way She Shines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Hyunjoo finished work, she headed back to Ilhoon's house. She knocked on the door but no one answered. She looked at the time, it was 15 to 4. She knocked once more. Again, there was no answer. She sighed and turned to leave. Since no one answered, it sent a clear message that his friends didn’t want her near him. She's back to that store and the sauna.

Hyunjoo walked to the city, which wasn't a far walk away. She saw a cafe on the top floor of a building so she headed up there.

She sat down near the window. The waitress approached her and asked, "May I take your order?" She sounded like she hated her job. Hyunjoo gave her the same attitude. "Iced tea." "Sure." The waitress popped her bubblegum and wrote it on the notepad. She walked back to the counter to get the order.

Hyunjoo looked outside the window. She envied the people who were freely walking in the streets. They weren't being chased, nor were they worrying about money to pay loan sharks. Chairs suddenly scraped on the floor, interrupting her thoughts. She looked away from the window to see the B2ST boys surround her.

"We finally found you," Doojoon smiled.

She raised an eyebrow. "What are you all doing here?"

They ignored her. "We practically searched all of Korea! South and North!" Yoseob exaggerated.

"Doojoon wouldn't let us rest until we found you," said Kikwang.

"Now that we found you, we can finally rest!" Doowoon added, taking a seat and placed his head on the cool table. Junhyung just leaned back on his chair while Hyunseung looked out the window.

"Here’s your drink - oh!" she noticed the hot boys sitting at her table. Her attitude changed 180 degrees. "What can I get you boys?" She fluttered her eyelashes.

"Can you get us six iced coffees?" Doojoon winked. "Put it in the same bill as her please." Hyunjoo scowled at him but he ignored it. "Okay," she giggled, walking away.

"Hey! My drink!" Hyunjoo yelled, but the girl didn't hear her.

"Excuse me!" Doojoon waved his hand up. The same girl perked up at his voice and came as quickly as she could. "Yes? Do you need anything else?" She smiled too widely.

"Yeah, you didn't give my friend here, her drink."

The waitress looked at the pissed Hyunjoo. She looked at her with bored eyes. "Oh right. I'll come back with all your drinks." She had already placed her drink on the counter.

The waitress walked away again. Hyunjoo scoffed and grumbled, "Pathetic."

"So where have you been?" Doojoon asked. She looked back to the window. "Around," she mumbled.

She then realized that she couldn’t be seen with people out in public. She turned to him. "I told you not to-" A hat was placed on her head and over-sized sunglasses were placed over her eyes.

"There, those men can't find you now." Doojoon said.

She tipped the cap away from her eyes. "What?"

"It was Junhyung's idea to buy you these."

She looked at Junhyung through her shades. Embarrassed, he rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm sorry for planning to humiliate you. I didn't know you did that to protect yourself."

"It wouldn't have worked anyways," she told him and looked back at the window. "I don't blame you, many people feel that way, too but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter