Different Worlds

The Way She Shines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"T-this..." Hyunjoo was at loss for words. Doojoon put her down gently. "Tsk, the house cleaners can't even clean anything. They should clean outdoors, too!" He frustratingly kicked the pile of leaves. "They can't even make the house presentable for guests," he mumbled. Doojoon led the way towards the front door but Hyunjoo didn't budge. Doojoon turned around, noticing no leaves crunching besides him.

"What are you doing? Let's go inside, it's cold."

"Is this your house?" She couldn't believe the guy who hangs out with weird hair colored people lives in this kind of house.

"Yeah, why?"

"Are you sure? Are you just living in another person's house and inviting me along? And why... How can a house like this exist in this country?"

Doojoon laughed, "Are you doubting me? I know I hang out with whack-jobs and go to that kind of school, but this is my life."

She followed him. "Your parents must be really rich."

"Parents?" he shook his head. "This house is bought with my money and under my name."

"This... You..." she was obviously mindblown. Doojoon grabbed her arm and pulled her towards the house. He unlocked the door. "I'm home!" he announced.

"What the..." was wide open.

A row of maids and butlers lined up. "Welcome back," they bowed.

"Where’s mom and dad?" Doojoon asked.

"They’re still at the office," a butler responded.

"Of course." he said under his breath.

"Dinner is almost ready, do you want me to make dinner for your guest, too?" a maid asked.

"Yeah," he replied.

They all turned to leave but Doojoon stopped them. "Wait," they all turned around simultaneously that it made Hyunjoo shiver. "I expect the house cleaner to clean inside AND out. Aren’t you guys embarrassed walking to a house with leaves all over the ground?"

"But we did clean the yard..." a woman said.

"It’s everywhere outside. Clean it again tomorrow. And one more thing, can you set up the guest room next to mines? She'll be staying here for a while." The maids and butlers looked at each other before nodding and running off. "Let’s go." Doojoon said to Hyunjoo. "We’ll go to my room while they set up." Doojoon walked up the stairs and Hyunjoo followed. He opened the door to the room down the hallway. "This is my room." Doojoon proudly announced. "How is it?"

Hyunjoo looked around. It was blue, and there were sport things everywhere. She laughed and Doojoon looked at her weirdly. "Are you a little kid? Why is everything blue?" She walked around observing everythings in his room and clicked her tongue. She picked up a soccer trophy. It read: "Yoon Doojoon MIP of Boys Soccer 2003"

She laughed, "You keep your trophy from 2003? Is that the only award you've won?" Doojoon ran over and grabbed it away from her.

"Don’t touch other people's stuff, it's rude." She scoffed. "What a kid."

"I'm not a kid," he objected.

"Sure you aren’t." She sat down on his bed. "You’re just like Ilhoon: both kids."

He looked at her. "Ilhoon?"

Hyunjoo nodded. "You both act childish. Ilhoon is really gullible while you... Just show it through your personal items."

"Really? He doesn't seem childish."

She shook her head. "He uses aegyo to make me do in his homework an hour before school, and he gives goodnight kisses. Who does that these days?"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait," he held his hands up to stop her from going any further. "An hour before school? Goodnight... Kiss?" She nodded. "So that means..." he got interrupted when a knock was on his door.

"Dinner is ready." The maid left as soon as she entered. Hyunjoo stood up. "Sir Doojoon," she mocked, "shall we go eat dinner?" He chuckled and threw an arm around her shoulders. She elbowed him in the stomach. "Oof!"

"Who said you can touch me? Tsk." She left for the kitchen. He rubbed his abdomen but laughed. "Wait for me!"

During dinner, Hyunjoo looked like she hasn't been fed for days. Doojoon stared at her in disgust. "Yah, can't you eat slower? No one is going to steal your food!"

She stopped and glared at him. "For your information, I happen to eat this way when I find something tasty." She went back to her food. "I haven't eaten a huge chunk of beef before. What is this called? It's sold in those fancy restaurants, isn't it?"

Doojoon scoffed. "Go ahead and eat as MUCH as you want. I lost my appetite." He pushed the plate towards her.

"How can you lose your appetite? It's tasty!"

"I've eaten so many if these, I'm sick. Eat it for me.”

She swallowed. "How can I eat your plate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter