Doojoon's Confession

The Way She Shines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two went home and Hyunjoo went straight to the shower. She told Doojoon she didn't feel hungry when he asked her if she wanted something to eat. He didn't want to order take out and eat by himself so he looked into his fridge for something to fill his stomach. He made a mental note to learn how to cook from one of his workers.

When she finished showering and brushing her teeth, she went straight to bed. It wasn't even that late either. She heard a knock on her door but didn't answer. The door opened a bit. "I'm coming in," Doojoon said before he fully opened the door and walked in.

He saw Hyunjoo covered up under her blanket, with her back facing the door. He walked towards her and sat on the edge of her bed. "Are you okay?" he asked.

She didn't reply so he decided not to dig any deeper. "You shouldn't go to school tomorrow. Tell them you're sick or-" he cut himself off when he heard her sniff.  Doojoon slowly placed his hand on her arm. She was shaking from her quiet sobbing. Doojoon's eyes softened. "I said it was okay wasn't it? It's okay if it's in front of me. I won't say anything. Promise."

Her quiet sobs started to get louder. She has been crying in the shower where Doojoon couldn't hear her, but it seemed like she couldn't get it out of her system just yet. She still had tears that were ready to flow out. He rubbed her arm in comfort before he sat down on the ground with his back leaning on her bed. At times like this, he knew Hyunjoo wanted to be alone but he felt like he couldn't leave her at this moment. He could listen to her cry all night if he wanted to. He just felt like he couldn't leave her alone at a time like this.

Eventually, Hyunjoo started to quiet down. Doojoon didn't know how, but she cried for about an hour. Once he heard her soft breathing, he stood back up and gently turned her around so he could see her face. She wasn't a deep sleeper, but she was so tired that she didn't wake up when he moved her.

He knelt down beside her. He could still see wet tears on her face. He gently wiped them away with his thumb. He thought she looked beautiful. Her tear stained face, her slightly red face, and her dark circles. In her ugliest state, she looked absolutely beautiful in his eyes.

Doojoon suddenly had the urge to kiss her. He slowly leaned in, still hesitant if he should or not. He stopped, centimeters away from her lips. *I don't think I can JUST protect her anymore.*

He leaned back and fixed her blanket. He kissed her forehead. "Goodnight, Hyunjoo."

 

In the morning, Hyunjoo woke up to the sound of her alarm clock. She moved around and groaned, not wanting to wake up. "Turn it off..." she heard someone say. Her eyes snapped open. She reached over her headboard to turn off the alarm. She sat up and looked around, thinking she heard Doojoon. She shrugged it off in her half-awake state and pulled out of the blanket and sat up, feeling something soft against her feet.

"Ugh."

"What the!" she jerked her legs away from the floor and looked down. Doojoon was sleeping on the ground right next to her bed.

"What the hell are you doing here? I thought you left!"

He groaned in response and turned around. Hyunjoo sighed. She stepped over him and squatted down. She poked him. "Go back to your bed."

"It's so far away," he said in his husky morning voice. Girls would've swooned over his voice but she rolled her eyes. "Then get on my bed. Sometimes I think you like my bed better than yours." She grabbed his arm and helped him get on her bed.

Doojoon got on her bed without opening his eyes. He got on her pillow and she tucked him in her blanket. Once she was done, she walked towards the washroom but Doojoon suddenly grabbed her hand. She turned around and looked down. She looked at his hand before trailing up to his arm and at his face.

His eyes were still closed but it was clear he was awake. "Don't go to school today," he said. "You need to rest. It's been a rough day for you yesterday."

She pulled her hand away, almost close to blushing. At least she knew he cared for her health. "I'm fine. I can go to school."

Doojoon opened one eye and chuckled before closing it again. She raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"Where are you going with bloodshot eyes?" She turned to see for herself but he grabbed her hand again. This time he opened both his eyes. "Will you stay home?"

She sighed in defeat. He looked like he lacked sleep also and it was partially her fault. She felt like she had to owe him back. "Fine..." *Missing a day of school for the first time ever, wouldn't be so bad* she thought. Even though she is a rebellious student, she never missed school unless she had to.

"I'll be in your room then. I have work at 5."

He sat up from the bed and stood up. "You can go back to sleep, I'll be in my bed," he said, walking towards the door. "I'll wake you up later," he said before closing the door behind him.

They both slept in like a baby and didn't wake up until early afternoon.

Hyunjoo slowly opened her eyes, feeling refreshed after the additional hours of sleep. She hasn't had that much sleep in a long time. She looked at the wall clock and it had just past midday. She got up and walked to the washroom with clean clothes to refresh herself. When she was done, she walked towards Doojoon's room.

It was obvious to her Doojoon wouldn't wake up early. She knocked before going in, which was pointless but she didn't want to intrude his privacy.

"Doojoon?" she opened the door wider. Her eyes looked towards his bed, but no one was there. She scratched the top of her head. She was sure Doojoon wouldn't wake up early. Hyunjoo walked in his room and walked towards the open bathroom. She peeked inside but he wasn't there. *Did he really wake up earlier than me?*

She walked out his room and descended down the stairs to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter