I Want To Be Your Friend

The Way She Shines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Weeks passed and it was already the time of year again. It was the annual school sports day.

Hyunjoo still sat with the B2ST boys, with the exchange of a meal from Doojoon. She wondered how he could even afford her lunch but didn’t complain. It was his deal, afterall.

The boys and her didn't really converse much. She was still the silent girl who had earphones on. The others didn't mind her sitting there without talking. They talk to her sometimes but she never replies. Junhyung still hasn't been able to start his plan, whatever he was going to do. He needed the perfect time to do it.

Different classes were inside and outside school, watching their class compete with other classes. Hyunjoo decided to go outside, since there were a lot of people around her. The loan sharks will never be able to find her in the crowd. She didn't care about sports events like these. They weren't part of her marks so she didn't bother participating in them.

A shadow suddenly loomed over her. "Not up for sports day?" Doojoon asked, sitting down.

"I don't plan to suddenly participate." She said.

"Talking now, are you? Where’s your mp3 player?"

"I don't want to get it smashed by some kid running around,” she told him.

"True," He nodded.

"Aren't you participating?" She asked. "Of course, the kingka has to keep up his image." He replied.

She scoffed, "What image?"

"Yah!" He closed his eyes and calmed himself. "I'm only refraining myself today because a lot of people are here. Don't get so cocky annoying girl, you ain't too good yourself.”

She raised her eyebrow. "I didn't say anything about myself."

"Ah! I give up!" He surrendered and left the bleachers.

She amusingly watched him leave the bleachers, then being swarmed by girls. Then, another person sat down next to her. "Not a sports day person?" Ilhoon asked. She sighed, "Do I have to answer the same question twice?"

"It would be nice if you did." "When am I ever nice?" she mumbled.

He ignored her comment. "Ah, what a nice day, don't you think?” He stretched his arms up towards the sky. "It’s better here than staring out a window.” She didn't say anything so he tried to make a conversation. "So... how are the B2ST boys? Are they...fun?"

She looked at him weirdly. "Fun?"

"Yeah. I mean if you ditched us for them they must have something to offer right?"

"An offer...? Buying me food." She mumbled.

"What?"

“Nothing," she shrugged. "They're the same as you guys. Talking, eating, not caring about my presence… the list goes on."

"Hey it's not like we don't care we-"

"I'm going to the washroom." She interrupted.

"Yeah...okay." She stood up and walked inside the building. She was about to go inside the washroom when she heard her name.

"Are you sure you want to do this to Hyunjoo noona, hyung?" she heard Yoseob say. "I mean, she probably did that to warn you."

"She humiliated me in front of everybody. My plan is to humiliate her, in front of everybody, too. And you're all going to help me."

"I don't know. It's a pretty dumb thing to get revenge on." Dongwoon said.

"I don't care! As long as I'm happy, nothing matters."

Hyunjoo continued to the washroom, not fazed by the situation. She always had people who tried to plan against her but the plans never worked. She kept on a straight face, making their plans fail, but now she knew why Doojoon wanted her to sit with them. She thought he wanted her to sit with them so it could make their plan “easier”.

She was in the stall doing her business when a group of girls came in gossiping about her.

"You know Hyunjoo from class 3-C?" a girl asked.

"Yeah, the girl who keeps sitting with our oppas?" said another girl. She had to roll her eyes at that. "Doesn’t she hang out with the new kingkas too?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter