Nowhere To Go

The Way She Shines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ilhoon found out that it was the same two men that asked for her in the bakery. That was why she ran away from the school. A couple days after, the principle was fired just like Hyunjoo promised. Some students felt safer since they heard about the principle's doing and how he accepted a stranger as a family member when he did no ID checks.

Ilhoon hadn't been himself since then. He didn't talk or listen in school. He was spacing out and thinking of Hyunjoo. Whenever he worked at the bakery, he would always open late and have a red bean bun stored away behind the counter, waiting for Hyunjoo to come back.

He blamed himself for not being a good friend. His friends kept telling him it wasn't his fault, it was the men's fault but he kept arguing that if he had told Hyunjoo about those two earlier, she could've warned the office about those two and she wouldn't have to transfer.

Doojoon even confronted him one day. "Yah!" he burst into the class where Ilhoon and Minhyuk were being tutored by another student. "You." He pointed at Ilhoon. "I need to talk to you."

He just stared at him and didn’t say a word. Minhyuk spoke for him. "He doesn't want to talk to anybody."

"I don't need him to talk," Doojoon sneered. "I need to talk to him! If he doesn't want to get up and talk, you guys get out."

The tutor scurried out while Minhyuk slowly got up. He placed a hand on Ilhoon's shoulder and gave him an encouraging look before walking out and closing the door behind him.

Doojoon looked at Ilhoon who depressingly looked back. "Get your together." Doojoon suddenly said which surprised him. "You call Hyunjoo your friend?" Ilhoon furrowed his eyebrows. "If she is your friend, why are you being an idiot; moping around like someone died? Do you still want to keep being her friend or not? Acting like this isn't going to do anything. She's better off without you."

Ilhoon suddenly stood up and grabbed Doojoon's collar. "Don’t you dare say anything about Hyunjoo and I. You don't know anything!"

Doojoon smirked, "All I know is you've been acting like a ghost ever since she disappeared. You're not even trying to find her." He scoffed. "You call her your friend and spitting all these words about how you'll protect her and be by her side but you're not doing ." He pulled Ilhoon's hands off his collar and straightened his shirt.

"If I do see her around the streets, I'll do my best to make her my friend and I'll protect her like she's my family. Unlike the so called friend she has." With that, Doojoon coolly walked out the classroom.

Ilhoon clenched his fingers together. “She doesn't want to be found. She wants to be left alone. I don't care if you go find her, because I'm doing what a friend does. I'll wait until she's ready. Even though she didn't directly say she's coming back, she will.”

A couple weeks had gone by. Doojoon already took action to what he said. He scavenged the whole town, along with his buddies. Junhyung had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter