Ilhoon's Meal Plans

The Way She Shines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyunjoo's eyes slowly opened. It was already morning, and the sun was seeping in through the blinds. She blinked a couple times before she realized she wasn't at the sauna. She shot up and scanned the room. There was a closet, a drawer and a table with a bunch of papers on it. She relaxed when the memories of last night came back. But the weird thing is, why was she on Ilhoon's bed?

She opened the door and could hear Ilhoon cooking in the kitchen. She remembered about how she scared him last night and burnt his hand, so this time she made sure her footsteps were loud and clear when she approached him.

Ilhoon turned around for a second before he turned back to his stove. "You’re awake?"

She rolled her eyes. "No, I'm just sleep walking with my eyes open and responding to your stupid question."

Ilhoon chuckled and ignored her sarcastic remark. "Go freshen up, breakfast will be out soon." Hyunjoo did what she was told. She got out her school uniform and walked into the washroom to take a quick shower and brush her teeth.

When she was done, she walked to the kitchen to see Ilhoon waiting for her. He raised an eyebrow at her. "What?"

"Why are you wearing your school uniform?" he asked.

"It’s not the weekend yet, loser. Today is Friday," she answered while sitting down.

"Oh my God!" He shot up from his seat. "I forgot to do my math homework!" He ran into his room to change. Hyunjoo chortled before digging into his delicious breakfast. A few minutes later, Ilhoon walked out with his school uniform on, which was different from Hyunjoo's since she transferred.

"Hyunjoo-ah~" Ilhoon called. He sat beside her and gave her a sweet smile. "I'm your friend right?" he batted his eyes.

Hyunjoo leaned back and stared at him. "What’s wrong with you?"

He pouted. "Are you not my friend? Friends should help each other out when they're in a crisis, right?" He let out a goofy laugh. Surprised at the sudden aegyo, she asked, "What do you want?"

"Can you finish my math homework for me?" She stared at him in disbelief. Not hearing a response from her, he threw more aegyo at her. "Pleeeeaasee," he trashed around on his seat. "You said you are my friend! Friends are supposed to be there for each other! Just once!" he signaled with his hands. His index finger eventually climbed up to his head, making little ears. He danced around on his chair and wiggled his fingers.

Hyunjoo finally gave in. "Fine! Give me that." She snatched it away from him and started doing the problems.

"I knew you couldn't resist my aegyo," Ilhoon grinned in success.

"I just didn't want to see anymore," she scowled. "Are you usually like this?"

"Yup! Expect more of this since you’re officially my friend.” "Gross!" He laughed. "I liked it better when I wasn't your friend." He instantly stopped. "Don’t say that. I won't do any aegyo towards you, promise." He raised his pinkie finger up. She smiled and shook her head.

Hyunjoo finished the problems in 10 minutes which amazed Ilhoon. "This would've taken me an hour to do..."

She scoffed. "You need to do better in math."

"Will you keep being my tutor then? Our current tutor doesn't use metaphors like you, so it's really difficult."

She smirked. "So you did like my metaphor, huh?"

He blushed, "The car one was good!"

She clicked her tongue, "Whatever." She looked at the clock. It was 7:30. "I better head out."

"Wait, it's so early."

She shrugged, "My school is far from here, so I need to go early." She got up and grabbed her bag, ready to go. She slipped on her shoes and grabbed the door knob to open it but stopped. She turned around to Ilhoon. "If you see any strange men around here, be careful. Always check the area before stepping out the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter