s i x

Snapshot

 

A heavy weight settled in the pit of Minwoo’s stomach.  What had just happened?  The image of Kwangmi leaning into Jeongmin, his arms wrapped around her, burned in his mind.  Minwoo scowled, not pleased with the way things had turned out.

Why must Jeongmin hyung be so greasy?  Minwoo thought.

He stopped, halfway down the stairs.  What did it matter to him how Jeongmin acted around Kwangmi?  What did it matter to him who Kwangmi took interest in?  It didn’t matter.  Not to him.

At least, that’s what Minwoo tried to believe.

He reached the others, adding his own light to the huddle.

“Did you find them?” Donghyun asked.

Minwoo nodded stiffly.  “They’re coming.”

Hyunseong gave the maknae a worried look.  “What’s wrong?”

Minwoo shook his head.  “What makes you think something’s wrong?” His voice came out sharper than he intended.

Youngmin shone his light on Minwoo, getting a better look at the youngest.  “Because you look like you just saw the soccer captain making out with your girlfriend.”

Minwoo shrugged, trying to erase his expression.  At that moment, Jeongmin and Kwangmi joined them downstairs.  Kwangmi stood next to Minwoo and he tried to fight the blush that crept into his cheeks.  Thank goodness it was dark.  Youngmin looked between Minwoo and Kwangmi, eyes slowly widening.

“Really?” he exclaimed.  “Are you serious?”

Minwoo’s heart stopped, cold rivulets running down his spine.  “It’s not what you think!”

“What’s going on?” Jeongmin asked, confused.

Minwoo glared at Youngmin, stopping the elder’s words with a silent threat.  Youngmin gulped.

“Nothing, I was mistaken.  Let’s continue the game,” he quickly moved on, diverting everyone’s attention.

As the group argued over who had to seek next, Youngmin sidled over to Minwoo, lowering his voice.

“You are not getting away that easily.  You’ve got to tell me what happened,” Youngmin whispered.

“I don’t have to tell you anything,” Minwoo hissed back.  “Why is she here in the first place?”

“Because Jeongmin wanted to invite her.  Now, are you going to tell me or not?” Youngmin urged.

“What are we whispering about?”

The boys whipped their heads to the new voice.  Kwangmi peered up at them innocently, eyes wide with curiosity.

“Nothing,” Minwoo quipped.  “Did they find out who’s gonna be the seeker?”

Kwangmi nodded.  “Yeah, Donghyun is since he technically was found first.”

“So who’s gonna be Kwangmin’s partner?” Youngmin asked.

“Hyunseong.  They will just have the seeker switch out with the first person found and that will make a new pair.”

“Are we ready, then” Youngmin asked.

“I think so.  Let’s go.”

They joined the others and the game started.  Minwoo began turning toward the kitchen when Youngmin pulled him back.

“This way,” he whispered, pulling Minwoo’s shoulder.  “And turn off your flashlight.”

Confused, Minwoo obliged, deciding it didn’t matter where they hid as long as Donghyun didn’t find them.  Youngmin took the lead through the darkness, seeming to follow two lights ahead.  They crept stealthily, stalking.  Weren’t they going to hide?  Time was almost up.  They needed a spot and fast.  The two boys continued to trail after the pair ahead.

“Hyung, what are we doing?” Minwoo whispered harshly.

“Sh!  Do you want them to hear you?” Youngmin shot back.

Hear us?  What’s wrong with them hearing us?  Youngmin hyung, what is going through your head?!  In spite of his thoughts, Minwoo kept silent.

The pair ahead ducked into a room and Youngmin caught the door before it could fully shut.  The two crept in, not making a sound.  The darkness clouded any hint as to where they were.

“Okay, you can hide in this alcove between the fireplace and the wall.”

Wait, is that Jeongmin?  Then the other one must be…

“But where are you going to hide?” Kwangmi asked in a whisper.

“Over by the bookcase.”

The two lights separated, slipping into their hiding places before the glows disappeared.  Minwoo wasted no time.  He carefully snuck blindly to the fireplace, stepping slowly, hands outstretched to feel his way.  Reaching his destination, he shoved himself in next to Kwangmi, pushing her closer to the corner of the wall and the fireplace.

She gasped quietly.  “Jeongmin, I thought you were going to hide by the bookcase,” she hissed.

“Kwangmi?” Minwoo feigned surprise.

A small pause of silence, and then, “Minwoo?”

“I’m sorry, is this where you are hiding?  I’ll go find somewhere else.  But there’s not a lot of time…” he mumbled the last part under his breath, just loud enough for her to hear.

“Just stay here,” she whispered, moving further into the tight gap.  “I’ll scoot over.”

She created just enough room for Minwoo to fold his limbs in a non-painful position, but they were pressed together snugly.  They kept quiet, waiting for Donghyun to find them.  In the stillness, Minwoo heard soft hisses and murmurings.

Must be hyungs, he thought.

As the game wore on, Minwoo’s body began to ache.  He needed to move.  Although trying to adjust his position slowly and without disturbing Kwangmi, he accidently stuck an elbow somewhere near her head, striking soft skin.  A soft yelp escaped her lips, though he could tell she had been trying to hold it in.

“Oh no, I’m so sorry,” Minwoo apologized.

“It’s okay,” she assured, “It surprised me more than it hurt.”

“No, really, I’m sorry.  Where did I hit you?”

 

 

Kwangmi stifled a giggle.  He’s so nice.  However, that kindness did not take away the pain on her cheek.  She touched it lightly, wincing.

“My cheek, but it doesn’t hurt that bad,” she answered Minwoo’s question.

“Oh gosh, I am so sorry, Kwangmi,” he lamented.

“What is going on over there?” Youngmin hissed.  “Keep quiet or we’ll be found!”

“Sh!” Jeongmin shushed.

Kwangmi giggled at the interaction.  She felt a hand tentatively touch her shoulder.

“Kwangmi-ah?” Minwoo murmured.  Her heart melted at the concern in his voice, the guilt.  “We need to check it.  Is it swollen?  Is it bruising?”

“Minwoo, I’m fine.  Don’t worry so much.  It was an accident,” she tried to keep her voice as quiet as possible.

“But-”

“No, no buts.  Now, shush or we’ll be found.”

An awkward, silent tension ensued.  Kwangmi knew Minwoo didn’t want to let it go.  She would have let him fuss over her a little more were it not for the fact they were in the middle of a game.  She didn’t want to lose.

The door creaked open and a single beam of white light flit across the room.  It weaved back and forth, creeping closer and closer to the fireplace.  Kwangmi tired to slide even further into the stone, but there was not even a breath of space left for her to utilize.  She pulled Minwoo close to her, to hopefully keep as much of his body out of sight as possible.  The light crept closer and closer, Kwangmi's heart rate picking up with each centimeter it drew nearer.

“Achoo!”

Donghyun swiveled the flashlight I the direction of the sneeze, scurrying over to the bookcase, shining his flashlight down.

“Found you,” Donghyun stated.  Kwangmi let out a breath of releif, slumping, relaxing her tensed muscles.

“Jeongmin, I can’t believe you!” Youngmin complained, picking himself up from the floor.  "Did you really have to sneeze?”

“Well, excuse me,” the accused shot back, also rising from his crouched position.  “I was here first.  You should have found a different spot.”

The three were making their way to the door when Donghyun stopped them.  “Wait, you two weren’t partnered up.  Where are Minwoo and Kwangmi?”

Kwangmi held her breath, flushing herself against the wall and the fireplace, pulling Minwoo closer to her.  Would the others rat them out?  The girl gripped Minwoo’s arm, excitement building up.

“I don’t k now where Minwoo went.  I thought he was right in front of me, but when I got in here, I realized it had been Jeongmin I was following.”

“Yeah, I thought Kwangmi was just behind me, but it was Youngmin,” Jeongmin upheld Youngmin’s story.

“So, we don’t know where they went,” Youngmin finished.

“Well, let’s go then,” Donghyun said, voice fading as the boys left the room.  “Hyesoo was found first.  I still need to find Kwangmin and Hyunseong…”

Once she thought they were out of earshot, Kwangmi burst into a fit of giggles.  A moment later, Minwoo joined in.  Both clutched their stomachs as they fell from their crouched position, toppling over each other.  Tears gathered at the corner of her eyes, slowly seeping out and trailing down her cheeks.  Her chest heaved with ragged breaths, head pounding from the lack of oxygen.  But it felt so good!

A light and Kwangmi gained enough control to notice Minwoo had his flashlight.  The ray illuminated the small space they were in, casting shadows along corners and contours.

“That…was so…close,” Minwoo gasped, still laughing.

“Too close,” Kwangmi agreed, wiping at her tears.  “I wonder why Jeongmin and Youngmin didn’t rat us out.”

“We may not get along all the time, but they wouldn’t betray one of their own,” Minwoo smiled, leaning forward to catch a stray tear.  His fingers brushed along her bruised cheek, causing her to wince.  “Are you alright?” Minwoo asked.  He gasped.  “Your cheek!”  He picked up the flashlight and held it up to get a better view.  “Oh shoot.”

 

 

Her cheek had started to change color.  From clear milky creaminess, it had transformed to a pinkish-red hue.  Guilt erupted in Minwoo’s chest.  How could he have let this happen?  Why couldn’t he just adjust to the added length to his limbs he’d suddenly received?  Why did he have to be so awkward and stupid around this girl?  This one, freaking girl!

“We need to get ice on this right away,” Minwoo fussed.  “I’ll go get some ice.  You stay here.  No, come with me-”

“Minwoo!” Kwangmi shouted.  “I’m fine!  It’s not that bad.  See?” She touched the wound carelessly, stiffening slightly at the pressure.

“Don’t touch it,” Minwoo admonished, snatching her hand away, replacing it lightly with his own.  “Aish, I got you bad.  Please don’t hate me, noona!”

“Minwoo, I don’t hate you,” she assured.  “And I’m not your noona.  You’re older than me, pabo.”

“Why wouldn’t you hate me?  I just-” Minwoo paused, words finally processing in his brain.  “You’re not my noona?”

“Nope.  Everyone is older than me.  My 17th birthday is in October.”

“Really?  But I’m the youngest.  I even beat Jin by a couple of days…” Minwoo pouted.

“Well get used to it,” she stuck out her tongue.  “I always win.”

Minwoo finally remembered something, and he took Kwangmi’s wrist, pulling her up with him.  “Not this time.  You’re coming with me.”

“Where are we going?” she asked, curious.  “And what about the game?  It’s still going and we haven’t been found yet.”

“It sounds like Hyesoo noona lost anyway, so it doesn’t matter.  We need to get ice on that bruise before it gets any worse,” Minwoo began tugging on a resisting Kwangmi, dragging her to the door.

“But I want to win!” she whined.

“I want to win, too, but your health is more important than winning!” Minwoo exclaimed, giving one last, strong pull.

Shocked, Kwangmi stopped fighting back, colliding into Minwoo’s chest harshly, and their momentum pushed them both up against the door.

“Ow,” Minwoo groaned to himself, and then looked down at the girl.  “Are you okay?”

Kwangmi nodded dumbly, a silly grin spreading her lips.  “Yep, I’m fine.”

He gave her a skeptical look.  “Are you sure?”

“I’m sure.  I have a high pain tolerance.  Besides,” she poked his chest, “I had a cushion.  Well, somewhat.”

That moment, Minwoo became instantly aware of the way his arms held the girl to him, the way her body pressed up against his own, how their heads were inclined towards each other.  Though Minwoo liked the closeness, as much as he didn’t want to do it, he pushed Kwangmi back, an arm’s length between them.

“Come on, let’s go get you some ice,” Minwoo mumbled, a blush creeping to his ears.

Without another word, he opened the door and guided her down the hallway and down the stairs.

 

The 17-year-old boy dragged her out to the hall, flashlight illuminating the way.  Shadows flickered, ghostly figures stalking.  The house rang with empty silence.  Minwoo felt pressure on his hand, and he looked down.  Kwangmi held to Minwoo’s fingers, her brow slightly creased with worry.

“Are you okay?” Minwoo asked.

She looked up at him and gave a sheepish smile.  “Yeah, the shadows are kinda scary.”

“Are you scared of the dark?”  It was an honest question.  No mockery intertwined his words.  He honestly cared.

“No, I’m not scared of the dark… but the dark is scary.”  Her strong voice belied the tremors she sent down to his hand.

Minwoo laughed lightly.  “That’s a good euphemism.”  She shrugged indifferently.  “Well, you don’t have to be scared.  We’ll get through it together.  We just have to make it to the kitchen and then we can turn on some lights.”

Kwangmi scoffed at herself good humouredly.  “Aish, I know I’m a baby.  I know I get scared too easily, and yet I get myself in these sorts of situations.”

Minwoo’s heart constricted.  He squeezed her hand comfortingly.  “You’re not a baby.  And everyone has irrational fears.”  He paused, wondering whether he wanted to disclose this bit of information.  Deciding it was worth the risk, Minwoo mumbled, “I’m scared of cameras.”

Shyly, he peered at her, seeing the corner of her lips turned up in amusement.  “You’re not scared of them, you’re just camera shy.”

“Is that what it’s called?” Minwoo smiled, feeling much better.

The girl nodded her head vigorously.  “Yeah, and there really is no reason why you should be.  You are very photogenic.  The camera loves you.”

Minwoo blushed at her words, a sort of embarrassed pride.  “Um, thanks.  Too bad the love isn’t mutual.”

Kwangmi didn’t say anything, seeming to ponder her words.  “You could learn to love it.  Or, at least learn to not be afraid of it anymore.”

An icy chill ran down Minwoo’s spine.  “How would I do that?” he asked hesitantly.

In the small glow of the flashlight, he saw her grin.  “By taking pictures!”

The boy didn’t know how to respond, but he was saved from giving an answer when someone interrupted their conversation.

“There you are!” Donghyun exclaimed, Jeongmin trailing along.  “Where have you been?  I swear we looked everywhere!”

Kwangmi winked at him.  “It’s a secret,” she giggled.

“But why did you come out?  Why not wait until we found you?” Donghyun questioned, thoroughly confused.

“We got bored,” Kwangmi quickly answered before Minwoo could get a word out.  Minwoo glared at her.  Why did she keep putting off the treatment for her bruise?  Didn’t it hurt?

“And,” Minwoo added, “Kwangmi’s cheek,”

The girl interrupted, “Aish!  Alright!  I hit my cheek and bruised it and Minwoo is dragging me to the kitchen for ice.”

“But, that’s not-” Minwoo spluttered.

“Come on, Minwoo,” she tugged on his hand, leading him away from the other two.  “You’re the one who insisted, so let’s go to the kitchen and grab some ice.”  She turned to the others briefly.  “Hey guys, we’ll join you when we’re done.  Continue without us.”  Donghyun and Jeongmin looked on in confusion as the pair walked away.

Once they had rounded the corner and started tromping down the stairs, Minwoo finally spoke.  “What was that?” he cried.  “Why didn’t you tell them the truth?”

“I did tell the truth.  I bruised my cheek and that’s all they needed to know.  Unless you want them to know.  I guess we could go back and explain further…” Kwangmi’s voice trailed off, leaving the choice to him.

He deliberated, weighing the pros and cons of the situation.  “No, hyungs would scold me, and I don’t really need that.  I can scold myself,” Minwoo sulked.

Kwangmi smiled brightly.  “If it makes you feel better, I could scold you, too,” she offered cheerfully.

Minwoo bit back a grin, ruffling her hair.  “You’re weird.”

“Yah!” she shrieked, covering her head with both hands, repairing the damage.  “Not the hair!”

A laugh escaped Minwoo, tumbling out of his mouth and reverberating in the darkness.  “You sound like Jeongmin hyung,” he commented, taking her hand again.  “Come on.  We’ll never make it to the kitchen if we keep stopping like this.”

 

Her lips curved upwards as she stared at their clasped hands.  Warmth spread from her fingertips to the rest of her body, as if her heart had relocated itself to the captured palm.  Pleasant butterflies fluttered in her stomach.  Kwangmi stared up at Minwoo, once more distracted by his perfect features.  Her fingers itched for the camera she had left at home.

They reached the kitchen and Minwoo flicked on the lights.  The two squinted as their eyes adjusted to the sudden brightness.  Once accustomed, Minwoo pulled her over to the island, instructing her to sit on it while he grabbed an ice pack.  She acquiesced obediently, lifting herself onto the granite countertop.  Her legs swung back and forth, kicking out and in.  The brown-haired boy fished around in the freezer, successfully pulling out an ice pack.  He wrapped it in a thin cloth as he walked over to her.  He placed it on her cheek, holding it lightly on the red blossom until her hand replaced his.  Honestly, the bruise wasn’t that bad.  It would most likely be completely healed by the next morning.

Minwoo rested his hands on either sides of Kwangmi at the edges of the counter.  Gripping the sides, he leaned forward slightly, resting against the counter.  His eyes betrayed the worry and guilt he felt, in spite of his expressionless face.

“Stop it,” she ordered, attempting at lightening his mood.

Confusion flickered, slowly overwhelming the previous somber expression.  “Stop what?”

“Worrying –stop worrying,” Kwangmi elaborated.  “I’ve been through worse.  Look, it’s only a little red, see?” she pulled the compression away, displaying the not-so-serious injury.  When his eyebrows pulled down in distress, she flicked his forehead, annoyed.

“Yah!  What was that for?” he cried out indignantly.

Kwangmi smirked.  “There, revenge for you elbowing me.  Even?”

A pout puckered Minwoo’s lips, but he relented, rubbing the sore spot above his brow.  Suddenly, he didn’t look too guilty anymore.  After that, they fell into silence, awkwardness burdening the atmosphere.  Kwangmi openly stared at Minwoo, observing the light and how it hit the angles on his face.  She wondered which resolution would best bring out his skin tone, the darkness of his eyes, the softness of his locks.  Minwoo looked everywhere but her face, opting to nervously flicker his gaze from one point to another, shyly looking away.  Kwangmi smiled to herself, deciding on which type of picture she would like to take of Minwoo.

“Black and white,” the girl decided aloud.

Minwoo’s eyes met hers.  “What?”

“Black and white,” she repeated.  “That will be your next portrait.”

The boy shifted uncomfortably.  “Um, yeah, that might not happen…”

Kwangmi blew off his hesitation.  “Yes it will.”

He met her eyes skeptically.  “How are you so sure?”

She shrugged,  “I always get what I want.”

He lightly flicked her forehead, laughing, “Conceited.”

“Confident,” she corrected.

Minwoo sighed, defeated.  “I’ll try it, but don’t expect much.”

Kwangmi grinned enthusiastically.  “I knew you would come around!  You’re not as shy as you make  youself out to be.”

“I’m not shy!” Minwoo looked offended.

A giggle bubbled out of , replacing the awkward tension.  “Want ot put that to the test?” she challenged innocently, batting her eyelashes.

 

Minwoo’s breath caught in his throat.  Her face seemed so innocent, so open.  She was…adorable.  Still entranced, he nodded his head dumbly.  Kwangmi beamed.

“Cool!  I have a class next Tuesday.   You can come with me and see that it’s not so scary.  We and meet at the bus stop at 12:30.  My class starts at 1:00 and you can stay and watch.  It’s really fun, you’ll see…”

Minwoo observed as she rambled on, letting her dominate the conversation.  His eyes traced over her features, catching the glint of the overhead lights shining on her red-brown hair, long dark eyelashes framing glittering obsidian eyes. A small nose situated itself above full, soft red-pink lips.  A small, glowing blush painted her high cheekbones.  Every line, every curve exuded delicate fragility.  Kwangmi brushed at her hair, pushing it back from her face.  In that gesture, something caught Minwoo’s eye.  Just below her hairline was a white line.  Without thinking, Minwoo pushed her hair away again, getting a better view of the scar.  The white, puckered skin was almost not visible at all, but the line had caught the light.  Minwoo ran his thumb along the scar, wondering.

“How did this happen?” he asked, voice soft, as if any loud noises would break her.

Her fingertips brushed his hand, a faraway look in her eyes.  “A couple years ago, I was walking home from the library after school.  It was late, so it was dark, but I wasn’t scared.  I’d done that many times before, so it was a comfortable, familiar route.”  Her voice sounded so calm, that cheerful note still underlining her words.  “When I passed by a particular shop, I heard something.  It sounded like a whimper, you know?  Like someone was in pain.  I went to the side of the shop to see if I could help.  There was a man, and he was on the ground in a tight ball like this,” Kwangmi wrapped her arms around her stomach, folding herself as a demonstration before stretching back out.  “But when I came closer, the guy jumped up and sprang at me with a knife.  He nicked me here,” her finger traced the healed wound.  “I ran into the shop and the owner let me stay so I could call Kevin and he could pick me up.  We called the police, but the man had left by the time they arrived.”  Kwangmi paused for moment with a blank face before a small smile curved her lips.  “Kevin freaked when he saw the bandage.  He wanted to take me to the hospital because it had started bleeding through the gauze, but head wounds bleed more than other wounds, even if they’re not serious.  Yeah…he probably should have taken me.  I’d needed stitches.  So it left this scar.”

“Is that why Kevin hyung is so protective of you?” Minwoo asked, not knowing what else to say.

Kwangmi nodded, “Among other things.  I seem to get into trouble a lot.”

Minwoo’s fingers ghosted over the scar under her bangs.

What other scars does she have?

Someone cleared their throat loudly and the two turned, Minwoo dropping his hand.  In the entry of the kitchen stood Kwangmin.  Minwoo groaned inwardly.

This is not gonna be good.

Kwangmin smirked.  “Sorry to interrupt  your guys’ moment, but we’re changing the game.  Do you want to join?  Or you can continue,” he gestured at the two of them, “whatever it was you were doing.”

Minwoo blushed, “We weren’t doing anything.”

“What game are we playing now?” Kwangmi asked, innocently oblivious to the situation.  She pushed Minwoo back and hopped down from the counter, tossing the forgotten ice compression to the side.  Minwoo hadn’t noticed until she had pushed him away how close they had been.  He wanted to get close again.  His thoughts were interrupted when Kwangmi took his hand and bounced to out to join the others.  Happily, he gripped her hand and followed.

 

Games later, Kwangmi’s cell phone rang, alerting everyone’s attention.  Curious and slightly confused, she answered.  “Yeoboseyo?”

“Woo Kwangmi!” a voice shouted at her.

Kwangmi cringed.  “Ah, Kevin oppa,” she answered sweetly.

“Don’t you ‘Kevin oppa’ me,” her brother chided.  “Do you have any idea how late it?”

Kwangmi pulled her phone from her ear, checking the time.  “Umm…11:56,” she answered.

“Deh!  It’s 11:56.  Why are you not home?” Kevin screamed.

Minwoo nudged her.  “What’s the matter?” he mouthed.

“Uh, Kevin oppa, hold on for just a sec,” she said.

“Woo Kwangmi, don’t you dare put me on hold!”  She ignored him and turned her attention to the boy next to her.

“My brother is upset because I’m not home.  He’s falling apart.”  Kwangmi paused.  “Now that I think about it, he might have said something about being home by 11:30.”

Kevin yelled through the phone again and Kwangmi gasped.  “Mianhaeyo, oppa.  I’m coming home right now.”

“We’ll take you,” Minwoo offered.

“I’m coming to get you,” Kevin declared.

“No, that’s not necessary op-”

“I am picking you up and that is final,” Kevin said.

Minwoo sent a worried glance to Donghyun, silently pleading.  Donghyun took the phone from Kwangmi.  “Excuse me, Kevin ssi?  This is Kim Donghyun.  I am very sorry about this situation.  We will bring Kwangmi home right now.  You do not have to inconvenience yourself.”

“No, I will come to pick her up,” Kevin said sternly.

“But we are already getting in the car,” he said, motioning for everyone to stand up.  “Besides, you don't know where Jeongmin lives.  Kwangmi knows the way to her house.  Just let us bring her home.”

A sigh was heard from the other line.  “Fine,” Kevin relented.  “Be quick about it, but be safe too.”

“Thank you, we will.”  Donghyun hung up and returned the phone to Kwangmi.  “There’s not enough room in the car for everyone and it would be pointless if we all went.  Minwoo, take her home.”

Minwoo brightened.  “Deh!  Come on Kwangmi, let’s go!”  He took  her hand and pulled her to the front door.

“I’m sorry, everyone,” Kwangmi apologized, looking dejected.  “And I was having so much fun.”

Minwoo didn’t like the unfamiliar frown.  “We can always get together again,” he encouraged.  “Let’s do it soon, arrasso?”

Kwangmi brightened.  “Deh!  Definitely!  Now, we better go before Kevin oppa self combusts.”

 

As they drew up to her house, Kwangmi groaned.  “Uh, oh.”

Kevin stood in front of the door, a sour expression on his face.  Minwoo noticed Kwangmi fidget nervously in the passenger seat, biting her lip.

“Eh, Minwoo,” she began, looking up at him with wide eyes.  “Will you go up to the door with me?  I’m scared to go alone.”

Minwoo didn’t want to –Kevin intimidated him like this.  However, he could only imagine what Kwangmi must be feeling.  He would only have to endure his wrath for a moment.  Kwangmi had no such luxury.

“I’ll come with you,” Minwoo said.

Kwangmi stepped out of the car, waiting for Minwoo to join her side before walking to the door.

“Annyeong, Kevin oppa,” she waved timidly, an innocent smile on her face.  “I’m home.”  Kevin continued to glare.

They stood on the door step, an awkward silence brewing between them.  Minwoo shifted, uncomfortable with this atmosphere.  Kwangmi sighed.

“Mian, oppa,” she said.  “I’d forgotten, and we were having so much fun.  I didn’t mean to make you worry.”

Kevin continued to glare at her before his eyes softened.  “I forgive you.  Just, try to be more responsible in the future.”

Kwangmi smiled broadly, hugging her brother.  “I will, I will!  I promise to never be late again!”

“Yah, don’t make promises you can’t keep,” Kevin flicked her forehead, chuckling.

“Arrasso, arrasso,” Kwangmi giggled.  She looked to Minwoo.  “Thank you, Minwoo!  For everything,” she winked and then gave him a hug, one that he returned.  After the boy had bid his farewell, he drove back to Jeongmin’s house in high spirits.