t w e n t y

Snapshot

My Beloved Woo Kwangmi,

 

          I see you there.  I see you everywhere.  I see you with him.  I feel my blood hum.  You're the sun, an angel.  He's the night, a devil.  I deserve you every night for I am a God who holds the light.  You can be my Goddess.  He can do nothing for you.  With me, you can possess the world.

          You're mine.  From the moment I saw you, you're mine.  I alone can have you.  Your beauty and your love.

          I see you everywhere you go.

          I alone can love you.

 

Your Only,

                    Your Secret Admirer

 


 

Kwangmi gaped in horror at the mess littering the floor of the darkroom.  Stunned, she collapsed to her knees, picking up a fragment of sleek paper, a partial black and white visible in the corner. Tears welled up in her eyes, threatening to spill over. All of her and Minwoo's hard work ripped to shreds -literally. Every picture of Minwoo had been torn up. Her other pictures remained untouched, perfectly fine and looking magnificent. But any with Minwoo's face had been destroyed and scattered across the floor.

Why? She wondered to herself. Why would anyone do something like this? As she had made these pictures, mixing the chemicals, washing the image, bringing it to life in her hands, she felt as if she had given a part of herself to the photograph. She had infused a part of her heart. This montrous act was akin to tearing her heart apart.

The next time she sees Minwoo, she would contemplate telling him what had become of those first pictures, but she will decide against it. No sense in upsetting him. She will instead show him the second version of the pictures, and revel in the embarrassed pleasure on his face. She will mercilessly, but he won't really mind, and it will be as if nothing had happened.

But something had happened.

And it was just the first event of many more to come.

A dangerous, many more.

 


So I put chapter 21 here in chapter 20 and the next bit should be up soon.