t e n

Snapshot

A slow, dry breeze blew through the open window, the cooler summer night wind stirring the stale, warm air of Minwoo’s bedroom.  The boy flopped onto his bed, limbs sprawling out onto the sheets.  His dark eyes stared up intently at the ceiling as thoughts bustled around inside his head.  He’d had fun with Kwangmi.  It had just been the two of them, but he’d had fun.  He rarely spent time with anyone outside of Boyfriend without another member with him.  Minwoo hadn’t thought it possible, but he felt okay with Kwangmi. 

A small beep sounded and Minwoo fished his phone out of his pants pocket.  He quickly read through the text message, his ears flaming red the further he read.

From: Devil

To: Minnie

                How was the date???  You two seemed to be having fun ;P Have you kissed her yet?

Minwoo was officially disturbed by Youngmin.  How had he known about his outing with Kwangmi?  Furiously, he typed out a response.

From: Minnie

To: Devil

      Do I even want to ask how you know about that?  Besides, it wasn’t a date!  Don’t misunderstand!  And NO I have not kissed her!  I won’t ever kiss her!

He received a response soon after.

From: Devil

To: Minnie

      I have my sources ;) Famous last words.

Minwoo sighed in frustration.  “I’m not going to deal with him anymore,” he muttered, tossing his cell phone to the side, deciding to call it a night.

 

 

Kwangmi sat up to her laptop, working on her newest picture.  She wasn’t doing much, letting the natural beauty do its work.  She just enhanced the light and increased the color levels a bit.  At the end of the process, the picture she had titled ‘Little Moments’ superseded the photo she’d taken of Minwoo.  She rested her elbows on her desk, smiling at the screen, wondering the name of the little girl.

“Ah, it doesn’t matter.  Not knowing her name doesn’t make the picture any less beautiful.”

A knock sounded at her door before it opened.  “Kwangmi, supper is ready.”

She nodded once, rising from her chair and turning towards her brother.  “Okay.”

He looked over her shoulder at the computer screen where the photo still splayed.  “Did you recently take this?” he asked, moving closer for a better look.

“Yes, I did,” she responded.  “Today, in fact.”

Kevin nodded appreciatively.  “It reminds me…”

“Yeah,” she confirmed.  “That’s why I love it.

He didn’t have to finish the sentence for her to know what he meant.  He didn’t have to elaborate for her to remember another pond in another place, at a different time.  He didn’t have to compare the two girls –the one in the photo and another who had grown up already, who had passed the stage of young childhood. 

“Didn’t you say that supper was ready?” she said, pulling Kevin up from the chair.  “Let’s go!  I’m starving!”

She dragged him down the stairs, both in their own worlds, reminiscing the past.

 

 

A lone figure wandered the room, long fingers brushing along the tops of tables, over the back of chairs.  He wasn’t supposed to be there, not with the moon out and lending its soft rays as the only source of light.  But he couldn’t stay away.  He couldn’t stay away from the place where she had been earlier that day, where she had sat and laughed, and breathed in this exact air.  He didn’t want to leave her presence, no matter that all that was left was the memory.  He smiled as his hands caressed empty air, picturing her hair sliding between the gaps between his fingers.  Her scent seemed to linger, and he inhaled deeply, reveling in vanilla.  His girl was definitely perfect.

My girl, he thought.  That sounds nice.  Don’t worry, Kwangmi.  We’ll be together soon enough.  Then everyone will know you belong to me.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

So, short update, I know.  And it's not very exciting, but I felt bad that I haven't updated for a long time :( I'm so sorry!  I've been super busy with school.  Being a senior is hard!  Anyway, more to come.  Who is this mystery person?  You'll find out later ;)

Now, I have 12 subscribers, that means I should be getting at least 4 comments a chapter, right?  Right??  Right :)  So please comment!  I promise I don't bite.

Thank you so much!  I love you guys!