n i n e t e e n

Snapshot

Minwoo was going insane.  He couldn't get Kwangmi out of his head.  It was like she had taken up residency in the entirety of his brain and refused to relinquish her hold.  Like he's said before -she wasn't fair.  But like he's also already admitted -he can't blame her for that.  Not for anything, for that matter.  Not even now as he played video games with Jeongmin and Hyunseong.  He couldn't consentrate on shooting bad guys when the only thing he could think about was how it felt to have his arms around Kwangmi.  Or the look on her face when he had pinned her down.  Or that trusting smile she had given him even after he had cheated in the game.  There were plenty of other things to think about other than L1 means to fire and not X.

Finally, Jeongmin threw down his controller in disgust.  "Minwoo, that's the ninth time I've killed you.  What is your problem?"

Surpised at the outburst, Minwoo focued on his fraction of screen and, sure enough, it was replaying the last moments before his death.

With a shrug and a sigh, Minwoo set his controller to the side.  "I don't really feel like playing," he admitted.

Jeongmin gave him an incredulous look.  "You're the one who practically begged us to come over!"

It was true.  Minwoo had called everyone in Boyfriend to come and help distract him from his restlessness.  Unfortunately, Kwangmin and Youngmin were out with their girlfriends and Donghyun was at work.  That only left the greasy Jeongmin and the gentle Hyunseong.  Not great, but hey, he would take what he could get.

"I know!  I know!" Minwoo shouted back.  "But it's not working!"

Hyunseong, the pacifist of the group, stepped in gently.  What's the matter, Minwoo?"

The distressed boy clutched his hair in frustration.  "I can't get her out of my head," he moaned.

"Who?"

"Kwangmi!"

Hyunseong and Jeongmin exchanged sympathetic glances.

"I thought," Minwoo continued, "that some video games would help me forget about her and give my mind a rest.  But it's not working!"

More sympathetic looks and then Hyunseong murmured, "Oh, my gosh.  He's whipped."

"Like a little puppy," Jeongmin agreed.

Minwoo glared.  "I am not!"  But with the knowing looks from the other two, he was forced to reconsider -just a little.  "I'm just infatuated.  It will pass soon."  Now the other two shrugged to each other, as if giving up on convincing him.  Somehow, the gesture broke a barrier of ignorance around Minwoo's mind.  "Oh, my gosh," he echoed Hyunseong.  "I'm totally whipped."

Hyunseong patted his back comfortingly.  "It's alright, Minwoo.  It happens to the best of us.  And it isn't always all bad.  I mean, look at the twins.  You have to admit they are better with Jin and Hyesoo."

"But that only works when the girl likes you back," Jeongmin pointed it out.

Hyunseong gave him an exasperated sigh.  "You are oh-so very helpful."

Minwoo slumped in his seat thoughtfully.  "She might like me," he mumbled to himself.  "She seems to like it when we are together, and she always agrees to hang out more."

Though his voice was low, the others heard him.  Jeongmin asked, "When was the last time you two went on a date?"

Past his glare, Minwoo retorted, "They're not dates.  And it was yesterday.  I taught her how to shoot a basketball."  He grinned to himself, remembering how it had all turned out.  Studying his expression, his friends demanded more of an explanation.  Complying, Mnwoo recounted their excursion, laughing at certain parts, blushing at others.  By the time he finished, all three of them shared two thoughts.

The first: Minwoo had it bad.

The second: The idiot just might have a chance.