t w e n t y - t h r e e

Snapshot

She wasn't allowed to see him. Family only. So she sat in the waiting room, hands freshly washed for the third time that hour, teeth worrying her bottom lip.  She stared at her trembling hands, the events of earlier that evening playing out in her head. It had started off so well -they had almost held hands. But then that stranger showed up, and all she could see was the glint of metal bashing into Minwoo's skull, Minwoo falling helplessly to the attack, his blood staining everything.

The blood.

The blood that had not been cleansed from her skin, but had seeped into her pores, no matter how she scrubbed. This was the first time someone else had gotten seriously injured because of her. Crazy psychos were common place in Kwangmi's solo adventures, but no one had gotten hurt besides her. Now, Minwoo was in intensive care, fighting for his life, all because of her. Kwangmi's hands were now stained with Minwoo's blood. What made it worse was that she was glad that it was him instead of her.

No, that wasn't quite true.

She was nothing if honest with herself. And if she were being true to her feelings, it would not be that she was glad Minwoo had gotten hurt. It would be that he had gotten hurt with her around to be able to stop the attacker as best she could.

She spat into her hand, again trying to remove the red in . Clear saliva spattered into her palm. She rose to wash her hands.

"Kwangmi." A soft voice called her name, booming in the silent room that reeked of disinfectant and sterilization. Kwangmi knew what that smell tried to mask.

Blood.

"Kwangmi," the voice said again, more urgently this time, probably worried about her vacant expression and distant eyes. She turned those distant eys to the owner of that voice. Kevin's eyebows were drawn, lips tight. "Kwangmi, where are you going?" Instead of speaking, she held out her hand and displayed the coating of saliva on her skin. He only glanced at it briefly, not wanting to take his gaze off hers. "Why did you do that?"

For the first time in hours, she forced her voice to work, though she only uttered a single word.

"Blood."

Then she her heel and made her way to the nearest restroom. There, she would try again to remove a stain she would never truly be rid of.

 

 


I'm so sorry this is such a short update, and that it's so late in coming. I was having internet trouble and it kept deleting my stuff. I hate the internet -_- But here is this little tid bit. It's actually one of my favorite tid bits so far, for reasons you all will see soon enough. Have a wonderful day lovelies! Until next time!

Don't forget to comment! I want to know what you think of Kwangmi's behavior (^_~)