Chapter 11

Let's Live Happily Ever After Baby[DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris cleared his throat slightly and shifted in his seat. Instead of being parked in the middle of the road Kris drove us to a neighborhood park parking lot. Kris took in a deep breath and looked outside of his window, avoiding my eyes. 

"Are you sure you want me to tell you what happened?" Kris asked,"You won't feel sad right?" I furrowed my eyebrows,"If I didn't want you to tell me then I wouldn't have asked Kris." Kris nodded,"Are you sure?" I sighed,"Yes I'm sure." He took in a deep breath again.

"Remember how I told you she left me for another guy?" He asked softly. I nodded. Kris chuckled humorlessly,"It was Yongguk." 

My eyes widened,"Yongguk?" I asked,"But how?" Kris balled up his fists,"We were all best friends in high school," he began,"me, Yongguk and Yoomi." He shook his head,"We spent all of our time together. We were a pack, the three musketeers. Yongguk was my bestfriend, he was someone I could turn to for anything before I met the exo m boys. He always teased me about my feelings for Yoomi." He scoffed slightly,"God I was so in love with her. I just didnt realize that Yongguk was in love with her too."

"She was my high school sweetheart, I was so nervous about confessing my feelings and asking her out. But when I finally confessed and  asked her out junior year. Everything felt so perfect. Yongguk was my best friend and Yoomi was mine. Everything just seemed so right." Kris traced squiggles on the cold window with his finger,"But when she left me, it all fell apart." 

"She told me she hated my guts, she told me I was selfish and always thought about myself. She told me that her and Yongguk were together behind my back." Kris leaned his forehead against the window,"She broke my heart." He pounded the window softly,"I felt so bad when she told me she couldn't handle being with me anymore. She said I was a burden to her." 

I frowned deeply and reached out to touch his arm. This was the first time I had ever seen Kris so vulnerable. He seemed like such a different person while talking about this. It made me wonder if the Kris who I was with, was the real Kris. Because this one was definitely not the Kris I knew. He sighed,"Yoomi and I were together for 6 years. I was going to marry her. All I saw in my future was her." He lifted his head back from against the window and leaned back into the seat. 

I rubbed his arm and held his hand in comfort. I nodded and listened intently. Kris laced our fingers together,"When she came over to tell me we were done, I got on my knees for her and begged her not to leave me." He snorted,"Pathetic right?" I didnt repy but simply gave his hand a light squeeze. Kris turned to look at me and brushed a piece of my hair back,"I told her I loved her and ran into our room and grabbed the wedding ring I bought. I showed it to her and she just threw it away." Kris had tears in his eyes,"It hurt so bad." He whispered,"A few days after our breakup I went over to Yongguk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter