Tired

His Glue

Time seemed to fly by, in Kai's opinion. The weeks came and gone, every Thursday more pleasantly memorable than the last. And, every other day seemingly more tiring than the last. His exhaustion was apparent in the way his clothes seemed slightly disheveled, the way a stray piece of hair would stand straight up, the way those dark circles seemed to drop lower and lower. Though strangely, not many people noticed. "I'm fine!" He would say everytime Chanyeol or Sehun would ask, but they both knew why Kai seemed to be like this. It was his father. Dancing was obviously Kai's passion-no, his dream. Kai knew he wanted to dance after he graduated. But his father had other plans in mind. But nobody seemed to see his fatigue. Nobody seemed to notice.

But Kyungsoo noticed.

He definitely noticed. Even if Kai seemed to be perfectly fine, if his gaze didn't seem sluggish, if his appearance was flawless, if his eyes shown with the brightness that only presented itself when he danced was all present, Kyungsoo would have noticed something was wrong. Kyungsoo noticed, because of a certain lunch a certain somebody didn't even touch one day.

---

"I hope he liked it..." Kyungsoo  mumbled to himself, hiding around that same corner. Of course, it was Thursday. Scurrying out the moment Kai was out of sight, Kyungsoo was a bit too nervous to notice the slump in the other's shoulders, or the barely noticeable way his feet dragged on the floor, the way his gaze seemed glued to the ground. Picking up the lunchbox, Kyungsoo was a bit surprised at the weight. Surprised that there was still food in it. Normally, Kai would finish all the food clean before leaving.

"Maybe he didn't like the new recipe..." The wide eyed boy mumbled to himself, a bit disappointed. But he shook it off, determined to make a better lunch the next week. Do Kyungsoo was definitely not going to give up. That was just something he didn't know how to do.

---

"He should like this one..." Kyungsoo mumbled to himself after he placed the lunch box down. He had been trying for a few weeks now. Each time, the food's been left untouched. And he's positive that it isn't his food anymore, though he wished it was, because then, he'd know that Kai was at least eating. Stepping around that corner, Kyungsoo held his breath, waiting for the door to open. 'Click'. The door shut. There was no noise of a clasp opening. No sign that Kai even opened the lunch. Chewing on his lip, Kyungsoo peeked his head around the wall to watch the retreating figure's back. 

"He's thinner." He thought to himself, the concern and worry etched onto his face. Coming out to pick up the box, Kyungsoo sighed, his own shoulders slumping before shuffling away, his head clouded in confusion.

---

"Are you sure you're alright?" Sehun softly asked, the usual conceited look on his face long gone.

"You don't look too well..." Chanyeol noted, the paleness of Kai's skin standing out the most. Kai just chuckled and nodded, though it was too weak to be real.

"Of course! I'm perfectly fine! What would make you think I wasn't?" He playfully rolled his eyes before waving goodbye. Though he tried not to stumble, his steps were shaky, his body obviously weak from poor nutrition.

---

"Luhan, can I talk to you about something?" Kyungsoo asked one day in the cafeteria while Baekhyun was busy trying to get rid of Chanyeol and withstand Joonmyeon's teasing. Nodding, Luhan's eyebrows creased. The way Kyungsoo had been staring blankly at the table was an obvious sign that something was wrong.

"Of course." Too busy to pay any attention to Luhan and Kyungsoo, Baekhyun was bickering irritatedly again with Chanyeol, who always seemed unfazed by his insults.

"Just leave me alone. And stop that, Joonmyeon!" Baekhyun made a motion to hit the elder, an annoyed expression on his face as Chanyeol just kept smiling widely.

"I know you like it when I'm here! So of course I won't leave." He chuckled with that deep voice. Rolling his eyes, a thought passed through Baekhyun's head. A strange thought. For a moment, he actually thought Chanyeol's voice was...attractive.

"No way..." Baekhyum mumbled to himself, shaking his head, only to get a questioning look from Chanyeol. "I'm leaving. Bye." Baekhyun got up, threw away his lunch tray, and walked out as fast as his legs would take him. Though Chanyeol easily caught up with his long legs, even slinging an arm around the shorter's shoulder.

"Oh, those two..." Joonmyeon amusedly chuckled to himself, now turning his attention to Kyungsoo and Luhan, huddled close together, whispering to one another. And strangely, Joonmyeon thought he felt a tiny little pang in his chest, right where his heart was. And even stranger was that little feeling of jealous bubbling inside of him before he shook it all off, wondering where these absurd feelings even came from. Not bothering to say goodbye, as the other two seemed to be in a deep conversation, Joonmyeon left to clear his thoughts.

---

All the way across the cafeteria, there was a figure's eyes trained on a certain doe-eyed boy, his jaw clenching slightly everytime Kyungsoo whispered something to him. And without even knowing why, Sehun just stared even harder at Luhan, not even caring how obvious he was being, the deep frown etched onto his features.

---

"What's wrong?" Luhan asked after Kyungsoo had asked him to talk. With a concerned look on his own face, Kyungsoo's eyebrows were furrowed.

"You know that Kingka, Kai, right?" He asked, looking momentarily over heads and shoulders to peek at the subject of their conversation. Also looking over, Luhan nodded. Who didn't know who they were? And Luhan pinked slightly seeing Sehun's gaze on him before looking back to Kyungsoo, faintly aware of how Sehun didn't seem to stop staring.

"Yeah, I know who he is."

"And you know how I leave the cafeteria every Thursday, right?" Kyungsoo continued, receiving a nod from Luhan. "The truth is, I've been bringing him lunches and stuff, because he dances on Thursdays..." Kyungsoo trailed off, a pink tint on his cheeks now. "And I was worried he didn't eat, but he always ate whatever I brought him." Luhan's eyes widened slightly.

"You bring him lunch?"

"N-no! I mean, yes?" Kyungsoo stammered, "I m-mean I drop it off! But he doens't know who it is." He quickly explained before continuing. "B-but that's not the point! He isn't eating anymore, and I'm really worried. I mean, can't you see how thin he is now?" Kyungsoo sighed, a slight frown on his lips. Luhan could easily tell that Kyungsoo had developed something for Kai, even if he hadn't realized it himself. Inwardly chuckling at how cute it was, Luhan noticed that Kai was quite thin and decided to help Kyungsoo.

"Maybe I could ask one of his friends about what's going on?" Luhan suggested, tilting his head. Judging by the bright smile he received, as well as the way Kyungsoo tackled him with a hug, Luhan could tell that it would be greatly appreciated, considering how shy Kyungsoo could be.

"Yes yes yes!" Kyungsoo exclaimed, eyes bright with gratitude. "You would do that?"

"Of course. Don't worry about it." Luhan chuckled, no longer aware of a strong gaze directed at him. Unaware of a kingka getting up, a sour expression on his face. Sehun strode out of the cafeteria, leaving a confused and tired Kai in it's wake. Was it...jealously? Maybe...

Of course, Oh Sehun would never admit to that. At least, maybe not yet.