Introductions

His Glue

A/N: Sorry about a lack of an update for a really long time, I had to study and finish up school first. But thanks so much for sticking with me so far, I hope my updates don't disappoint!


Kyungsoo was simply beaming the next day at school. The memories from the day before were still fresh, and he intended to keep it that way, replaying the scene several times in his head. He still didn't quite know why he had developed such an attachment to Jongin, who was more or less a complete stranger to begin with, but he did, and he was glad he did. His friends noticed the change that morning before first period. Kyungsoo wouldn't stop texting for a moment compared to his usual routine of chatting around with friends.

"Hey, Kyungsoo," Baekhyun leads the group closer, his eyes squinted in a playful suspicion, "What's got you in such a good mood today?" 

Everyone else is equally as curious, especially Joonmyeon, who has his eyes glued to Kyungsoo's cellphone, trying to decipher who he's been texting all morning, though Luhan's been particularly glued to his phone as well lately. 

Kyungsoo's eyes widen in surprise, flinching at the noise, too engrossed in his cellular device to notice his friends approaching. He stammers, caught off guard as he clutches his phone to his chest in an attempt to hide it in case Baekhyun had seen the screen.

"N-nothing! Nothing at a-all. I'm n-not texting anyone!" he blurts, and Baekhyun raises an eyebrow, hands on his hips before he chuckles. Even Joonmyeon has to cover up his mouth to hide a laugh.

"Kyungsoo, that wasn't even what I asked you." 

Kyungsoo pinks a bit, realizing he's just screwed himself over. 

"Oh."

"'Oh' is right," Luhan chimes in, a knowing smile on his face. He had, afterall, practically been the messenger for Kyungsoo,  though he didn't mind at all. He didn't mind at all because he got to see a certain somebody because of it.

"What do you know that we don't know?" Joonmyeon chimes in, now genuinely curious, especially if it was something to do about Kyungsoo, and especially if Kyungsoo was a bit of a stammering blushing mess.

The warning bell rings, and all the students scramble to their desks before the teacher comes in, and Kyungsoo shoos his friends off, insisting that he'd tell them later.

"Promise?~" Luhan playfully chimes, earning a light slap on his arm from an ever redder Kyungsoo, who simply nods furiously. Saved by the bell, Kyungsoo briefly thinks before realizing just what he had gotten himself into.

-     -     -     -     -

"Guys, talk to me!" Chanyeol practically pleads to his friends who are pretty much bonded to their cellphones. Both Jongin and Sehun have the devices in their hands, not averting their eyes for more than a few seconds at most.

"We are." Sehun deadpans, fingers flying swiftly across the screen.

"No, we're not!" Chanyeol whines again, burying his face into his rather large hands, sighing in exasperation, "Who are you even texting at this time in the morning?" 

"Luhan."

"Kyungsoo."

Chanyeol lifts his head from his palms, eyes a bit wide, the confusion clearly marked across his features. 

"Hey, those are Baekhyun's friends." 

At this point, Chanyeol's pretty much talking to himself, only getting half-coherent 'yeah''s from Jongin and Sehun, as well as a few head nods. A short silence ensues as Chanyeol works out the details in his head. Meanwhile, Jongin and Sehun have small smiles curling onto their lips. 

 

To: Kyungsoo

From: Jongin

Meet me afterschool at the gate?

 

He receives a response just a few minutes later,

 

To: Jongin

From: Kyungsoo

Sure, but why?

 

Jongin chuckles quietly before responding.

 

To: Kyungsoo

From: Jongin

It's a secret~ You'll just have to wait.

 

"Wait!" Chanyeol exclaims, finally sorting everything out. "How do you have their phone numbers?"

"Because we asked." Sehun deadpans again, his expression clearly showing more interest in his phone than Chanyeol.

Chanyeol wants to strangle Sehun, but he keeps his self control in check, taking a deep breath.

"No, I' meant, how do you have their phone numbers while I don't have Baekhyun's?" he whines again, waving his own phone in the air. Just as Chanyeol's going to go through a monologue of complaints, how Baekhyun ignores him, how Baekhyun likes to insult him, how he don't have Baekhyun's phone number, but also how Baekhyun's undeniably adorable, and how he has the voice of an angel, and how perfect he is, the bell rings, cutting it all short. Though, both Jongin and Sehun know they'll hear the monologue later. It's as if his mind is saturated with Baekhyun and Baekhyun only. 

They all shut up and tuck away their phones, but Jongin receives one last message before he stows his away into his pocket.

 

To: Jongin

From: Kyungsoo

Okay, fine~ 

Sorry about that pause, I had a little...encounter with my friends.

 

Jongin chuckles once more before turning his attention to the front of the class, though his attention was elsewhere, like the plans he had for that afternoon.

-     -     -     -     -

All throughout class, Kyungsoo feels stares on his back. He can feel Baekhyun's occassional curious gaze, and Luhan's knowing gaze, but most of all, he feels Joonmyeon's piercing gaze that's laced with curiosity. He feels Joonmyeon's gaze the most, and it makes him almost nervous. He'd known Baekhyun had been asking purely out of curiosty, but from Joonmyeon, he sensed something else. He couldn't quite put a finger on it, but the word envy popped in to his head before he quickly shook it away. Joonmyeon was the sweetest person he knew. There was no bad bone in his body.

But, Kyungsoo does the best he can to focus on class, despite the distracting gazes and the strong urge to text under his desk, something that Luhan finds hard to fight as well, but he manages to forget about everything else, immersing himself in his studies.

The moment the bell rings, it's as if Baekhyun pounces, with Joonmyeon and Luhan following quickly behind. Baekhyun's eyes glint brightly with curiosity while Luhan has a smug expression all over his face, and Joonmyeon seems almost...nervous?

"So, who is it?" Baekhyun blurts, hands fumbling into Kyungsoo's pockets for his phone. 

Kyungsoo pinks, pushing the hands away. 

"I'll tell you!" he nearly shouts, flustered. "I-it's," he stammers from nervousness, Jongin. Kim Jongin." Baekhyun's and Joonmyeon's faces are a bit blank, "He sometimes goes by Kai?" Kyungsoo adds, and their eyes widen while Luhan chuckles behind his hand.

"How do you know him?" Joonmyeon is the first to speak, bewilderment heard clearly in his tone.

"Why a-are you guys so surprised? I m-mean, Baekhyun's friends with Chanyeol, an-"

"We're not friends!" Baekhyun exclaims, a bit exasperated, "He just follows me everywhere even if I try to ignore him, and he always knows where I am no matter how hard I try to shake him off or avoi-"

Joonmyeon clears his throat, and Baekhyun stops his little rant, realizing he's interrupted Kyungsoo.

"As I was saying, Baekhyun's friends with Chanyeol," 

Baekhyun makes sure to keep his lips shut, despite the protests that want to spill so desperately from his lips, 

"And Luhan's friends with Sehun, so I don't see wh-"

"WHAT." Baekhyun spits out, choking from the water he was drinking in an attempt to stop himself from interrupting again. Joonmyeon's expression shows shock as well, but it's not to the same degree as when he found out Kyungsoo was close to Jongin.

"Er." It's Luhan's turn to be under the spotlight,  and he pinks slightly before trying to explain himself, "W-well, we kind of started talking thanks to Kyungsoo here..." he trails off, sending Kyungsoo a few pleading looks to just explain everything. Kyungsoo sighs, knowing there's no way back.

"Okay, I'll start from the beginning," and he urges his friends to take a seat.

As Kyungsoo explains where he's been going every Thursday, and the favors he's asked of Luhan, which is also where he met Sehun, Baekhyun's expression mirrors that of an excited little school girl. 

"That's so cute!" he exclaims, reaching out to pinch Kyungsoo's cheeks as he continues to explain how just the day previous, he's finally met Jongin in person by coincidence (at least, Kyungsoo thinks it's a coincidence. Jongin knows that he deliberately planned it himself), and Kyungsoo grows more and more excited as he speaks, and by the end, there's a wide smile on his lips, and he's jittery just replaying the memory. 

Kyungsoo sees Luhan blush again as Baekhyun exclaims another, "Luhan, that's adorable!" and pinches his cheeks, but he also sees Joonmyeon's rather blank expression with underlying hints of jealousy, but he brushes that off. Kyungsoo grows too excited retelling his story to see the obvious signs of envy and jealous written across Joonmyeon's face, and Luhan's too busy blushing to notice, and Baekhyun's too busy squealing to simply turn and look.

"Awww," Baekhyun gushes one last time as Joonmyeon abruptly stands up and leaves the classroom, only muttering a, "I'll be right back."

The three are a bit dumbfounded, but Kyungsoo and Luhan receive texts, smiles immediately curling on his lips. Just as Baekhyun's about to complain about being lonely, his phone buzzes.

 

To: Baekhyun

From: Unknown

Hi! It's Chanyeol! Sehun gave be your number from Luhan.

 

Baekhyun shoots a dirtly look at the blonde, and Luhan shrugs, sticking his tongue out.

"Hey," Luhan argues, "Apparrently he was begging."

Baekhyun rolls his eyes and replies to the message, unknowingly smiling.

 

To: Chanyeol

From: Baekhyun

Hi.

 

Though the message is short, he has a feeling that Chanyeol's going to have a lot to say, and he's right.