Excuse Me?

His Glue

Luhan was nervous.

Even if he could keep his voice steady as he lied, (which he couldn't), the way his hands were damp from sweat, or the way he chewed his lip said it all.

If it hadn't been for the promise he made to Kyungsoo, Luhan would've never been doing this. He would've never been standing outside his long-time crushes' classroom door, frozen in place. But he promised. He promised Kyungsoo he would try help. Besides, Luhan couldn't stand seeing the wide-eyed boy look so exhausted. After all, Kyungsoo seemed to be the very first true friend he had. Not someone who would use him for his looks or money. Kyungsoo was really the first person Luhan could trust. 

And so Luhan took a deep breath, turning the handle after wiping off his palms onto his jeans. The door creaked a bit too much for his liking, only attracting the attention of a few students. The rest were too busy chatting, making the most of their break. (Un)luckily for Luhan, one of those heads belonged to Oh Sehun. His one and only crush in his entire lifetime. 

The blonde knew he was never really attracted to any of the girls at their school, but he had never felt this way about anyone just from a single glance. And as their gazes locked, it seemed as if the entire room could feel the silent tension, the conversations dulling into whispers. Managing to snap out of his little trance, Luhan tore his gaze away from Sehun's eyes, almost reluctantly, before noticing the stares from the rest of the students. If he hadn't been so nervous, he would've have seen Kai's head down on the desk, presumably trying to catch up on a lot of missed sleep, and he would've seen Chanyeol texting furiously on his phone, his smile stretching ear to ear. 

"U-uhm, e-excuse me," Luhan cleared his throat, though by this point, he already had everybody's attention. "I n-need to speak with O-oh Sehun." And he mentally scolded himself for sounding so idiotic. 

-   -   -   -   -

Kyungsoo would not stop fidgeting. 

"Kyungsoo, stop doing that." Baekhyun sighed, looking at his phone, a small smile on his lips, though he wiped it away whenever someone realized who he was texting. "It'll be fine, stop worrying. I don't even know how Luhan's been dealing with you the past few days." He dropped his phone onto the desk to refocus his attention the boy who was about to chew off his bottom lip, a guilty look in his eyes. "Kyungsoo, I didn't mean to make you feel bad. You just need to realize that things will be okay. Have some faith in Luhan, okay?"

And Kyungsoo nodded, realizing how unreasonable he's been being. Taking a deep breath, he tried to relax. At least his body didn't seem so anxious anymore. But internally, he was still like a raging ocean. He couldn't stop worrying.

Baekhyun's phone vibrated and he quickly snatched it up, knowing there was no stop to his friend's panicked state except for the good news he hoped to hear. And reading the text, Baekhyun bit back a small laugh, hoping it went unnoticed. Who knows how embarrassed he'd be if someone knew who he was texting.

Park Chanyeol.

-   -   -   -   -

Sehun sighed to himself. Kai was pretty much passed out on his desk from exhaustion, and Chanyeol refused to talk to him.

"Hey Chanyeol, get off your phone." And Chanyeol just shook his head, hair bouncing slightly as his fingers deftly swiped across the screen.

"Busy." The one word response ellicited an eye roll from the younger as he crossed his arms, leaning against the desk.

"Who're you texting? Baekhyun?" He tried to prod, only to receive a brisk nod. Well, that attempt at embarrassment failed. Ever since Baekhyun had finally agreed to give Chanyeol his number (the giant had been asking a long time now, only to be constantly ignored), Chanyeol would not be outside a ten foot radius of his phone. Even in the shower. God, the clutz had even almost dropped it in the toilet.

Just as he thought he would die of boredom, Sehun heard the door click open. He wondered who would come visit their classroom. Nobody really came at all anyways, especially during a break. But when he turned his head, his eyes widened by a fraction before returning to their original stoic expression.

Luhan?

And because Sehun was so good at masking his expressions, his surprise and confusion didn't show one bit. And when the blonde called out his name, it was easy to hide the pleasant smile that would've spilled across his features. But it wasn't as easy to stop the fluttering of his heart, even if that was one thing nobody could even see.

-   -   -   -   -

Okay, nervous was an understatement. 

Luhan was a mess.

After Sehun had strolled out of the classroom so perfectly (at least, that's how Luhan would describe it) the blonde was almost frozen in awe, the pink tint already making it's way up to his cheeks.

"Aren't you coming?" Sehun called through the door, standing in the hallway with his hands casually stuck in his pockets. 

He's such a model.

And Luhan finally snapped out of his awe-like state, for the second time now, and scurried through the door after Sehun, the tips of his ears now red. And if he hadn't been so consumed with his thoughts and embarrassment, he would've heard the giggles from the girls, and he would've seen Chanyeol look away from his phone, a little smirk on his lips.

"S-sorry. I was just..." Luhan tried to apologize before trailing off, not quite sure how he would explain himself next.

Sorry, I was just too caught up obsessing in your perfection.

And Sehun chuckled seeing the blonde fidgeting slightly with his hands. Luhan couldn't bring himself to look at Sehun's face, but that laugh made his chest feel lighter as he fought to hold back a wide grin. The last thing he wanted to do was creep out the one he hoped to be in a relationship with.

"No, it's fine."

And that voice. Luhan was mesmerised again, his gaze 'accidentally' flickering back to Sehun's facial features. Okay, it wasn't an accident, and Luhan knew he would be entranced again, which he obviously was. And if he wasn't so awestruck in the moment, he would've fallen even deeper into the other's smile, white teeth displayed clearly. There was a brief moment of silence in which the blonde's jaw seemed to be hanging down before Sehun spoke again.

"What did you need?" His head tilted a fraction as he watched Luhan stumble for words, nervously wringing his hands and fingers with the hem of his school uniform.

"O-oh! Right...-" Luhan began, talking a bit too quickly in his almost panicked state. "Y-you're Kai's friend, r-right? I h-have a friend w-who's quite worried about him, and I w-wanted to help, and I was hoping...you'd do me a favor by making sure he's eating right and sleeping so he doesn't look so sick all the time and-" A chuckle cut off the blonde's ramble and a hand reached out to lightly ruffle his hair.

"I will, Luhan."

-   -   -   -   -

Sehun couldn't take his gaze off the shorter male. He knew he had felt something for the attractive blonde, but he had never thought Luhan could get even handsomer than he alread was. And Sehun actually smiled softly, a genuine smile. Not a practiced, stiff smile he gave to the fangirls, but one that he only let out when he was truely happy. Though Luhan stumbled with his words as he tried to explain himself, Sehun wasn't really listening, too busy gazing at those pink cheeks and the hands that fiddled with the uniform. 

And he actually let out a small chuckle. Laughing always felt good, but only if you really meant it.

And Sehun smiled even wider when the blonde looked up, finally meeting his gaze. He bit his lip to keep from laughing when he saw Luhan's jaw hanging open, not wanting to embarrass the other. The taller had to listen closely to make out the other's rushed words. And if Luhan had been looking instead of staring at the ground, trying not to stumble on his words more than he already had, he would have seen the way Sehun's facial expressions momentarily dropped hearing 'Kai'. But Luhan would've heard the soft sigh of relief escaping Sehun's lips after spitting out the part about Kyungsoo being worried.

And without thinking, Sehun lifted a hand, letting it land into the soft blonde locks. And though he wouldn't say it out loud, quite yet, Sehun liked the way it ran between his fingers. 

He made sure to emphasize the other's name, chuckling when Luhan panicked.

"Oh my! I d-didn't even introduce myself!" He bowed quickly, eyes wide. "I'm L-"

"Luhan. I know." Sehun finished, laughing a bit harder, though it was clear he tried to restrain himself. He wanted to stay with the blonde more before the warning bell rang. 

Only two minutes before class started again.

"You should get going." Sehun smiled at the frozen boy, who was in shock that Sehun would even know his name. And with that, Luhan managed to nod, though he still didn't turn away. Playfully rolling his eyes, Sehun lightly placed his hands on the other's shoulders, turning him around. "Do you need me to walk you?"

And he chuckled at the way Luhan almost gasped and shook his head, scurrying away, his cheeks and ears even redder than before. Sehun easily walked back into class, heart thumping lightly. No, he wasn't embarrassed. Of course he wasn't. But there was a hint of a smile tugging up on the corners of his lips. 

-   -   -   -   -

Luhan practically ran back to class, a bit flustered as he sat down next to Kyungsoo, who bombarded him with questions.

"How'd it go? What did Sehun say? Did Kai look okay?" And despite how worried Kyungsoo looked, Luhan couldn't answer. His heart was beating a bit to hard in his chest, his face was a little too hot for his liking. Luhan found it hard to breathe properly just remembering Sehun's face.

Oh, and that smile. Luhan remembers now, willing the image to stay in his brain.

And all he can do is give Kyungsoo a thumbs up, earning a relieved sigh from the other, too caught up in his worries to even register the obvious signs Luhan was exhibiting. The obvious signs of love.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N

Hi everybody! I believe this is my first author's note!~

I just wanted to thank every single one of you for liking and following this story. And I'd like to especially thank everyone who comments. The comments really do make an author feel good, because they directly tell me how much you enjoy this. And I write not only because I like to, but also because I like to see that other people actually enjoy reading it. 

Sorry I haven't updated in a LONG time, but school's been really busy, and it will be for another two to three weeks. But after that, I should have much more time, and I'll definitely update more! (Those AP classes are killing me T.T)

But please feel free to comment and talk to me, I definitely don't bite ^^ I always reply, unless I somehow missed your comment, so don't think I'm ignoring anybody!

In fact, I would love to talk to you all!

I hope you liked this update, it's not the main pairing, but a side-pairing instead.