Do Kyungsoo

His Glue

It was yet another Thursday, and the air in the school was light and cheerful, despite the finals that would approach in the next few weeks. As the bell to signal the beginnings of lunch rang, laughter and excited voices of the students filled the halls. To put everything simply, things were simply at their best.

Kyungsoo's cheeks were pink with excitement, simply because it was Thursday. And Thursdays meant seeing Kai dance, even if it was in secrecy. So as his group of friends sat at the lunch table, with Chanyeol's bright attitude even making surrounding students happy, Kyungsoo couldn't help but laugh along. It was obvious that Baekhyun was happy as well, even if he always forced an irritated expression onto his face whenever the blonde giant was around. Baekhyun was just stubborn like that. 

Strangely, a certain doe-eyed boy wasn't at the table today.

"Where's Luhan?" Baekhyun piped in, trying to change the topic of conversation, or rather, distract Chanyeol, from tickling him any further. Joonmyeon shrugged, looking around.

"I don't know, but I saw him earlier today. Maybe he's with someone else?"

And at that moment, Kyungsoo spotted a figure leaving the cafeteria and quickly gathered his things.

"I've got to go, bye guys!" And with a wave, his figure vanished behind those double doors. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were too busy with eachother to notice the flash of sadness that skipped over Joonmyeon's features, and even if Luhan had been there, he would've been to busy ogling at someone else.

-   -   -   -   -

Kai wasn't even sure why he had gone to the cafeteria today. Yes, he was definitely happy, and yes, he was healthy again, but he was anxious. He was anxious because he had decided that today was the day. Today was the day he would find who the lunch box maker was. 

But as he sat at the table like every Thursday before leaving, he realized he was alone. Well, other than the fangirls that tried to scoot closer, only making Kai scoot a little further. Everyone had their personal space, afterall.

And when it was time to leave, Kai tried to hide his excitement and anxiety, though he did walk a bit faster than usual. He knew he couldn't act like something was different, or he might risk foiling his entire plan. And he definitely didn't think he could wait until next Thursday to find out.

-   -   -   -   -

Kyungsoo walked quickly behind Kai, making sure to stay quiet. If he hadn't been so happy, (it was his favorite day of the week, afterall), he might have seen two figures resembling Luhan and Sehun together in an empty classroom, eating together. He might have even heard their laughs and seen the way their bodies were scooted close, almost on top of each other. But, he didn't, because his gaze was trained straight ahead, watching the figure turn corners all the way to the dance room.

He held his breath until Kai went in and waited a few minutes, like always, before tiptoeing closer to the door. And like always, Kyungsoo watched with awe simply watching Kai before kneeling down, taking the lunch out of his backpack.

-   -   -   -   -

Kai make sure to follow his normal routine the whole way from the cafeteria all the way to the dance room. He turned up the music and let his body move naturally, only taking occasional peeking at the door. When he didn't see anything, his shoulders momentarily deflated, a bit disappointed that his plan had failed.

Well, until he felt a pair of eyes trained on him. Briefly flashing his eyes to the door, he caught sight of a figure starting to bend down.

'This is my chance.' He thought to himself, immediately running to turn down the music. Walking a bit too quickly to the door, almost running, he let a hand rest on the handle, quickly pulling the door open.

-   -   -   -   -

"Hello?" Kyungsoo heard a voice ask and froze from his spot on the floor, hands just about to let go of his favorite Pororo lunchbox. If he hadn't been humming, or completely absorbed in his thoughts, Kyungsoo might have heard the thudding footsteps, or more obviously, that the music had stopped playing. 

Slowly turning his head up with wide eyes, Kyungsoo could've sworn that he had stopped breathing. Looking downwards at him with a smile, an actual smile, was Kim Jongin. And just as Kyungsoo was about to stand up and run for his life, Kai stepped closer and bent down, his smile growing even wider.

"It's you." Kai breathed, eyes flicking to the lunch box still firm in Kyungsoo's grasp. The wide-eyed boy seemed to snap out of his daze after Kai had questioningly tilted his head. Gasping and falling backwards onto his , Kyungsoo's face flushed a bright red as he nodded, speechless. Chuckling softly, the dancer sat down as well, many thoughts on his mind. There were so many things he had wanted to say, but only one thing slipped out.

"Thank you."

And it was as if Kyungsoo understood everything Kai wanted to convey in those two words. 'Thanks for the food, thanks for the notes, thanks for the support.'

And once again lost in his thoughts, Kyungsoo was snapped out of it again with a question.

"What's your name?" A hand was extended towards his body that now sat upright.

"Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo." And Kyungsoo smiled, taking the hand firmly.

"Hi, I'm K-"

"I know." Kyungsoo interrupted, glad that Kai didn't think he was some kind of creep, or stalker.

"Oh, right." Kai chuckled, a bit of pink tinge on his cheeks from embarrassment. After a brief pause, Kai's stomach growled and his blush only deepened. This time, it was Kyungsoo's turn to chuckle, and he pushed the lunch box toward the dancer. 

"Eat. I make it for you for a reason." Accepting the box, Kai scooted closer to the other male.

"Together, then. Think of it as...a celebration. For finally meeting."

And the two dug in heartily, the unspoken words between them already communicated. There was a sense of comfort, as if the two had know each other their whole lives.

And any questions or words that needed to be exchanged could wait, Kyungsoo decided, seeing the younger scarf down the food. 

Kyungsoo didn't think this day could get any better.

And Kai didn't think his plan would turn out this perfectly.