Park Chanyeol

His Glue

"You look well." Chanyeol noted, swinging a heavy arm around Jongin's shoulders, smiling that trademark smile of his. There was a slight twitch to it, but that trait only seemed to make the girls swoon ever more as the trio strolled down the hallways. With a knowing smile, Sehun watched as Kai pinked lightly. A bit embarrassed, and afraid his friends would scold him, he tried to shrug it off, shaking his head.

"Do I really? I alwasy look good~" he joked, hoping his friends wouldn't notice the tint in his cheeks. However, Sehun could see everything. In fact, he had a good guess too. Elbowing Kai in the side, he playfully smirked, "Hm? Your skin looks less pale now. Maybe you're....eating better?" he suggested, waiting for the other to react.

"N-no! Of course not!" Kai immediately denied, almost too quickly as he shrugged Chanyeol's arm off, stopping abruptly in the hallway. "I-it's really nothing!" he insisted after seeing Chanyeol's confusion and Sehun's cocky smirk. Breathing a quiet sigh of relief as Sehun just shrugged and nodded, Kai smiled before lightly jogging away, turning around to wave. "I've got some matters to take care of, see you tomorrow!" he shouted, narrowly avoiding another group of fangirls as he got into a limo, his smile fading into a tight lipped greeting as he made eye contact with his dad. Seeing the whole ordeal, Sehun just sighed, knowing exactly why Kai seemed so stressed these days. So tired. So weak. He was so broken. Pursing his lips in thought, Chanyeol patted him on the back before heading off, leaving him alone in the hallway, not counting the girls that still cooed and giggled at his face. With a nod, Sehun smiled before leaving as well.

"See you Sehun!"

"Alright, but watch where you're going!" Sehun called, not in time to prevent Chanyeol from walking straight into a wall, the tall male just shaking it off before chuckling and walking away. Shaking his head, Sehun chuckled a little as well, spotting a familiar figure turn the corner of the hallway, causing him to raise his eyebrows in interest.

 

------

 

"Bye Baekhyun, see you tomorrow?" Kyungsoo asked, packing up his backpack before slinging it over his shoulder, sending the other boy a wide smile.

"See you tomorrow! Don't wait for me, I've got some extra things I have today" Baekhyun nodded, pushing Kyungsoo out the door when the wide-eyed boy insisted on waiting and walking home together. "It might take a while, I'll be fine by myself!" he insisted once more before Kyungsoo sighed in defeat, though he still beamed as he waved goodbye, humming a light song as he left the classroom. Chuckling at the other's antics, Baekhyun sat down to finish a new musical composition he had been working on, lightly resting his fingertips on the keyboard. After half an hour or so of fine composing, a head stuck itself mindlessly into the room, simply drawn by the music emitted from the piano.

 

-----

 

Chanyeol was minding his own business. He was most definitely not trying to shake off the fangirls that never ceased to follow. Or, maybe he was, he decided to himself, quickly turning around a corner, his heart beating fast from the chase. Biting his lip, Chanyeol pressed himself to the wall, exhaling a sigh of relief when the mob of girls passed by, emitting a number of giggles and squeals, as well as the occasional, "Why does he keep running?" Seeing that the coast was clear, Chanyeol peeled himself off the wall, mentally arguing to himself why  he hadn't just booked it the moment school ended. Why he hadn't just stuck with Sehun. And then another thought crossed his mind. How was he supposed to even get out of the school without getting caught again? He most definitely did not want those 'fans' of his to know where he lived. He simply shuddered at the thought as his feet started to move, wondering why this area didn't seem familiar at all. Looking around, there was the faint noise of a piano in the background. Naturally following the beautiful sound, Chanyeol read the sign outside a classroom. 'Music department'. "No wonder I didn't know where this was. I've never even been here..." he reasoned to himself before finding his way outside the classroom, sticking his head in through the door to let his ears soak in as much music as he could, as well as the sound of a boy's beautiful voice.

 

-----

 

Smiling triumphantly, Baekhyun quickly scribbled down his new composition, even starting to write the vocal arrangments as well. After singing for a while, he decided to take a break, relaxing his shoulders when a chill ran down his spine. Instinctively gazing around, his eyes immediately met the one's of another tall boy with curly blond hair standing awkwardly half in and half out the doorway to the classroom. Eyes momentarily widening in panic, Baekhyun took a little scoot back on the bench, the worst thoughts of being stalked running through his mind. Though, as if Chanyeol could read the other's mind, his own eyes widened before he stepped in fully to the classroom - which caused Baekhyun to scoot back once more, landing on the floor with a grunt - shaking his hands and head wildly. "It's not what you think!" he blurted, recognizing the boy as Byun Baekhyun. Regaining his composure and sanity, Baekhyun cleared his throat, about to speak when he realized he was still on the floor. Pinking in embarrassment, he stood back up, easily hiding it all with a raised eyebrow.

"Then what is it?" he easily questioned, crossing his arms at the other.

"Oh. Er. Well." Chanyeol was having difficultly explaining himself, and when Baekhyun received no immediate answer, he turned away, gathering his sheet music and books into his bag. Finally composing himself, Chanyeol managed to smile as cooly as possible, feeling a need to impress the other. "Your music is really good" he complimented with that trademark smile, a smile known to make up to ten girls faint at once. Baekhyun just blinked, slinging the bag over his shoulder, tilting his head. "Thanks. But I still don't understand why you're here...?" he asked, wondering what the popular Kingka was doing wandering the halls after school hours. Noticably pinking, Chanyeol bit his lip before responding quietly, very embarrassed.

"I...I was running away from...fangirls." Baekhyun choked back a laugh and it ended up coming out as a slightly strangled snort, immediately covering his mouth. 

"That's....interesting..." he noted as he walked past Chanyeol out the door, making a left. "Bye then." he lightly waved, too tired to hold a conversation any longer, yawning a bit.

"Are you going home?" Chanyeol dumbly asked before pinking once more, stammering slightly. "I mean, I can walk you back." he offered, though it sounded more like he was asking permission. He stopped mid-stride on his way to Baekhyun after hearing the other's response.

"No thanks, I'll be fine. Bye." he waved, already walking off. Chanyeol's shoulders unconciously drooped and he was about to turn away, feeling as if he'd forgotten something.

"I know your name's Park Chanyeol!" Baekhyun called around the corner, like he had known exactly what the other was thinking. "I'm Byun Baekhyun! But you probably already knew that!" he said with a hint of cockiness in his voice. Pinking again, Chanyeol indignantly crossed his arms, turning away. 

"I never said anything!" he unconciously pouted  before finding his way safely out of school, his thoughts strangely occupied by a certain boy.