Eavesdroppers

His Glue

"What do you want to watch?" Jongin hummed, looking at all the movie posters that lined the walls. 

Kyungsoo hummed in thought, eyes darting from poster to poster. "I want...this one!" He pointed at a poster that looked like something from the past, completely in black and white. It was supposed to be a war re-enactment movie, and Jongin nodded, smiling. He would be perfectly happy watching anything-as long as Kyungsoo was the one with him, though he wasn't consciously aware of these thoughts of his quite yet. 

"I'll go get the tick-"

Jongin was cut off by a strangely familiar voice speaking over the loudspeaker, the low tones ringing throughout the movie theater.

"Excuse me, I'm afraid all movies expect for the scary ones are sold out. Sincerest apologies, and thank you." 

Jongin raised an eyebrow to himself, because for one, the words were extremely informal, and two, the more he thought about it the more it sounded like Chanyeol. Kyungsoo's voice brought him out of his thoughts.

"Aww." Kyungsoo sighed almost dejectedly, "I really wanted to see that one...but I guess we should still see a movie, right?" He smiled more brightly, tugging Jongin with him to buy tickets for the scary movie. 

"Are you sure you want to see this one?" Jongin asked hesitantly as they made their way to theater eight. He held their popcorn and ticket stubs as Kyungsoo had their drinks.

Kyungsoo seemed to contemplate for a moment before nodding, smiling. "I'm sure I'll be fine! Why, are you chickening out?" He teased before heading into the dimly lit theater, which was surprisingly full of people. Maybe everyone else had faced the ticket shortage as well. 

Jongin followed Kyungsoo with a grin on his lips, shaking his head slightly at the tease. They managed to find pretty good seats at around the middle of the theater, making themselves comfy as they watched the pre-film commercials.

-   -   -   -   -

"God, Chanyeol! What were you thinking?" Sehun sighed, exasperated. They had their own food in hand, popcorn for both of them with  their own drinks as well. "It was so obvious that it was you. Jongin must be an idiot for not recognizing your voice."

"Well, he didn't, and that's all that matters." 

"You nearly got us kicked out. I mean, seriously? Announcing that all other tickets were sold out? The manager was furious!"

"Where do you think they're sitting?" Chanyeol ignored Sehun, pulling him into the same theater they had seen Jongin and Kyungsoo go into. "Oh, oh! There!" He whispered a bit too loudly, earning a few strange looks, but luckily, the subjects of their conversation were too busy whispering to one another to hear. 

Sehun just shoved Chanyeol ahead into the row just behind the two, rolling his eyes. "Just. Go."

-   -   -   -   -

"That ing idiot. What is he doing here?" Baekhyun murmured after hearing the tall giant's announcement over the intercom. Even the kind Luhan rolled his eyes, shaking his head. 

"And I can't believe both Kyungsoo and Jongin didn't recognize his voice." Luhan murmured, rubbing his temples lightly, though he was surprised that Sehun had been here with Chanyeol.

"Whatever, it worked. Let's go." Baekhyun insisted, pulling Luhan into the theater after Chanyeol and Sehun. Luhan walked less reluctantly than earlier, and he saw the pair sitting just behind Kyungsoo and Jongin. Without hesitating, Baekhyun led him over, plopping noisily next to Chanyeol, who seemed more or less surprised.

"Oh! Baekhyun! What are yo-" His fake surprised voice was cut off by the latter's hand over his mouth, Baekhyun shooting daggers with his eyes.

"You, are a ing idiot. Now shut up, because they're right in front of us," He whispered menacingly as the movie officially began.

Chanyeol could only nod obediently with the hand over his lips, turning to face the screen.

"Sehun?" Luhan whispered as he took a seat next to the other, "Did Chanyeol drag you along too?"

Sehun was about to say no, because the real reason he had gone along was because Luhan was dragged here, but instead of saying that, he just nodded.

"Yeah," he murmured quietly, offering some popcorn to Luhan, "Dragged along just like you."

-   -   -   -   -

Kyungsoo was almost trembling in fear, not liking the scary movie at all. It took all his self control just to keep from shaking, let alone making any noises. 

"Kyungsoo?" Jongin whispered as the spooky music increased in volume. He could sense the other's obvious nervousness, and he didn't hesitate to take the other's hand.

Kyungsoo took the opportunity to finally tear his gaze away from the screen, shutting his eyes tight. 

"Do you want to go?" Jongin's voice was laced with concern and worry, and had Kyungsoo not been so frightened, he probably would've pinked at the gesture. He nodded softly, wincing hearing a scream in the background, and the two hurriedly stood up, making their way from the theater.

"Thanks..." Kyungsoo murmured, eyes still shut tightly as he gripped onto Jongin's hand with no intention of letting go until they were out.

-   -   -   -   -

"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun whispered, pointing at the couple leaving the theater, "Jongin and Kyungsoo are leaving. Let's go!"

Chanyeol just hummed in response, completely engrossed in the movie. "Yup..." he mumbled, not really listening to the other. Baekhyun just rolled his eyes and sighed.

"If you don't get up within the next five seconds, I'm never talking to you again."

One, two, three, four seconds passed.

Baekhyun sighed, exasperated, "You're not actually hesitating are you?" he whispered too loudly in disbelief, earning a few mean glares from around.

"Uhm." Was Chanyeol's response as his gaze flicked from the movie, to Baekhyun, and back to the movie.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, before clutching onto Chanyeol's arm with a death grip, forcefully pulling him out. He waved a brief goodbye to Sehun and Luhan, who at least seemed to be enjoying themselves. They were naturally curled together, with Luhan occasionally hiding in the other's chest. It's safe to say that both were having a good time.

-   -   -   -   -

"Sorry about the movie," Kyungsoo muttered dejectedly as he walked around the mall with Jongin, head hung downwards. Their hands were still linked, mostly because Kyungsoo had forgotten, and because Jongin didn't want to let go.

Jongin shook his head, smiling softly at the other. "There's no need to be sorry, really. I had a feeling it wouldn't be good anyway," he chuckled playfully, elbowing the other softly, "Especially with how scared you were."

Kyungsoo pinked, eyes widening  as he scrunched up his nose at Jongin.

"Whatever." he murmured under his breath before his stomach growled softly. "Let's go get something to eat."

Most of the restaurants in the mall were full, already packed to the brim since it was nearing dinner time. he two had to settle for a fast food shop, but neither of them really minded at all. They ate, talking about nothing in particular, simply enjoying each other's company.

"Next time, you cook." Jongin chuckled as he shoved a fry in his mouth, wiping his slightly greasy fingers on a napkin, "It's way better than this stuff."

Kyungsoo laughed and nodded, but he raised an eyebrow. "I'd have to make a lot then. Enough for you, me, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Sehun, and Luhan."

"What?" Jongin blurted, eyes showing honest confusion. Kyungsoo just laughed, shaking his head as he discreetly pointed behind him over his shoulder.

"Don't tell me you haven't noticed."Jongin's eyes briefly widened seeing Chanyeol looking awkward with a hood over his head, back hunched over to hide his face. He smirked after his initial shock, brining his gaze back to Kyungsoo.

"How about we show them what happens when you spy on us."