Missed...Again?

His Glue

Kyungsoo walked into the cafeteria like any other day with Joonmyeon and Baekhyun, laughing so hard there were tears in his eyes. "Baekhyun, stop joking!" Joonmyeon suddenly scolded, sitting down while clutching at his stomach, "You're going to kill Kyungsoo...and more importantly, me!" he exclaimed, wiping tears from his eyes. Just catching his breath, Kyungsoo opened up his bag, still quite breathless. 

"You made lunch for us?" Baekhyun said, smiling widely. He loved the food Kyungsoo cooked for them, and his lips seeing the wide-eyed boy pull out a large lunch box. 

"Of course!" he exclaimed, a happy smile on his face as he pulled the whole box set out. Peering over Kyungsoo's shoulder, Joonmyeon tried to sneak glances into Kyungsoo's bag, spotting another Pororo lunchbox.

"What's that?~" he hummed, his lips, "Is that for us too?" Kyungsoo immediately flushed a light shade of pink and rapidly zipped up his bag, shaking his head.

"I-it's nothing!" he tried to lie, obviously failing in front of his friends. It was Thursday again. Exactly one week from his last failed attempt at giving Kai a lunch, and he was determined to try again. In fact, the day he had failed, he even gave himself a serious pep talk, wondering why he had chicked out at the last moment. 

"Don't lie to us~" Baekhyun interjected, pleading with a puppy dog face, thought that no longer worked on Kyungsoo. Not since he was tricked into getting a scolding from the teacher for coming to class late, Baekhyun keeping him from being on time by begging him to buy him a pop from the vending machine. The vending machine that never worked, and ate up all money. Not again. Slightly rolling his eyes, Kyungsoo shook his head.

"I'm not telling you anything~" he retorted, sticking out his tongue. Sneaking a quick glance at the clock, Kyungsoo noticed the time. Exactly 12:05. Lowering his gaze, he could see Kai get up as usual, and leave again. 

"See you later guys!" Kyungsoo said, picking up his bag before waving, scurrying out of the cafeteria.

"What's with him?" Joonmyeon curiously asked, already digging into the lunch made by Kyungsoo. Shrugging, Baekhyun turned his attention to stuffing his mouth, talking with a mouth full of food.

"Whho knhows? Juhst eaht." he simply replied, his chopsticks taking a large portion of kimchi spaghetti.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

And so, Kyungsoo was at that dilemma again.

Standing right outside the dance room. The music playing loud, his hand hovering over the door knob again. He knew he had to hurry, just in case someone came by, but he found it difficult to move. What had happened to all that confidence from before? Where did it go? As these questions raced through his head, he almost missed the fact that the volume of the music had been fading away. Looking to the clock, he realized it was almost the end of lunch. He had been standing there for pretty much half an hour. Chewing nervously on his lip, his already large eyes widened even more hearing foot steps come closer. Panicking, he dropped the lunchbox right outside the door by accident as he tried to get away. Barely managing to slip around the corner, Kyungsoo sighed before realizing the Pororo lunch container was no longer in his hands, but rather on the floor in the hallway. Suddenly, the door to the dance room opened, and there was a light clanking sound of a foot hitting a metal container. Eyes widening, Kyungsoo listened closely. 

"What's this?" Kai mumbled to himself, crouching down to inspect the lunchbox. Chuckling a little bit, he picked it up. "I wonder who left this here... A Pororo lunch box?" he asked to himself, laughing again. Without bothering to open it, Kai simply put it to the side, simply thinking someone had forgotten it there, and propped it up against the wall, quickly strolling to his next class. Waiting for Kai to disappear leisurely around the corner, Kyungsoo came from behind the wall, an eager expression on his face before realizing the lunchbox was still there, his expression dropping into disappointment. Slowly picking it up, he sighed before trudging down the hallway again. 

"Aish...babo..." he scolded himself, "You should've written a note or something..." he mumbled over and over again, also heading to his next class. Little did he know, there was a face peering around the corner, witnessing the entire thing.

"Interesting..." he voice smirked slightly, leaning on the wall as he watched Kyungsoo walk away, shoulders slumped.

"Very interesting..."