Found Out

His Glue

“A-are you sure about this?” Kyungsoo stammered in a bit of nervousness as he stood next to Jongin.

The pair had just left the fast food restaurant they were in, and with discreet looks over their shoulders, it was easy to tell that Baekhyun and Chanyeol were following them.

For one, Chanyeol was like a giant tower, and two, Baekhyun looked unnaturally short next to the colossal Chanyeol.

“I’m perfectly sure, Kyungsoo, don’t worry about it,” Jongin replied with confidence, a bit too immersed in his plan for ‘revenge’ to notice the pink panning across the other’s cheeks.

Kyungsoo wasn’t completely sure what kind of revenge this was, though it did seem devious, trying to trick their friends into thinking this was a date rather than an outing for friends, a fact that made Kyungsoo sadden just a bit, though he shook it off.

Kyungsoo totally trusts Jongin, there’s no doubt about it.

He naturally hesitated before taking the other’s hand, because they hadn’t really done this so consciously before, and just thinking about it makes Kyungsoo want to blush.

“I’m n-not worrying!” Kyungsoo replied indignantly, though his stammer did give his lie away, “This better work…”

“It will, Kyungsoo, trust me,” Jongin replied easily, giving a glance over his shoulder to discreetly check on Chanyeol, smirking softly seeing the surprise written across his friend’s features.

Jongin easily slung an arm across Kyungsoo’s shoulder, humming softly.

“We’ll show them,” Jongin chuckled as he walked with Kyungsoo, who was still blushing, though much more faintly, “Where do you want to go?”

Kyungsoo found himself finally relaxing into Jongin’s touch, finding it to be extremely natural, and extremely comfortable. He soon forgot about their plan of trying to get some revenge on Baekhyun and Chanyeol as he saw one of his favorite stores, a plush store.

“That one…” he murmured softly, pointing vaguely in the direction of a brightly lit shop decorated with stuffed animals and all things cute.

Jongin could tell where Kyungsoo was pointing, and he bit back a chuckle, feigning ignorance.

“Sorry, where? I’m afraid I don’t follow…” Jongin lied, and Kyungsoo could see through it clear as day, giving the other a small shove that resulted in Jongin stumbling slightly, which made Kyungsoo stumble as well since the former’s arm was still slung around his neck.

“Just go.” Kyungsoo huffed, arms crossed around his chest after nudging Jongin forward again.

“But people will think I’m the one that’s interested!” Jongin whined, though he easily gave into Kyungsoo’s request, pulling onto the other’s hand to bring them both inside.

-            -   -   -   -

“Do you think they saw us?” Baekhyun asked as he squinted his eyes past the shoulders of strangers from his seat with Chanyeol at the fast food place.

“Nope.” Chanyeol replied too confidently, meaning he really hadn’t been paying any attention to anything other than the ice cream cone he held in his hands.

Baekhyun looked over at Chanyeol and rolled his eyes, nearly letting Kyungsoo and Jongin slip out the doors.

“Come on, you idiot. We need to go.”

“But my ice cre-hey!” Chanyeol exclaimed just after Baekhyun tossed his cone into the trash, now dragging him after the ‘couple’.

“I’ll buy you another later,” Baekhyun grumbled as Chanyeol kept whining the whole way they were following Kyungsoo and Jongin, who were definitely being extremely close.

“Is that a promise?” Chanyeol smirked with a raised eyebrow, his expression smug, “That you’ll come out with me again to buy me ice cream?”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes again, ignoring the other as his eyes widened seeing Kyungsoo and Jongin so close.

“I knew it.” Chanyeol murmured, gaze locked onto Jongin and Kyungsoo, “I knew Jongin had a thing for stuffed animals. Nobody ever believed me, especially Sehun. He called me an idiot too.”

Baekhyun wordlessly took Chanyeol’s hand in his own, tipping his cap a bit lower as they followed into the same store, shaking his head to himself as he rolled his eyes.

“Just come on. And no talking. They might recognize your voice.”

--- --- --- --- ---

“So, stuffed animals? Really, Kyungsoo? Aren’t stuffed animals just for when you’re a kid and you can’t sleep at night or something?” Jongin teased, tongue sticking out from between his teeth as he smiled.

Kyungsoo just ignored the other, though he was smiling as well, as he browsed through the aisles, finding one after another of cute stuffed animals.

“They’re cute, okay? Don’t tell me you’ve never seen something as cute, right?” Kyungsoo replied, stopping at a Pororo plush. He simply couldn’t help it that Pororo was his favorite, ever since he was a kid.

Jongin’s gaze wasn’t on the Pororo, but rather, it was on Kyungsoo, because he did find something cute. Actually, he did find someone cute.

“Jongin?” Kyungsoo’s voice snapped Jongin out of his daze, and he could now see that Kyungsoo was holding the rather large plush in his hands, eyes wide and sparkling.

“Yes, Kyungsoo?”

“Don’t turn around now, but I think Chanyeol and Baekhyun are behind you.” Kyungsoo said, gaze looking over the other’s shoulder to see two figures hunched and hidden behind racks.

Jongin chuckled, remembering his plan for revenge, and nodded, slinging an arm around Kyungsoo again.

“Is this the one you wanted, Soo?” Jongin said a bit too loudly, obviously trying to make sure that the two spying on them had heard.

Kyungsoo was stunned again by the arm across his shoulders, and how right it felt to him, and he stammered in response.

“Y-yeah, Jongin. This one.”

He was also caught up in the fact that Jongin had just called him ‘Soo’, a nickname he really didn’t mind at all, and the fact that Jongin had pulled him to the cash register, buying the stuffed animal for him.

“You really don’t have to, Jongin,” Kyungsoo spluttered out as Jongin took out a wad of bills from his wallet before slipping it back into his pocket.

“It’s okay, Soo, I want to. Really.” Jongin replied truthfully, not buying or doing anything with Kyungsoo just because he wanted to play a game on their eavesdroppers. In fact Jongin had liked that their ‘revenge’ had allowed him to be closer to Kyungsoo, with arms slinging across shoulders, and hands holding hands.

“Thanks, Jongin,” Kyungsoo replied quietly, just a bit sheepish and entirely grateful as he held the Pororo doll in his arms, “But I think it’s time we ended out trick.”

They both chuckled in agreement as they left the store, standing just outside the doors facing in as Jongin called out,

“Chanyeol!”

 “Yeah?” They heard in response just before a yelp of pain, “Ow, Baekhyun! Why’d you hit me again? What did I do wrong no- oh.” Chanyeol cut himself off, head popping out from an aisle due to his tall height after seeing Jongin’s and Kyungsoo’s gazes on him.

“Yeah,” Baekhyun muttered, revealing himself, “’oh’ is right.”