Of Meet Ups and Kisses

His Glue

As Chanyeol and Baekhyun walked out from their hiding spots and over into plain sight in front of Kyungsoo and Jongin, Baekhyun took the opportunity to smack his tall friend once more at the back of his head, rolling his eyes.

“You’re so stupid, Chanyeol. Why would you respond?”

“It’s just a habit! I’m sorry! Ow, stop hitting me, Baekhyun!” Chanyeol retorted before profusely apologizing, “Besides, they had to know we were following, or else he wouldn’t have called out my name.”

“He’s right,” Kyungsoo chuckles as the pair finally near, still in the middle of quarreling, “We knew you were after us, and we took the opportunity to trick you.”

Jongin chuckled at the puzzled expressions on their friend’s faces, and he decided to spill.

“Chanyeol, I heard you on the intercom at the movie theater. Well, I wasn’t sure if it was you at first, but when Kyungsoo and I left the theater, I definitely saw you two. Sehun and Luhan too.”

At this, Kyungsoo’s eyes widened, because for one, he hadn’t realized that Chanyeol and Baekhyun had been tailing them from before the theater, and two, he hadn’t known that both Sehun and Luhan were here as well in addition to their eavesdropper friends, and three, Kyungsoo definitely hadn’t known the voice over the intercom was Chanyeol.

Maybe it was because he had been too absorbed in his excitement to see that movie he wanted and-oh. The movie he wanted to see.

“Chanyeol!” Kyungsoo interrupted Jongin, eyebrows furrowed with irritation. “So the tickets to the movie weren’t really sold out? You made us watch that terrible horror movie instead?”

Kyungsoo’s grip on his Pororo plush tightened as he spoke, angry that he had gone through such a horrifying experience rather than the pleasurable one he had imagined.

“R-really sorry, Kyungsoo,” Chanyeol exclaimed in a bit of fright, “I j-just wanted you and J-jongin to be closer…”

“Anyways, really, you two?” Jongin says, putting the conversation back on track, saving Chanyeol from an angry Kyungsoo in the process, “Sitting right behind us? Are you serious? I could hear Chanyeol talking the entire time. I’m surprised you two didn’t get kicked out, I mean, honestly.”

Baekhyun had enough humility to at least look just a bit embarrassed and just a bit apologetic as Chanyeol hid behind him, waiting for Kyungsoo’s anger to dissipate, or at least for him to get distracted instead.

“So where are Luhan and Sehun now?” Kyungsoo says, remembering his other two friends and forgetting the fact that he was still irritated with Chanyeol, who visibly relaxed after Kyungsoo had spoken.

Baekhyun took a look at the time, whipping out his phone before humming in contemplation, “Probably still in the theater. The movie ends in ten minutes, and I don’t remember them following us out.”

“Let’s meet them then?” Chanyeol says, taking the opportunity to hook onto Baekhyun’s elbow, tugging him along more or less against his will.

Kyungsoo and Jongin chuckle together, and they send knowing glances to one another before they nod and follow along.

*

“That was a good movie,” Luhan says as he walks out of the theater with Sehun, holding him by the crook of his arm.

He’s actually still shaking a bit from all the jump scares that were in the movie, but the adrenaline is still pumping through his blood, so he’s a bit jittery as well, in addition to all the candy he ate.

“Was it?” Sehun chuckles, feeling Luhan’s body tremble as he remembers how many times the other had practically shrieked and jumped with fright at times, of course, he doesn’t mind at all since Luhan was practically in his arms and on his lap.

“Hey!” An awfully familiar voice shouts from a distance, and both Luhan and Sehun turn to see Chanyeol dragging Baekhyun towards them as Jongin and Kyungsoo follow along, obviously laughing hard.

It’s funny because Baekhyun is the one stumbling, and he can’t even sharply retort at Chanyeol because he’s too busy trying to stay upright rather that speak at the moment.

“I’m glad at least you two weren’t stalking us like Chanyeol and Baekhyun were,” Kyungsoo chuckles when he and Jongin finally make their way closer.

Baekhyun’s busy scolding Chanyeol for dragging him like a doll over to take part in the conversation, and Sehun rolls his eyes, one arm casually sitting on Luhan’s waist.

“Technically, we were dragged here by them.”

“No,” Chanyeol pipes in with a smug smile despite the hits he’s receiving from Baekhyun on his arms, “You, Sehun, came here willingly because –ow! Stop that, Baekhyun! Sehun came here willingly because he knew Luhan was getting dragged here.” Chanyeol says, completely facing Luhan, ignoring the glares he’s receiving at Sehun.

At this news, Luhan pinks, turning his head to look at Sehun, who’s now turned away, probably to hide the sheepish blush on his face.

“Okay, guys. We’re all done here now anyways,” Jongin chuckles, “Let’s head home since it’s getting late. And for the record, Kyungsoo and I aren’t dating, okay?”

Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Luhan, and Sehun all nod and wave goodbye as they leave the mall, with Chanyeol dropping Baekhyun off at home while Sehun and Luhan detour  to go get the dinner they missed while watching the movie.

Jongin turns to Kyungsoo, wanting to drop him off too, but he sees the sad expression on his face.

It takes the entire silent walk to Kyungsoo’s house for Jongin to figure it out, and he chuckles as he walks the boy up to the doorstep of his house.

“Yet, Kyungsoo. Yet.” Jongin says with a soft laugh.

Kyungsoo simply gives him a look of confusion after he’s unlocked his front door, his head tilted to one side.

Jongin doesn’t hesitate to lean forward and lightly press their lips together, causing Kyungsoo’s eyes to widen as his heart rate quickens exponentially, a pink spreading completely across his cheeks.

Jongin chuckles and nudges Kyungsoo inside.

“We’re not dating yet.” He emphasizes, and Kyungsoo understands, though he’s too shocked to mentally comprehend much.

“Goodnight, Soo,” Jongin chuckles again, closing the door for the wide-eyed boy who seems frozen in place, a shaky hand coming up to his lips before a grin spreads across his features.

“Yet, yet, yet.” Kyungsoo murmurs to himself as he slowly makes his way up the stairs, nothing but the kiss replaying in his mind.

It was his first, too, and it was better than he ever could have imagined it.