8

The 인피니트 Series - 눈물만

Sungjong’s P.O.V.

The next day came and it was time for school again. I woke up very early to prepare for the inauguration ceremony. As I stepped out of my door, I saw Woohyun hyung. He opened his mouth to say something but the noise of a car horn interrupted the still air between us. It was Myungsoo hyung, leaning against his car and waving to me. I’m guessing that he’s here to pick me up, perfect timing I thought. I rushed down the stairs, not meeting Woohyun hyung in the eyes, and walked to meet Myungsoo hyung. He held open the door for me like a true gentlemen and closed it after I got in. The chauffer soon started the car when Myungsoo hyung got in. “Hyung you didn’t have to come and pick me up. I can take the bus to school.”

 

“But this world is full of bad people. Who knows what they might do to you?” he retorted back. I then remained silent, not wanting to argue back as it’ll only bring back hurtful memories of last night.

 

“So how was last night? Did you dream of me?” he teased.

 

“Aniyo! Hyung I’m thankful for the dinner and last night was very peaceful.” I replied.

 

“Jinjja?” he asked whilst looking at me.

 

“Neh…” I muttered softly as I stared to a distance away through the window.

 

Flashback

“Yah! I know you’re inside! Hurry up and open this damn door!” a familiar voice shouted whilst banging the door.

 

“Hyung what do you want? Do you know what time it is now?” I answered annoyingly.

 

“We need to talk,” he said coldly.

 

“Hyung no one goes around at this time banging on other people’s door. And there’s nothing for us to talk about.” I pointed out.

 

“Then tell me why were you with Kim Myungsoo?” he yelled.

 

“That’s because…” and my voice slowly trailed off. I diverted my gaze so that my eyes were not meeting his. All of a sudden, he grabbed my shoulders and kissed my lips. I used all of my strength to push him away and he fell down hard onto the floor. He opened his mouth to apologize but I was a step ahead.

 

“Yah! How dare you kiss me? Who knows where those dirty lips of yours have been?” I shouted.

 

“Sungjong, I-” he pleaded to explain but before he could, I slammed the door in front of his face.

 

“Sungjong please. Open the door.” He implored whilst knocking on the door repeatedly.

 

“Go away.” I mumbled angrily whilst sobbing. This jerk, how could he steal my first kiss? It wasn’t meant for him. It was meant for my first love, Kim Myungsoo.

 

“Yah! Do you know what time it is now?” a neighbour yelled. And then he left with heavy footsteps; silence dominated the night, accompanied by my sobbing.

 

End of flashback

“Yah Lee Sungjong! Look at me. What’s with those puffy eyes?” Myungsoo hyung said as he turned my head around.

 

“Nothing hyung it’s just a letter from my parents.” I lied whilst warm tears streamed down my cheeks.

 

“Aigoo… you still have me here you know. Crying the whole night is bad for your health.” He said and wiped my tears away with his hands.

 

“Gomawo hyung.”

 

“Yah Lee Sungjong! Today’s a happy day. A pretty boy like you shouldn’t be crying.”

 

“N-Neh.” I stuttered whilst wiping away more of my tears.

 

“Here! This should help to lighten the mood.” He chirped and handed me a small red box.

 

“What is this hyung? Are you proposing to me?” I asked.

 

“Haha open it and you’ll find out.”

 

“Omo! Hyung when did you get these?” I questioned in surprise. It was a pair of teddy bear ear piercings.

 

“Erm… it’s for today’s special occasion. Hope you wear it. It totally fits you.” He choked out.

 

“Gomawo hyung!” and I gave him a peck on the cheek.

 

He blushed and cleared his throat, “Erm… we’re here.” And he got down from the car to open the door for me.

 

“Gee thanks hyung!” I cried and dragged him up the stairs to the hall.