25

The 인피니트 Series - 눈물만

Sungjong’s P.O.V.

I finally stirred awake and shifted my weight to get out of the bed. Wait… when was I sleeping on a bed? I looked to the armchair beside me and saw Dongwoo hyung sleeping in it. I tried to get out of bed but tumbled back down, waking up Dongwoo hyung in the process.

 

“Oh you’re awake! Here drink up!” he said and handed me a cup of water. I opened my mouth to thank him but my mouth was so dry that no words came out. I bowed instead and slowly drank up.

 

He then went on to explain, “Ever since that high fever last night, I’ve been placing wet towels on your forehead and separating Woohyun and Myungsoo from their drunken fist fighting.” No wonder, this explains why they’re covered in minor injuries like cuts and bruises, etc.

 

“Gomawo hyung. I couldn’t have made it through the night without you.” I told him.

 

“It’s alright. Pack up now. We’re heading back home. We’ve got school tomorrow. And wake those two up.” He said before leaving the room. Sigh, these hyungs, even if the sky were to fall, they still wouldn’t wake up. So I decided to set my alarm five minutes later on full blast before heading to the bathroom to wash up. About five minutes later, a loud ringing sound was heard, accompanied by two loud bumps on the floor, and then later groans and moans filled the air. I came out from the bathroom, unable to control my laughter but they just glared at me.

 

“Haha hyungs, it’s time to wash up and go back now.” I told them whilst packing my luggage.

 

“Aish… what a nice way to wake us up Sungjong-ah.” Myungsoo hyung whined.

 

“Sungjong-ah, you’ve bruised me even more.” Woohyun hyung complained.

 

“Haha mianhae hyungs. Come on let’s go!” I hurried them and smacked their butts. They yelped and blushed at my sudden action. I giggled at their actions and went back to packing my luggage.

 

“Yah! Fifteen more minutes before the cab comes!” Dongwoo hyung called out from the other side of the door.

 

“Neh!” I replied back and hurried my two hyungs. Within two hours, we were on the plane, heading back to Seoul. Sigh, even on the return trip, I’m stuck with both of my noisy hyungs.

 

“Sungjong-ah do you need this? Sungjong-ah do you need that?” they would always ask. I could even feel a headache coming on once more but it was not due to their rattling but rather a very bad feeling.

 

Upon touchdown, we cleared the customs and were about to leave the airport when a group of plain-clothes policemen stopped us. One of them came forward and placed handcuffs around Woohyun hyung’s wrists, “Nam Woohyun-ssi. You’re under arrest for embezzlement of funds worth ₩100,000,000 from the school’s coffers. Any statement that you wish to make can be made clear at the police station. If you have a lawyer, you can tell him to come to the police station. Otherwise, you can be released on bail after giving us your statement. So please follow us back.”

 

End of Sungjong’s P.O.V.

Woohyun’s P.O.V.

“Bwoh!” they shouted in unison, unable to absorb the words from the policeman.

 

I knew this day would come sooner or later. “Kaja.” I told the policemen.

 

“Wait hyung. Please tell me that its not you.” Sungjong pleaded with wide opened eyes staring into mine.

 

“Mianhae Sungjong-ah.” I replied and leaned forward to give him a kiss on his forehead before being led away. I’m very sorry Sungjong-ah but you’ve got to continue living on without me.

 

“No hyung…” I could hear Sungjong crying behind me before his voice slowly faded and he fainted. Everyone surrounded him and tried to wake him up whilst I continued to walk towards the police car, not even turning back to take a look because it would only make things worse. Myungsoo-ah, I entrust you to look after him, if not I’ll come after you once I’m free. Tears slowly rolled down my cheeks as I made each slow step forward.

 

End of Woohyun’s P.O.V.

Myungsoo’s P.O.V.

 I was taken aback from what the policemen had said, just as the others were too. I looked at Sungjong who had taken things the hardest, he was just staring at the slowly fading figure of Woohyun hyung, with tears streaming down his cheeks onto the ground. Then suddenly, his body started to spin and he collapsed lifelessly. Fortunately, I caught him in time before he fell hard onto the ground.

 

“Sungjong-ah! You need to wake up please!” I yelled whilst supporting his head with one hand and shaking him with the other as he lay unconsciously on the floor. I looked up only to see Woohyun hyung following the policemen back into the police car. He did not even took a look back, maybe it’s up to me to set things right now.

 

“Sungjong-ah!” I cried as I picked him up from the floor and ran out of the airport to the nearest hospital.

 

“Someone please save him!” I shouted with all my might to the busy doctors and nurses.