13

The 인피니트 Series - 눈물만

Sungjong’s P.O.V.

“Hyung are you alright?” I asked as I saw Woohyun hyung hobbling through the door, covered in minor injuries like cuts and bruises, etc.

 

“I’m alright Sungjong-ah. Everything’s been taken care of.” He assured me.

 

“Omo! Hyung you’re bleeding!” I cried and hurriedly dragged the first aid kit out.

 

“Sungjong, I already said I’m alright.” He responded as I applied the medicine on his wounds.

 

“Hyung saving my life twice is enough.” I said worriedly.

 

“That’s because I protect my loved ones.” He muttered.

 

“G-Gomawo h-hyung.” I blushed and stuttered.

 

“You can stay over for the night.”

 

“T-Thanks h-hyung.” I answered.

 

“Okay I’ll be going to the bank for a while so meanwhile you can prepare for dinner.”

 

“Neh!”

 

Monday soon came and my alarm clock rang loudly. “Sungjong-ah! Turn off that bloody thing!” Woohyun hyung shouted.

 

“Argh…” I yawned and slammed my fist on the noisy machine.

 

“Sungjong-ah, why are you waking up so early?” my roommate yawned.

 

“I have deliveries to do hyung.” I explained whilst brushing my teeth.

 

“Ah… I’ll lend you my motorbike. It’s much faster that way.”

 

“Hyung I don’t even know how to drive that thing.”

 

“Oh yes! I’ll drive you then.” He offered.

 

“Hyung it’s alright. You can get back to sleep.”

 

“Didn’t I say that I’d protect you?” he retorted. I finally gave up and got onto the motorbike with him and soon, we were off to the first house. Deliveries were done pretty fast since we had a motorbike. An hour and a half later, we reached school.

 

“Ah… finally we’ve reached.” Woohyun hyung exclaimed.

 

“Omo! Is that Sungjong and Woohyun? Why is Woohyun covered in bruises and cuts?” one of the students whispered to her friends. We received lots of weird stares and mutters from the student cohort as we walked through the hallways to the council room for a meeting.

 

“Bwoh! Oppa did you fight with someone?” Naeun yelled.

 

“Aish! Didn’t I say stop yelling?” came an angry voice from the back.

 

“Okay that’s enough. Let’s begin.” Chorong noona replied.

 

“Firstly, we need to divert some attention away from Woohyun oppa and Sungjong oppa.” Yookyung said.

 

“Waeyo?” I asked.

 

“Because the whole school knows about both of you and you’re now labelled as the ‘rooftop couple’.” Chorong noona explained.

 

“Daebak!” Woohyun hyung exclaimed.

 

“Yah! You’re not helping to solve the problem.” Dongwoo hyung retorted back.

 

“What would be the perfect diversion for this problem?” Naeun said and thought for a while before her eyes lit up like a bulb. She then whispered into Dongwoo hyung’s ear.

 

End of Sungjong’s P.O.V.

Naeun’s P.O.V.

“Oppa since you like Chorong unnie, why don’t you date her?” I whispered.

 

“B-Bwoh!” he shouted and stuttered at the same time.

 

“Yah! Why are both of you being so secretive?” Eunji noona questioned.

 

“Spit it out.” Bomi noona said.

 

“Well… I was planning to feature Dongwoo oppa and Chorong unnie as the perfect couple in school.” I explained as I pointed to both of them.

 

“Hmm… sounds like a great idea!” Myungsoo oppa agreed.

 

“Bwoh!” Dongwoo oppa and Chorong noona both yelled in unison.

 

“Haha look at them! Such a cute couple! They’re even speaking at the same time!” Woohyun oppa pointed out to the rest of the council.