19

The 인피니트 Series - 눈물만

Myungsoo’s P.O.V.

“Cheers!” we yelled as we lifted up our drinks, glasses of soft drinks clinging against one another. I gulped down my drink and asked for a refill from the waiter.

 

Yookyung then broke into a laughter, “Haha did you guys see the expression on the emcee’s face when Naeun yelled?”

 

Eunji added in, “Haha it was totally hilarious!” and we laughed together with them.

 

Flashback

The emcee exclaimed, “Now I have in my hands the results for the music competition. Who do you think will emerge victorious?” The crowd went wild and cheered out the names of the performers.

 

“And the winner is… drum roll please.” And the crowd started to make the noise of a drum roll. Dom dom dom…

 

“We’ll have the top two groups to step forward. They are group 1, comprising Kim Myungsoo and Lee Sungjong, and group 9, consisting of Yong Seungho and Kang Dohi.” And the crowd went wild and cheered out the names of the performers.

 

The emcee then proceeded to stand in between them and questioned the audience, “Who do you think will be the winners for this year’s music competition, the ones on my left?” and he pointed at us.

 

“Or the ones on my right?” and he pointed to the other group. The audience then pointed at their favourite groups and it seemed that we had a high chance of winning.

 

All of a sudden, Naeun shouted, “The one in the middle!” referring to the emcee whom was standing in between them. The audience broke into laughter and those on stage joined in. The emcee’s face flushed red and he quickly turned away.

 

The emcee cleared his throat and said, “Okay enough with the nonsense. Let’s reveal the results. And the winner is group 1!”

 

“Yes!” I cried and jumped to hug Sungjong. The crowd went wild and cheered out our names.

 

“H-Hyung y-you’re c-crushing m-me! I-I c-can’t b-breathe!” he choked.

 

“Oh mianhae Sungjong. But we won!” I yelled and went forward to receive the prize from the emcee.

 

End of flashback

End of Myungsoo’s P.O.V.

Sungjong’s P.O.V.

I was pretty tired after the performance and didn’t want to go to the restaurant to celebrate but Myungsoo hyung dragged me along. But this celebration is incomplete since someone was missing, someone whom I cherish very dearly. I was getting very worried about him when he didn’t pick up my phone calls after the performance. Actually I wanted to head back and checkup on him but Myungsoo hyung just had to drag me along. Dongwoo hyung saw my worried face and whispered, “He took sick leave today. Maybe you can checkup on him later.”

 

“Thanks for letting me know hyung.” I whispered back. I was starting to get more worried. How could he fall sick during such an important performance?

 

I rose from my seat and told them, “Mianhae. I’ve got to go back home now see you guys tomorrow in school.” And I rushed out of the restaurant and ran to his house. I could hear Myungsoo hyung calling out my name from behind but I had already run out of the door. I ran up the slope and up the stairs of his block before finally reaching his door.

 

I knocked on his door repeatedly until I heard a voice from inside shouting, “Coming!” and the door swung open only to reveal Woohyun hyung, with sleepy looking eyes and messy hair.

 

“Ah it’s you, Sungjong-ah.” He uttered.

 

“Hyung are you alright?” I asked worriedly and lifted my hand against his forehead.

 

“I’m fine Sungjong-ah. There’s no fever or what not.” He assured and took my hand to his lips and kissed it.

 

“Yah! Hyung if you’re fine then why didn’t you turn up to support me?” I huffed and turned away.

 

“That’s because hyung doesn’t want to see some people.” He explained slowly and back hugged me like a koala.

 

“Hyung let go of me this instant!” I cried.

 

“No way am I letting you go this time Lee Sungjong.” He said and hugged me more tightly.

 

“Hyung doesn’t even care for me? So why should I stay?” I replied sadly.

 

“But you care for me isn’t it? Which explains why you came running here.” He pointed out.