4

The 인피니트 Series - 눈물만

Sungjong’s P.O.V.

“Bwoh!” I yelled in surprise.

 

“Aish! Didn’t I say stop yelling?” He said angrily.

 

All of a sudden, the door swung open and a lady spoke out, “Myungsoo-ah, you’re going to scare away our secretary if you continue like this.”

 

“Oh mianhae Sungjong-ah.” He apologized.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo! My name is Chorong and I’m your noona! And these two are Eunji and Bomi. You should recognize them since they’re in the same class as you. And the other two are Naeun and Yookyung.” Chorong noona introduced the other girls and her self.

 

“Omo! Eunji and Bomi are also in the council!” I squeaked out loud.

 

“Haha neh. We’re also new to this.” Both of them laughed.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo Sungjong oppa!” Naeun and Yookyung greeted.

 

“O-Oppa?” I stuttered.

 

“Ah… I knew you would be shocked but both of them are geniuses so they skipped a year ahead in school.” Chorong noona explained.

 

“Ah…” I nodded understandingly.

 

Just then, the door burst open only to reveal a panting Woohyun hyung. It seems like he ran all the way here. Suddenly, he pulled me into a tight hug. “I’m so glad you’re alright. You know how worried I was when I heard you were injured.”

 

“H-Hyung y-you a-are c-crushing m-me! I-I c-can’t b-breathe!” I choked out. But somehow I wish time would stop so that I could embrace him forever. I could feel the warmth radiating off his body and his heartbeat slowing down.

 

“Yah! Too much skin ship!” Dongwoo hyung shouted at us. Then he saw his crush and immediately blushed.

 

Woohyun hyung gently laid me back down and the council meeting began. We went through the positions first. Myungsoo hyung is the president and Dongwoo hyung is the vice-president. Woohyun hyung is the treasurer and Chorong noona handles the logistics. Since the school’s cohort is growing, there are four new positions, Naeun manages the relations, Eunji and Bomi are in charge of sports and performing arts activities respectively and lastly, Yookyung looks after the clubs and societies.

 

Next on the agenda was feedback for this year’s orientation programme. After that, there was some planning on the council’s inauguration ceremony, which is to be held next week. Every year it would be held to usher in the new student council and student councils from other schools’ would also be attending this grand event. It had to be perfect since it was our ceremony and Woohyun hyung has been warned about preying on girls on that day itself. And also for some weird reason, Myungsoo hyung said he fell sick and didn’t turn up for last year’s inauguration. So he’s expected to show his face this year.

 

“Whoa… finally we’re done!” Woohyun hyung exclaimed.

 

“Dinner anyone?” Chorong noona questioned.

 

“Neh!” we all agreed and headed for the nearest restaurant.

 

“Cheers!” we yelled as we lifted up our drinks, glasses of soft drinks clinging against one another.

 

We had a hearty dinner and soon, we went on our own separate ways back home. Dongwoo hyung, Eunji and Bomi walked off first. Chorong noona, Naeun and Yookyung took the subway. Woohyun hyung and me boarded the bus and Myungsoo hyung waited for his chauffeur to pick him up from the restaurant. What a rich kid! And also a spoilt brat!

 

End of Sungjong’s P.O.V.

Dongwoo’s P.O.V.

The three of us were walking back together in silence when I decided to pop a question, “Eunji-ah. Bomi-ah. Since both of you are in Sungjong’s class, can you help me to keep an eye on him? And make sure that Woohyun does not try anything funny?”

 

“Haha sure oppa!” Eunji replied.

 

Bomi then added on, “But oppa shouldn’t you be worrying about yourself more?”

 

I gave her a confused expression and asked why.

 

She then went on to explain, “Oppa! It’s so obvious the whole dinnertime that you were staring at Chorong unnie.”

 

“B-Bwoh!” I choked out.

 

“Oppa! You’ll never know if you try!” Bomi encouraged me.

 

“B-But…”

 

“No buts oppa. Chorong unnie may also feel the same thing for you. We’ll always support you oppa! Hwaiting!” Eunji cheered me on.