2

The 인피니트 Series - 눈물만

Dongwoo’s P.O.V.

“Omo! It’s the playboy!” I yelled and waved at him from afar.

 

He limped towards us, “Hyung! You can’t say that if you want your secret to be safe. Besides who’s this pretty person you were hugging just now?” he said whilst pointing at Sungjong.

 

“Yah! Don’t be so rude and point fingers! He’s going to fill up the secretary position from today onwards.”

 

“Jinjja?” he asked in surprise and looked at Sungjong.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo Sungjong-imnida.” and he did a 90° bow in front of us.

 

“Ah… what a pretty boy!” he exclaimed and ruffled Sungjong’s hair.

 

“Yah! Stick to your girls okay.” I told him whilst smacking his hand away.

 

“Hyung don’t need to be so mad. Haha see you guys around!” and he winked at Sungjong before disappearing around the corner.

 

“Yah!” I shouted behind him and turned to face Sungjong whom had a confused look.

 

“Sungjong-ah, of all the council members you have to stay away from him the most. He plays around with girls and whomever he winks at, will be his next target. I’m not sure if he goes for guys but he always wants things his way.” I explained.

 

“Who is he hyung?” Sungjong questioned.

 

“Well his name is Nam Woohyun.” I revealed.

 

“And what secret is he talking about?”

 

“Ah… erm… well there’s this girl in the student council but her standards are very high. I’m afraid that she’ll reject me so…” I hesitated for some time before describing to him.

 

“Bwoh! Hyung do you even have the balls to talk to her?”

 

“Yah!” I yelled and smacked the back of his head.

 

“So you and Woohyun hyung made a promise on that he’ll not tell her because of the scandal you could cause in exchange for his scandals?”

 

“Well… that’s not kind of true actually. There are much worse things he did like one-night stands.” I blurted out.

 

“Hyung!” he cried.

 

“Yah! I get it okay. I shouldn’t be keeping secrets for him but just don’t mess with him okay? I have one more year of school left but you have so much more future than me. Promise me that you’ll stay away from him? It’s for your own sake.”

 

He sighed and nodded before plodding off to the hall for orientation. I also made my way to the hall to grace the event since the president always remains in the dark. The whole school technically treats me as their president when I’m actually the vice-president. The president of the student council has this dark aura around him. Ever since he joined last year, I still don’t know much about him. All I know is that he’s pretty stubborn and has a temper.

 

Soon, it was time for me to go up the stage and deliver my speech. It went smoothly but as I looked to my left, I saw Woohyun staring at Sungjong with lust in his eyes. I rolled my eyes and looked to my right and saw my crush smiling at me. Oh gosh, luckily I didn’t faint on stage but my legs almost became jelly. The rest of the event went smoothly and the first year students are sent off for their lessons whilst I returned to my classroom for lessons too.

 

End of Dongwoo’s P.O.V.

Sungjong’s P.O.V.

Time flew by pretty quickly and soon, it was lunch break. I had made a few friends in class and was sitting at the cafeteria with them. They are Jung Eunji and Yoon Bomi. The three of us chatted for the whole hour, talking about anything under the sun. Suddenly, the school bell rang, indicating that it was time for the second-half of the day’s lessons. I went to the bathroom to wash up but as I was leaving, I was surrounded by a group of bullies whom emerged from the toilet cubicles.

 

One of them then teased me, “Oh look what we have here? It’s the pretty boy!” and then they started to throw punches onto my face and stomach.

 

“Yah! What do you think you’re doing?” someone shouted and emerged from one of the toilet cubicles.

 

“Omo! He’s one of them! Let’s go!” another bully cried, noticing the student council badge, and they hurriedly left the toilet.

 

“G-Gomawo.” I stuttered to my saviour.

 

“Can you stand up?” he said coldly.

 

I nodded and tried to stand up but my legs betrayed me and gave way. I collapsed and knocked my head against the basin, blood slowly dripping out of my head. Within seconds, my vision went fuzzy and I out. “Yah!” was the last thing I heard.