27

The 인피니트 Series - 눈물만

“Don’t you want to come out from there?” Myungsoo asked Woohyun.

 

“Why? Why did you do that for you pabo? You’re the only one who can give him a perfect life.” Woohyun questioned his ulterior motives.

 

"That’s because hyung, we’re going to fight it fair and square.” Myungsoo replied.

 

“Fine then. I’m not going to let go this time.”

 

“So am I hyung. Kaja he’s waiting for us at the hospital.” And they boarded a cab.

 

They made it to the hospital room and Myungsoo swung open the door and yelled, “Sungjong-ah, we’re here!” but he was greeted back by a long silence.

 

“Dongwoo hyung! Chorong noona! Sungjong-ah!” Myungsoo called out their names but only got back echoes of his voice throughout the white empty room.

 

“Sungjong-ah, where the hell have you gone?” Myungsoo whispered to himself whilst scanning the room, searching for a trace of Sungjong.

 

“Omo! Look there’s a letter on the table.” Woohyun pointed out and read it out aloud.

 

Dearest hyungs,

If you are reading this now, it could mean that I have left Korea for the States already.

 

“Yah Lee Sungjong! The cab is here!” Dongwoo called out from the other side of the door.

 

“Neh!” Sungjong shouted back in response. They were at Sungjong’s rooftop house, packing his last-minute things into his luggage.

 

Thank both of you for treating me well but from now onwards; I wish to walk this path independently.

 

“Yah Lee Sungjong! Why are you not picking up my phone calls?” Woohyun yelled and immediately ran out of the hospital to hail a cab.

 

“Wait! I’m coming with you!” Myungsoo shouted from behind.

 

Do not waste your time searching for me hyungs. It is time for me to live my own life.

 

“Mianhae but could you increase your speed, we’re in a rush.” Myungsoo told the driver as they made their way to Sungjong’s house.

 

“Are you all set to go off?” Chorong asked Sungjong as he loaded his luggage onto the cab. He nodded in response and got into the cab along with them. The driver slowly pressed the pedal and they were on their way to the airport. Just as they were leaving, another cab drove past them and pulled up in front of Sungjong’s apartment.

 

Forget about me hyungs. I know I have been a pain all this time, making both of you sad and sorrowful.

 

“Sungjong-ah, are you crying?” Chorong said whilst looking at him, staring out of the window.

 

“Aniyo…” he answered back whilst wiping away his tears.

 

Both of you deserve better. Woohyun hyung, hopefully you can make the right choice and choose the correct girl.

 

“Yah Lee Sungjong! I know you’re in there! Stop hiding yourself!” Woohyun yelled whilst banging the door.

 

“He’s not living here anymore. He just returned his keys and left in a cab.” The landlady explained whilst appearing from behind.

 

Myungsoo hyung, you need to open your heart and be less cold and more caring to others, and then girls will begin to like you.

 

“Sungjong-ah, here’s your flight ticket. Don’t forget to call us when you’ve come back to Korea.” Dongwoo told him and embraced him in a hug.

 

“Neh hyung.” He responded as he broke away.

 

“Learn from the past. Live in the present. Plan for the futurearrow-10x10.png.” Chorong whispered into his ear as she gave him a hug.

 

It’s time for both of you to carve your own futuresarrow-10x10.png as well.

Saranghaeyo,

Lee Sungjong <3

 

“Can’t this thing go any faster?” Myungsoo shouted from the back at Woohyun whom was busy driving his motorbike.

 

“I’m trying my best okay!” Woohyun yelled back as he veered in and out of lanes, making their way to the airport.

 

Sungjong boarded the plane and sat in his seat. He looked out from his window and saw two familiar figures waving at him. Tears streamed down his cheeks as the plane slowly took off and left the airport.

 

Four years later, “Hyung I’m back in Korea!”