10

The 인피니트 Series - 눈물만

Sungjong’s P.O.V.

I followed Myungsoo hyung back to the room and saw him glaring at him, the person I hated most. I then broke the tension between them, “Hyung let’s go get your hand bandaged.”

 

“Sungjong can we talk?” Woohyun hyung asked.

 

“Go and get changed.” I replied coldly and left with Myungsoo hyung. From the corner of my eye, I saw Woohyun hyung slid down the wall and slumped down onto the floor, with his face buried in his hands.

 

The student council’s inauguration ceremony went smoothly except that many people were shocked when Myungsoo hyung went on stage and that many girls screamed their lungs out when Woohyun hyung went on stage. After the ceremony, Myungsoo hyung brought me to Lotte World to relieve our sadness and worries. Whoa… what a fun time we had! Enjoying the rides and buying gifts for each other!

 

And soon, it was time to leave and we were chatting happily to each other in the car until I fell asleep on his shoulder. “Sungjong-ah, we’ve reached your house already.”

 

End of Sungjong’s P.O.V.

“Huh? Hyung? “Oh mianhae.” Sungjong apologized.

 

“It’s alright. Come let’s go.” Myungsoo said and took his hand and led him up the stairs.

 

“Hyung it’s alright. I’m not a kid anymore. I can go back home myself.”

 

“Ah… our Sungjong has grown up already.”

 

“Y-Yah! W-What d-do y-you m-mean b-by ‘o-our S-Sungjong’?” Sungjong stuttered back.

 

“Haha still acting innocent huh?”

 

“Hyung…” Sungjong whined and pouted.

 

“Alright. Stop acting like a kid and go in.”  Myungsoo commanded.

 

“Haha are you my eomma or appa?” Sungjong replied playfully and closed the door in front of his face.

 

“No I’m your boyfriend.” Myungsoo uttered softly.

 

Two weeks since it had passed. Two weeks had passed since that incident outside the house. Two weeks had passed since Sungjong last saw Woohyun. Two weeks had passed since that kiss. Two weeks had passed since Sungjong began to develop feelings for Myungsoo. Whenever he met Woohyun along the corridor, he would ignore him. He was the last person Sungjong wanted to see.

 

Sungjong’s P.O.V.

Flashback

On the first day after the inauguration ceremony, Woohyun hyung would come and pester me, “Sungjong, can we talk?” And I would just walk past and brush my shoulders against his.

 

On the second day, “Sungjong can we ta-?” Woohyun hyung asked.

 

On the third day, “Sungjong can we-?”

 

On the fourth day, “Sungjong ca-?”

 

From the fifth day onwards, there was no sign of Woohyun hyung. He would either remain silent or apply for sick leave. And rumours were already spreading around the campus that Woohyun hyung and I were at loggerheads with each other. Every now and then, Naeun would complain that she had to be accountable to the students about those rumours. There were also rumours going around that Myungsoo hyung and I were going out together but Naeun retorted back that he and I were practicing for the music competition. What a capable head of relations we have!

 

End of flashback

I was at Myungsoo hyung’s house practicing for the music competition. We had agreed to go to his house everyday since he had a practice room for us to spare so we did not need to jostle with other students. It was just two weeks left to the competition and I was getting more and more nervous day by day. We composed our own song; ‘Only Tears’ and Myungsoo hyung assured that it would be a hit amongst both the audience and the judges. The winner of the competition would receive ₩1,000,000. And that is a lot of money from my perspective but maybe not from Myungsoo hyung’s, he has too much to spend. Today I’m sleeping over at his house, Myungsoo hyung would always make me sleep on his bed whilst he slept on the floor next to the bed.

 

“Hyung there are lots of rooms to spare.” I would always tell him.

 

“It’s okay Sungjong. Just go to sleep okay?”

 

“Hyung do you want to sleep next to me? There’s lots of space up here.” I teased.

 

“Y-Yah!” he stuttered.

 

“Goodnight hyung!” I shouted through the darkness in the room.

 

“Goodnight Sungjong-ah!” he yelled back.