11

The 인피니트 Series - 눈물만

Woohyun’s P.O.V.

Why did I even do that? Why did I even kiss him in the first place? Is it out of jealously or love? Will he ever forgive me and come back to me? What if he never wants to see me again? These were the five questions that ran through my mind every day, every hour and every minute. Two weeks since it had passed. Two weeks had passed since that incident outside the house. Two weeks had passed since I last saw Sungjong. Two weeks had passed since that kiss. Two weeks had passed since I began to develop feelings for Sungjong. It was late at night and I was walking home alone again as usual, for the past two weeks, I’ve started to isolate myself and even stop flirting with girls. I was totally depressed after hearing what Sungjong said to me that day. Sigh… which level of hell did I land myself in?

 

I was walking up the slope when I saw a group of thugs waiting outside the block, which Sungjong was living in. I walked past them but what struck me was their conversation. “Since the parents have gone into hiding, the child has to bear the brunt. And boss said that he lives here.” One of them said whilst holding up a picture of Sungjong. Bwoh! I thought to myself, looks like he’s not spared from hell either. No one lays his or her hands on my beloved Sungjong! But I got to think of a way to save him! Immediately, I dialled for his number but it was engaged, looks like he doesn’t want to talk to me but this concerns his life or death! He cannot return home or else… At this moment, I was getting rather frustrated and shouted out loud. I vented my anger by throwing the phone at my bedroom door and lay down on my bed, trying to get some sleep.

 

End of Woohyun’s P.O.V.

Sungjong’s P.O.V.

I woke up early the next day and picked up my phone, only to see twenty missed calls from Woohyun hyung. Why was he calling me so suddenly? Anyway, there’s no reason for me to call him back so I just dumped my phone back into my bag and followed Myungsoo hyung to school. Lessons were as per normal, teachers lecturing and giving out homework, students complaining about the amount of homework and chatting with friends on the latest trend or rumours circulating around. Everyone in school was looking at me and whispering to their friends beside them as I walked through the hallways. What on earth are they whispering about? Today, Myungsoo hyung is busy meeting the teachers so I went home myself, not wanting to bother him even though he told me to wait for him.

 

As I walked out of school, beyond the school gates was a group of thugs asking the students about some information. But when they saw me, they started to chase me. Oblivious to me, I started running away from them but a motorbike pulled up beside me. The owner, wearing a dark, shaded helmet, yelled at me, “Yah! Get on!” I quickly got on and held on to him as tightly as I could. He revved the engine and sped off, leaving behind the thugs panting heavily. As we swerved between cars and buses, I felt scared that I could just fly out so I hugged the driver more tightly. Somehow, I could feel the warmth radiating off his body and his heartbeat slowing down. I miss this scent, it must belong to someone familiar but I just couldn’t think of who it was. Soon, my eyelids felt heavy and they began to droop, and then I fell asleep on my saviour’s back.

 

“Argh!” I cried in pain as I woke up only to find myself in a foreign-looking house.

 

“Oh you’re awake!”

 

“Bwoh! What are you doing here?” I shouted in surprise.

 

“Yah! I saved your life and that’s all you have to say?” he reasoned.

 

“I’m getting out of here.” I replied coldly and got up to leave the house.

 

“You wouldn’t want to because those thugs are outside your house now. And also the landlady gave me this.” He said and handed me a letter from my parents. I opened the letter and read it silently on the edge of the mattress.

 

To our dearest Sungjong,

 

Your parents have disappointed you. Our company is now in shambles and is very heavy on debt. We’re currently trying to look for ways to pay back those thugs ₩100,000,000 so we can’t pay for your rent right now. Take care my child and we hope to see you soon.

 

With lots of love,

Your parents

 

A plethora of feelings soon welled up in my heart; I didn’t know what it was. Hurt, anger and worry, etc. How am I going to fork out ₩100,000,000 to save my parents? Warm tears flowed down my cheeks, drop by drop falling onto the floor beneath me. “Yah! What happened? You’re going to flood my house if you continue like this?” he picked up the letter and scanned through it, shock and surprise were written all over his face, and this made me cry even harder.

 

“Yah! We’ll think of a way together so don’t worry about them?” he told me and patted my back.

 

“I don’t need your help.” I responded through my sobs.

 

“Yah! Still trying to act strong. I’ll help you no matter what because you’re very important to me.” He said. I nodded in response and hugged him tightly, sobbing into his shirt. After hours of crying and comforting, tiredness took over me and I fell asleep once more.

 

End of Sungjong’s P.O.V.

“I won’t let you suffer anymore hardships, Lee Sunjong because if I do, then my name’s not Nam Woohyun.” He muttered softly and laid him out onto the mattress and kissed his forehead.