3

The 인피니트 Series - 눈물만

Sungjong’s P.O.V.

“Argh!” I cried in pain as I woke up only to find myself in the sick bay. My vision was still blurry but it steadied after a while.

 

“Yah! Are you okay? You scared me know?” yelled Dongwoo hyung.

 

I immediately shot up, “Hyung! How did you know I’m here?”

 

“The nurse told me that you’re wounded so I came down to see you after my lessons. You’ve been asleep for a few hours already.” He explained.

 

All of a sudden, the curtains to the bed next to me were drawn and the person on the bed shouted, “Yah! Which idiot is disturbing my beauty sleep?”

 

Dongwoo hyung was surprised and shocked, “Omo! How come you’re here? Sorry I didn’t realise that.”

 

“Well I had to carry our secretary from the bathroom to here. And I was feeling pretty tired after that so I took a nap here.” The mysterious person told us.

 

“Bwoh! You’re the one that saved me!” I exclaimed and tried to get out of my bed to thank him properly but I felt weak.

 

“You should rest.” My saviour said to me and pushed me back down onto the bed.

 

He then turned to Dongwoo hyung, “Since he’s unable to go to the council room, we’ll have the council meeting here then.”

 

“Bwoh!” Dongwoo hyung and I yelled.

 

“Aish! Can both of you stop yelling? I’ve had a tiring day okay? Can I at least have some peace for a moment?”

 

Dongwoo hyung apologised and left the sick bay to tell the rest of the council members about the location of today’s meeting. I was left alone with this mysterious person, who kept staring at me, checking me out as if I was a model or something. Hmm… weird guy, I thought. But he had the most perfect features; the eyes, nose and mouth complemented his handsome face. I was beginning to like him but I had to put that thought away if I wanted to survive in the council.

 

He then broke the silence between us, “So you’re the new guy that Dongwoo hyung recommended?”

 

I nodded in silence but a thought struck me and I questioned, “Why is he your hyung? Shouldn’t you be-”

 

He interrupted, “Oh so Dongwoo hyung hasn’t filled you in on the details yet. Never mind I’ll tell you then. I know this may sound absurd but you can join the council at any age.”

 

“Ah… please guide me in the future.” I said and got out of bed to bow to him but he pushed me back down again.

 

“I can’t guide you if you don’t listen to instructions about resting in the first place. Besides, Dongwoo hyung has more experience than me so you can ask him for help.” He pointed out.

 

I blushed at his statement and laid back down as I was told. I then spoke up, “Erm… how do I address you?”

 

“Oh how rude of me. My name is Myungsoo and I’m your hyung.”

 

“Ah… annyeonghaseyo Sungjong-imnida.” I greeted him.

 

“Nice to meet you, Sungjong. I’m sure Dongwoo hyung has briefed you on some details of the student council?”

 

“Ah… erm… he only told me about Woohyun hyung.”

 

“Ah I see so you’ve met the most flirtatious guy in school. He flirts with almost every girl to gain popularity votes. Hopefully he does not create any scandals.”

 

I nodded in agreement and thought that he probably wouldn’t know about the one-night stands Woohyun hyung had.

 

“But he’s capable in handling the finances of the school. He’s our treasurer.”

 

“Bwoh!” I shouted in surprise.

 

“Aish! I said stop shouting.” He said angrily.

 

“Mianhamnida.” I apologised.

 

I then added on, “So hyung what’s your position in the council?”

 

“Aish… that Dongwoo hyung wants to recruit you but didn’t tell you anything.” He whined.

 

I giggled at his cute act but only got back a fierce glare from him. Wow… he’s sure very scary. Is he bipolar or something, I thought? Maybe he doesn’t even have a girlfriend, given his character. Which girl would even want him in the first place?

 

“Anyways, just to let you know, my position in the student council is the president.” He revealed.