26

The 인피니트 Series - 눈물만

Sungjong’s P.O.V.

“Argh!” I cried in pain as I woke up only to find myself in a hospital bed. My vision was still blurry but it steadied after a while.

 

“Yah! Are you okay? You scared me know?” yelled Dongwoo hyung.

 

“Where’s Myungsoo hyung?” I questioned curiously whilst taking a look at my surroundings, only Dongwoo hyung and Chorong noona were present. I assume that the other girls were at school.

 

“Oh he left early this morning, saying that he has things to do.” Chorong noona replied.

 

“Oh…” I said sadly.

 

“You’re still thinking about him aren’t you?” Dongwoo hyung asked.

 

I nodded in silence and Chorong noona added, “Who do you love more Sungjong-ah?”

 

I hesitated and thought for a moment before answering her, “I don’t know. My heart keeps changing from Myungsoo hyung to Woohyun hyung and then back and forth between them. I’m very confused now.” And I sighed. They sighed along with me, knowing the dilemma that I’m in.

 

“Noona is that today’s papers?” I asked.

 

“Neh but I don’t think you would want to read it.” She answered slowly and handed it over to me.

 

I did a quick scan of the headlines and was not amused by it. In fact, I had expected it in some way or another. The full-blown story of Woohyun hyung and me, from ‘rooftop couple’ to ₩100,000,000 was displayed across the main page, continuing on to the next page, coupled with pictures of our first kiss. “ Bwoh! When was this taken?” I shouted, pointing to the picture of our kissing scene.

 

“Well… it looks like somebody’s been spying on both of you for quite a while.” Chorong noona explained.

 

The hospital room then became silent; no one dared to squeak a word. I then had a sudden thought. It’s either now or never. I asked Dongwoo hyung, “Hyung when can I be discharged?”

 

“Oh the doctor said that you could leave as soon as you wake up.”

 

“Then could I ask of a favour from the both of you?” I whispered. They leaned forward to hear what I had to say but were more surprised after hearing it.

 

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Chorong noona asked.

 

“Neh. If it’s for the better good for all three of us, then I’m willing to do so.” I responded solemnly.

 

“Very well then. Kaja.” Dongwoo hyung nodded understandingly and replied whilst sticking out his hand for me.

 

End of Sungjong’s P.O.V.

Myungsoo’s P.O.V.

I sighed heavily and left the school. The next stop was to go to the prison and visit Woohyun hyung. It was pretty much late in the afternoon now; Sungjong should have woken up by now. The doctor said that his condition was not a serious one. I hope that he’s still alive and kicking because he’s the only one that keeps my heart beating.

 

Flashback

I knocked on the principal’s door before entering the room, “Myungsoo-ssi, please have a seat.” He said.

 

“It’s alright. I’ll just stand and make a quick statement. Here’s ₩100,000,000. Please take it as a donation from me. And drop the charges against Woohyun-ssi.” I said and threw a heavy briefcase onto his desk.

 

“Sure but you need to know that he’s already been expelled alongside with Sungjong-ssi for inappropriate usage of school funds.”

 

“What? Sungjong-ssi is out too? But why?” I raised my voice a little and got agitated.

 

“Myungsoo-ssi, please remain calm. This is standard procedure to uphold the school’s prestigious image. I’m sure that you’ve read today’s papers, rumours have been circulating around that you’ve failed as a student council president. But I could give you another shot to make things right. Besides, there are also many other candidates whom are more than willing to take up your post, such as the debates club president and the dance society chairman, if you plan to reject this offer.”

 

“Very well then. You might as well give it to them. I’m getting out of this school with Woohyun-ssi and Sungjong-ssi.” I retorted coldly and left the room.

 

End of flashback

End of Myungsoo’s P.O.V.

Woohyun’s P.O.V.

The policeman came up to my cell and unlocked my gate, he held it wide open and told me, “Woohyun-ssi, you may leave now. You’re released on bail.”

 

“Bwoh!” I exclaimed.