16

The 인피니트 Series - 눈물만

Myungsoo’s P.O.V.

“Okay let’s begin.” I said as the others started to stroll in and take their respective seats.

 

Chorong noona then began, “Since spring break is a month away, we usually hold our council retreat for the week at a special place. So are there any suggestions for this year’s location?”

 

“Hmm… how about Jeju Island?” Yookyung asked.

 

“Sure. Any objections to that idea?” Chorong noona questioned whilst scanning the room. We just nodded our heads and started planning for activities and places of stay. Woohyun hyung and I just remained silent and glared at each other during the course of the meeting. I then began thinking of 1001 ways to get back at him, for whatever he had done to Sungjong.

 

Suddenly, Sungjong’s voice broke me away from my trail of thoughts, “Ah… finally we’re done! All of this writing is going to break my hand off one day.”

 

I decided to ask him, “Sungjong-ah, do you think that you’re coping well with your studies and the upcoming competition?”

 

“Neh hyung. Is there any problem?”

 

“Well… that’s because your grades are kind of… odd.”

 

“Erm… word spreads really fast doesn’t it.” He told us and glared at Dongwoo hyung.

 

I had give him the ultimatum, “Sungjong-ah, from today onwards, you’re suspended from all council meetings and activities until you’ve managed to get good grades and win the music competition. Or else you’ll have to quit school.”

 

“But hyung…”

 

“No buts Sungjong. This is for your own good. Eunji and Bomi will supervise your studying in the afternoon and in the evening, you can come over to my house to practice for the music competition.” I explained.

 

“Neh hyung.” He surrendered.

 

“You can stay over if you like.” I whispered into his ear.

 

“Aniyo! I got lots of things to do.” He replied and waved his hands around.

 

“Okay then. We’ll end here for today. Go back and study hard.” I said to the rest as I patted his back.

 

End of Myungsoo’s P.O.V.

Days went by and Sungjong grew closer to Myungsoo, staying over at his house for some nights and eating dinner together. There was once or twice when Sungjong accidently slipped on the polished marble floor and almost broke his back if it wasn’t for someone. Myungsoo saw that Sungjong was falling and leapt in front of him to steady him but they both fell flat onto the ground, lips brushing against each other. Both of them blushed at the sight but did not attempt to move an inch. At this moment, a servant just had to walk in and witness the scene.

 

“Omo! So sorry I didn’t see anything!” she squeaked and left.

 

There was a moment of silence for what seemed like an hour, when Myungsoo finally broke the silence, “Erm… let’s clean up and get out of here.”

 

Sungjong immediately got off him and quickly ran to the dining hall. Dinner was eaten in silence with none of them saying a word, probably not knowing what to say to each other. Once they were done, Myungsoo offered to bring Sungjong back home but Sungjong tried to turn down his offer. Myungsoo just ignored him and dragged him into the car.

 

Then one day before the music competition, Sungjong came running into the council room, waving his test paper around and yelled at Myungsoo, “Hyung look what I got for my test this time! 60/100! Whoo-hoo! Daebak!” he shouted and punched his fist into the air.

 

“Pabo.” Myungsoo said as he flicked his head.

 

“Hyung…”he whined.

 

“You just passed the test by 10 marks! How is that good?” Myungsoo raised his voice at him.

 

“Well at least I won’t be expelled.”

 

“Bwoh! I don’t want to see you get expelled from school. But I also don’t want you to be a useless person in the future.”

 

“Then hyung can look after me.” Sungjong replied and smiled at his hyung.

 

“Yah! I don’t even print money. Why are you even sticking to me?”

 

“Hyung you don’t like me to stick next to you?” Sungjong asked with a hurtful expression.

 

“A-Aniyo!” Myungsoo stuttered.

 

“It’s alright hyung. I understand. I’ll just leave now.” Sungjong said and opened the door.