The Meeting.

Shatter My World

“Are you excited hyung?” Taemin’s voice reached Minho’s ears. They were all sitting in the dorm. Just a couple of days ago thier manager told them that Minho would be doing the Korean variety show, We Got Married. It wasn’t a bad thing, but the rest of the group had been speculating on who Minho would be paired up with ever since.  

“Yes Taemin, I am, but every time you ask me if I’m excited I get more nervous!”

“Come on Minho, I’m just excited for you!” Minho watched as Taemin was practically fidgeting with excitement. He wanted to be the one to do We Got Married, but the manager said it went against his image, so it was Minho who was elected to be in it. Minho looked at his watch for the 7th time that hour. It wasn’t time yet for the camera crews to arrive. He didn’t even know where he was meeting his wife. Taemin distracted him by filling him in with all the details of his and Key’s favorite drama “Fallen Lovers” [made up Kdrama].

“I think they are here,” Onew said looking out the window. Minho jumped up to see, there was indeed a car pulling into the drive way of their dorm.

“Hyung!!!!!! Text us right away when you meet her! I wish we could come with...” Taemin pouted as he watched the PD’s walk into the dorm.

“I’ll try Taemin,” Minho said as the camera man set up. PD gave a nod and the red light came on. An envelope was handed to Minho and he read it out loud.

“Congratulations on getting married! To find your new wife get in the car and start towards your last fan signing.” Minho reread it in his head before waving to s and got into the car. Anticipation was pulsating through his body as he watched the cars pass them by on the road. He wondered who it was going to be. Maybe one of SNSD's members or someone from Miss A. He was getting more and more nervous as the car came closer and closer to the building where they had their last fan signing.

 

Lee EunJi head was blown. Not literally. So much had happened and now she was getting married! Not really, but still. It is a big moment to hear “You are getting married” for a girl, even if it is fake. She was considered an actress, being the lead in three successful drama’s, but she really didn’t feel any different. To her she was just plain old Lee EunJi. When producers had contacted her in doing the show she was hesitant. She didn't really like to be out in the public where people gossiped or started rumors. But in the end she was convinced to give it a try.

She had been sitting in the book store for about an hour now. Being surrounded by books calmed her. She had lived in the USA for the beginning of her life with her parents, but then when she was 12 they decided to move back to Korea. What she got from the USA was a love of books. It frustrated her that bookstores didn't carry more English books. Thankfully her parents had made her speak Korean at home, so she was fluent in both Korean and English. Even though she had been living in Korea for some time now, when she was stressed she would revert back to English. Some of the Korean customs people took for granted confused her a little. But over all she wanted to be somewhere relaxing when she first met her husband. There was no better place than a bookstore in her mind.

Her parents a few years ago decided to move back to America, but EunJi decided to stay in Korea. Now here she was sitting on the ground reading a book waiting for her husband. Maybe doing this show will clear up all the rumors that had been surrounding her. Rumors which when brought up made it feel as if she couldn't breathe. All she wanted was to move on. Those memories were too painful. EunJi drifted into the world of unreality, facilitated through the book in her lap.

Minho got out of the car. They were in front of a mall, where SHINee had had their last fan meeting. He walked in, hat pulled down and collar up so hopefully no one would recognize him. He was handed another card and read it out loud. “Congratulations, your wife is in the store waiting for you” He looked down and saw a store number. He walked looking at the numbers on the side of each store until he found 327. He was standing outside of a bookstore.

Slowly Minho approached the store and went in. It was quiet, and barley anyone looked up at him when he came in with the camera crew. He scanned around to see where the other camera crew was, but didn’t see anyone. Walking up and down the aisles he looked for someone he might know in the industry. Finally he saw a VJ (video jockey) crouched down near the end of the aisle. Minho stopped and straightened his shirt before walking over.

At first he didn’t see anyone. He looked around and saw no one standing around, than he looked down and saw a girl sitting on the ground reading. She was wearing jeans, a tank top layered with a lace shirt. He knew at once who it was. He groaned. Taemin and Key were going to kill him. Minho cleared his throat and the girl looked up at him.

“Annyounghasehyo, Minho-imneda” Minho gave her a little bow. He saw that she was rushing to her feet.

“Annyounghasehyo! My name is EunJi, I’m your new wife?” she stuck her hand out, then realized she should bow so bowed, when Minho was going to take her hand. She laughed. “Sorry” she smiled. Minho saw she was still clutching the book in her hand. Neither of them exactly knew what to say.

“Do you want to go?” Minho asked after a while.

“mmmm” He saw her look at the book before putting it back on the shelf. Minho smiled and took the book from the shelf. She tried to protest, but Minho took the book to the counter and bought it for her.

“Thank you, but you didn’t have to do that” She held the bag in her hand and was biting her lip nervously.

“Do you like to read a lot?”

“Yes! I love books! If I wasn’t an actress I would have been an English teacher! There are so many books to read and so little time!” she gushed. Minho noticed she was blushing. “How about you? Do you like to read?”

“I like to read biography books usually, but I don’t have much time.” He saw she nodded her head. “What do you know about me? Or want to know?” he asked her. She smiled.

“I know a little about you from Changmin” He noticed that she hadn’t put “Oppa” at the end. That intrigued him. He looked at her closer. Now that she was standing he noticed that she was about 165cm, her hair was long and in a clean pony tail. He thought she looked around 48kg, and very feminine. Her reputation was a friendly nice coworker in the industry. She seemed to be living up to the hype.

“What have you heard from Hyung?”

“About your love of soccer, food, sports, a little about your activities. Nothing big, just generals. What about me? Heard anything about me?”

‘yes, so much’ that was what he wanted to say, but instead he said “a little, a couple of our members watch your dramas."

“Ahhhh, I see” she said with a small smile. “Want to go get something to eat?” Minho nodded and they walked down the street looking at the different restaurants. They decided on a street stand with dukbokki. They laughed and talked, but nothing deep until PD said that was enough for the night.

“Well goodnight” Minho gave her a bow before turning around to get into the van.

“Wait!” he saw EunJi running towards him. “Shouldn’t we exchange phone numbers?” her forwardness surprised him. He nodded and handed her his phone. He typed his number into her phone and saved it. She took it back and looked at it. He looked down at his phone as well and saw she had put herself into his phone as ‘EunJi The Wife’ he smiled. “Yah Minho” He looked up and a flash met his eyes.

“YAH!” Minho rubbed his eyes trying to get them to readjust to the darkness.

“Sorry I needed a picture for my caller id?” EunJi laughed, and tilted her head a little. “I gotta go, see you later Minho!” She smiled and ran towards the cars.

“Don’t I get a picture?” Minho yelled after her, making the crew look around at him.

“Next time! Bye!” with that EunJi disappeared into a van and drove off. Minho stood there stunned and appreciative of EunJi's energy.