Forever and Good bye (Chapter 1)

Forever and Good bye

Chapter 1

 

 

“MS. HWANG!!!”

 

Jongwoon shouts at the top of his lungs. He was sitting on his chair while staring at the new assistant secretary.

 

“MS. HWANG!!!”

 

Jongwoon shouts again. A beautiful and tall young woman who has smiling eyes immediately went inside Jongwoon’s office. Her name is Stephanie Hwang and she’s the secretary of the famous, short tempered and very demanding CEO, Kim Jongwoon.

 

“Ye...ye...yes Mr. Kim?”

 

Stephanie’s voice trembles. She feels so nervous because of Jongwoon’s serious expression.

 

“Is he the new assistant secretary?”

 

Jongwoon asks her while looking at the young man who is staring at him nervously. Stephanie stares at her new assistant. He looks so young and it seems that he is just a fresh graduate. Stephanie notices him trembling and he looks so scared and nervous because of their boss’ early tantrums.

 

“MS. HWANG!!!”

 

Jongwoon shouts making Stephanie jumps. Her heart starts beating fast as she stares at her boss’ serious glare.

 

“Is he the new assistant secretary?”

 

Jongwoon asks her for the second time. Stephanie nods her head as an answer. Jongwoon slams his hands on his desk, making them jump because of nervousness.

 

“You have a tongue, right Ms. Hwang? Since when did you become a mute? I’M ASKING YOU, SO YOU BETTER ANSWER ME!!!”

 

Jongwoon raises her voice because of anger. Stephanie gulps nervously.

 

“Mr...Kim”

 

Stephanie takes a deep breath to calm herself before speaking again. Jongwoon hates it whenever his employee’s voice is trembling because he can’t understand what they are telling him and he can’t hear their voice clearly.

 

“Mr. Kim”

 

Stephanie holds the new assistant secretary’s hand and pushes him in front.

 

“He is Shim Changmin. He will be the new assistant secretary”

 

Stephanie told Jongwoon, introducing Changmin to her grumpy boss. Changmin bows at Jongwoon and stares at him nervously.

 

“How long have you been working?”

 

Jongwoon asks the new assistant secretary, giving him a serious look.

 

“This is my first day Mr. Kim”

 

Changmin answers his boss calmly.

 

“PABO!”

 

Changmin jumps when Jongwoon shouts at him.

 

“I’m not asking if this is your first day or not! What I’m asking is your WORKING EXPERIENCE! WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID?”

 

Jongwoon told him angrily. Changmin’s tears start forming in his eyes because of fear. Jongwoon notices it.

 

“I’M NOT ASKING YOU TO CRY! I’M ASKING YOU SOMETHING, SO PLEASE ANSWER ME BEFORE I COMPLETELY LOSE MY TEMPER TO YOU AND FIRE YOU!!!”

 

Jongwoon shouts while staring at Changmin seriously.

 

“Mr. Kim...I’m just a...just a...just a...”

 

Changmin can’t speak clearly because his voice is trembling. He’s so scared of his boss. Jongwoon raises his eyebrow, still staring at Changmin seriously.

 

“You’re just what?”

 

Jongwoon asks.

 

“I’m just a...”

 

Changmin stops talking because he’s really trembling because of fear. Stephanie elbows him.

 

“Just calm down and answer him or we can’t go out here alive”

 

She whispers to him, making sure that Jongwoon didn’t notice her. Changmin takes a deep breath while controlling his tears from falling. He clears his throat before speaking to his boss who is still staring at him seriously.

 

“I’m just a fresh graduate Mr. Kim”

 

Changmin answers Jongwoon who immediately grabs the telephone on his desk to call the head of the HR Department.

 

“Yes Mr. Kim?”

 

The head of the HR Department asks as she answers the call.

 

“Ms. Jung, I need you in my office now!”

 

Jongwoon told the head of the HR Department before hanging up. They wait for few minutes. Someone knocks on the door. A blonde woman came in. She’s Jessica Jung, the head of the HR Department. She stares at Stephanie and Changmin blankly before bowing at Jongwoon.

 

“MS. JUNG!”

 

Jessica jumps because of fear. Her heart starts running while staring at her angry boss nervously.

 

“Mr. Kim?”

 

Jessica stares at her boss blankly, wondering why Jongwoon is very grumpy early in the morning.

 

“Who told you to hire a fresh graduate as an assistant secretary? You know the qualifications of an assistant secretary, right?”

 

Jongwoon asks. Jessica didn’t answer. She just drops her head to avoid Jongwoon’s serious glare.

 

“I’M ASKING YOU!”

 

Jongwoon raises his voice because of feeling irritated towards Jessica for not answering him.

 

“Mr. Kim”

 

Jessica raises her head to look at Jongwoon.

 

“I’m sorry”

 

Jessica told her grumpy boss, apologizing to him.

 

“What? You’re sorry? You’re sorry for being stupid?”

 

Jongwoon asks. He smirks. He shoots them a deadly glare, making them freeze because of fear.

 

“GET OUT OF MY OFFICE!!!”

 

Jongwoon shouts at them, releasing all his anger. He looks at Stephanie seriously.

 

“TEACH MR. SHIM AND ORIENT HIM PROPERLY ABOUT HIS WORK OR ELSE I’LL FIRE YOU AND MS. JUNG! NOW, GET OUT OF MY OFFICE! ALL OF YOU!!!”

 

Jongwoon shouts angrily. They immediately went out of their boss’ office. Jongwoon takes a deep breath.

 

“They never learn”

 

He rubs his temple.

 

“My head is aching because of them. Aish!”

 

Jongwoon sighs. He opens his laptop and starts working.

 

 

 Meanwhile...

 

 

“What’s wrong with our boss? Why is he like that?”

 

Changmin asks Stephanie and Jessica.

 

“There’s nothing wrong with him. He’s really like that because he’s a short tempered man. You need to get used to him”

 

Tiffany told the new assistant secretary. Jessica nods her head, agreeing to Stephanie.

 

“He’s Mr. Snobbish”

 

Jessica told Changmin as she and Stephanie nod their head.

 

“Mr. Snobbish?”

 

Changmin asks them curiously.

 

“Yes. Mr. Snobbish, you heard it right. Mr. Kim is Mr. Snobbish. That’s his nickname. All of us here working at Kim Corporation are the one who give that nickname to him. But of course he doesn’t know about it or else we’re all dead meat”

 

Jessica explains to Changmin.

 

“But why?”

 

Changmin asks Jessica curiously.

 

“Fany will explain it to you. I need to go back in my office before Mr. Snobbish caught me hanging around with you guys during office hours. If that happens, he will surely grill me alive and I still have a lot of things to do. Bye”

 

Jessica waves her hand to bid goodbye. She went out, leaving Stephanie and Changmin alone.

 

“Stephanie-shi”

 

Changmin told Stephanie, catching her attention. Stephanie gently hits Changmin’s arm.

 

“Pabo! You need to call me Noona because I’m older than you”

 

Stephanie told Changmin who nods at her.

 

“Arasso Noona”

 

Changmin told Stephanie.

 

“Well, if you’re curious why we call Mr. Kim Mr. Snobbish, it’s because he’s a short tempered man and very snobbish. Mind you, he never smiles. I’m working here for a long time, but I haven’t seen him smiling. He’s always mad sometimes because he’s a very famous CEO and perfectionist. He’s one of the best CEOs around the world that’s why he’s very strict and really scary”

 

Stephanie explains. Changmin nods his head.

 

“I see. He’s my idol and I really admire him and that’s the reason why I apply here in Kim Corporation. I really want to see him in person and work under him”

 

Changmin told Stephanie happily.

 

“But you really need to do your best for you to survive here. Mr. Kim hates lazy people, so do all your best all the time, so he won’t get mad at you”

 

“Arasso Noona”

 

Changmin smiles brightly.

 

“Ah, Changmin-shi”

 

“Just call me Max”

 

Stephanie nods at him.

 

“Max, can I ask something?”

 

Stephanie asks. Changmin nods his head.

 

“Sure Noona, what is it?”

 

Changmin asks. Stephanie looks at Changmin curiously before speaking.

 

“Why did Mr. Kim gets mad at you?”

 

Stephanie asks.

 

“Oh!”

 

Changmin clears his throat before continuing.

 

“He gets mad at me because of his coffee”

 

Changmin answers.

 

“Maybe you didn’t buy it at Mouse Rabbit. That’s the favorite coffee shop of Mr. Snobbish”

 

Stephanie told Changmin who shook his head.

 

“No Noona. The blonde lady awhile ago instructed me to buy espresso roast at Mouse Rabbit and that’s what I did. He told me that it taste so different from the espresso roast that he was drinking before. He asks me to buy a new one. I obey him and buy a new one from the same coffee shop. Mr. Kim keeps on complaining about the taste and then he gets mad”

 

Changmin told Stephanie, explaining how their boss gets mad at him.

 

“That’s it?”

 

Stephanie asks. Changmin nods at her. Stephanie holds her forehead.

 

“Mr. Snobbish can really be immature sometimes”

 

Stephanie told Changmin while shaking her head. She can’t believe that her boss will get mad at such a small thing. Changmin nods, agreeing to Stephanie.

 

“You’re right Noona”

 

Changmin told Stephanie who sighs.

 

“Arasso. Let’s start your orientation and lessons now. I need to teach you a lot of things. You need to be good or else Jessica and I will be fired. Our career is in your hands, so you need to do well and you’re still on provisionary period. Always give your best. Mr. Snobbish has a word. He really does what he says”

 

“Arasso Noona”

 

Stephanie smiles at Changmin and starts orienting and teaching him.

 

~~~

 

Ryeowook was sitting inside the library while studying. She has a long exam in her child psychology subject. She’s always staying in the library because of two reasons. First is to study and read books. She loves reading books. Second is mainly because she’s a loner. She doesn’t have any friend in her school. The reason is because she’s poor and just a scholar in Seoul University and nobody want to be friends with her because all her classmates are rich and elite. Some of them are the children of famous and influential people. Nobody wants to socialize with her because she’s just an ordinary girl; poor, simple, shy, smart and an orphan girl. Ryeowook’s father passed ahead when she’s ten while her mother passed ahead when she’s eleven. Her aunt was the one who took care of her, but she passed ahead when Ryeowook is seventeen years old and from then on, she starts working to support herself and her study. Ryeowook was busy studying when she heard her mobile phone ringing. She immediately grabs it in her bag and answers it.

 

“Yeoboseo”

 

Ryeowook talks in a soft voice, avoiding disturbing the other students who are studying like her.

 

“Wookie!”

 

Ryeowook smiles upon hearing her friend’s voice.

 

“Hi Hyukkie”

 

Ryeowook whispers softly.

 

“When is your break?”

 

Eunhyuk asks.

 

“It’s already my break. I’m in the library right now because I’m studying for my long exam later. Why?”

 

Ryeowook asks. Eunhyuk flashes his gummy smile.

 

“Is it ok if you go here at Al fresco? As in now?”

 

Eunhyuk asks.

 

“Ok. I’ll be right there. Wait for me”

 

Ryeowook told her friend before hanging up. She puts her things in her bag and immediately went out from the library to meet Eunhyuk at the Al Fresco.

 

~~~

 

*AL FRESCO*

 

Ryeowook smiles brightly when she saw Sunny, Donghae and Eunhyuk waving happily at her. They are Ryeowook’s co-workers and friends at Mouse Rabbit. Ryeowook happily runs towards them and sits on the grass, joining them.

 

“Why are you guys here? Who is working at the Mouse Rabbit right now if you are all here?”

 

Ryeowook asks them curiously.

 

“Don’t worry Wookie. Ahjumma, Henry and Manager Mimi are there to replace us for the meantime. Don’t worry because Manager Mimi allowed us to go and it’s actually Ahjumma’s idea”

 

Eunhyuk explains to Ryeowook who just stares at him blankly.

 

“Well...”

 

Sunny smiles at Ryeowook.

 

“Ahjumma sends us here because...”

 

Sunny stares at Donghae. He smiles at Sunny and Eunhyuk before taking out their lunch that was inside the big basket that he’s holding. He starts preparing the food with the help of his boyfriend Eunhyuk and Sunny while Ryeowook watches them blankly

 

“Tada! We can eat our lunch now”

 

Donghae told Ryeowook happily, but he suddenly pouts when he sees Ryeowook’s expression. It seems that she’s not surprised to the food that they bring for lunch.

 

“You don’t like it?”

 

Donghae asks Ryeowook while pouting.

 

“Of course I like it. I’m actually hungry now”

 

Ryeowook told them while smiling brightly at them.

 

“But I’m just curious why you need to bring some lunch for me”

 

Ryeowook told her friends, still wondering why they are in her school.

 

“Ahjumma was the one who cooked all of it”

 

Donghae told Ryeowook happily.

 

“Ahjumma?”

 

Ryeowook asks curiously. They all nod at Ryeowook while smiling brightly.

 

“But why?”

 

Ryeowook asks them curiously. Sunny answers her.

 

“Ahjumma told us that you’re saving your money for your school. She cooked for you, so you don’t need to spend some money for your lunch and beside...”

 

Sunny pouts at her.

 

“You’re getting skinny for skipping meals just to save money. We’re all worried about you. That’s the reason why Ahjumma decided to cook for you. Well, she cooked a lot for all of us”

 

Sunny explains happily.

 

“Ahjumma is really nice”

 

Ryeowook told them happily. They all nod their head, agreeing to Ryeowook

 

“Let’s eat our lunch now because I only have one hour and thirty minutes left”

 

Ryeowook told them. Eunhyuk gives them chopsticks and plates and they start eating their lunch happily.

 

“Wookie”

 

Ryeowook looks at Donghae.

 

“Yes Hae?”

 

Ryeowook asks.

 

“Actually, we can’t understand why you need to save money for your school if you’re a scholar”

 

Donghae told Ryeowook. Sunny and Eunhyuk nod their head while chewing their food gently, agreeing to what Donghae told their friend.

 

“The school only pays my tuition fee, but they don’t shoulder my other expenses here in school. Of course I need to buy school supplies, books, educational kit and a lot more. I’m also saving for my practicum, research studies and my future. I’m all alone that’s why I need to work hard to survive and support myself”

 

Ryeowook explains for her friends to understand why she needs to save money.

 

“We’re always here for you Wookie. All of us in Mouse Rabbit are family. You can always approach us whenever you need help”

 

Donghae told Ryeowook, feeling so concern about her. He, Eunhyuk and all of them in Mouse Rabbit are always willing to help Ryeowook.

 

“I know Hae”

 

Ryeowook nods her head happily.

 

“I’m actually thankful that I’m working at Mouse Rabbit because I met all of you; very nice, sweet, loving and caring people. All of you are my family. I can still manage, so don’t worry about me”

 

Ryeowook told them. She flashes a smile to reassure her friends that she’s fine and she still can’t manage, so they won’t worry about her.

 

“Thanks a lot for everything. It will be very hard for me if you guys are not here to support me. Please tell Ahjumma that I’m really thankful for the lunch and it’s really delicious”

 

Ryeowook told them while smiling brightly.

 

“GROUP HUG!!!”

 

Eunhyuk and Donghae shout happily. They all crawl towards Ryeowook and give her a sweet hug.

 

“You need to do well in your exam later. Fighting!”

 

“We know that you’ll get high grades in your exam because you’re smart”

 

“Go Wookie! Fighting!”

 

They all cheer happily, making Ryeowook laugh softly because of happiness.

 

“That’s sweet. Thank you so much guys”

 

Ryeowook kisses their cheeks.

 

“Let’s continue eating. You need to eat a lot so your brain will function later, arasso?”

 

Sunny told Ryeowook who nods her head happily and continues eating her lunch with a bright smile on her face.

 

 ~~~

 

Changmin and Stephanie were following Jongwoon from behind. They are busy chatting while their boss is busy looking for a good book to read.

 

“Noona, what are we doing here?”

 

Changmin asks Stephanie curiously.

 

“This is actually a library and bookstore at the same time. You can read books here. You can also borrow or buy some books. Mr. Snobbish love this place. He always goes here after work. He will buy some books and read it at the third floor where you can find Mouse Rabbit. That’s his daily routine before going home after work”

 

Stephanie explains clearly to Changmin.

 

“Noona, that’s not what I’m trying to ask. I want to know why we always need to be around with Mr. Snobbish”

 

“That’s because we’re his secretaries. That’s part of our job as his secretaries”

 

“We’re not his nanny”

 

Changmin told Stephanie while pouting. Jongwoon turns around to face them.

 

“You’re my secretary Mr. Shim, so you need to follow my orders”

 

Jongwoon told Changmin whose eyes suddenly grow big.

 

“Aigoo! You heard us Mr. Snobbi...I mean Mr. Kim”

 

Changmin told his boss. Jongwoon smirks at them. Changmin and Stephanie hold their lips while staring at Jongwoon nervously.

 

“Of course I can clearly hear both of you because I’m not deaf. So, if you guys are too tired to do your job, just let me know so I can fire both of you right away”

 

Jongwoon told them. He shoots them a deadly glare before walking towards the cashier to pay the books that he’s holding. Changmin and Stephanie gulp nervously. They stare at each other and immediately follow their boss at the cashier.

 

 ~~~

 

*MOUSE RABBIT*

 

Jongwoon went at the balcony that is only reserved for him with his secretaries after ordering at the counter. The balcony area is always reserved for Jongwoon. It is his place exclusively because he asks for it. The owner of the coffee shop gives him a special place not because he’s a regular costumer.  It is also not because Manager Mimi is his cousin’s close friend, but because he’s rich and powerful that’s why he can easily asks for a special place only for him. Jongwoon sits on the couch. Changmin sits on the other couch. Jongwoon stares at him.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

Jongwoon asks Changmin. Stephanie’s heart starts beating fast because Changmin did a stupid mistake again.

 

“Mr. Kim”

 

Changmin smiles at his boss who focused his eyes upon him.

 

“Thanks a lot for treating me and Fany Noona for snacks”

 

Changmin told his boss happily.

 

“I’m asking you Mr. Shim. What are you doing?”

 

Jongwoon asks, trying to control his temper towards his assistant secretary. Stephanie tries to pull Changmin away from the couch, but he doesn’t want to stand up. Changmin is feeling so happy to sit with his boss.

 

“I’m sitting Mr. Kim”

 

Changmin answers while smiling at his boss. Jongwoon raises his eyebrow.

 

“Of course I know that you’re sitting. I can see you. I’m not blind and I’m not stupid. What I’m trying to ask you is why you’re sitting with me?”

 

Jongwoon asks, frowning at the assistant secretary. Changmin didn’t answer. Stephanie gulps nervously when Jongwoon stares at her seriously.

 

“Ms. Hwang, do you really want to get fired along with Ms. Jung?”

 

Jongwoon asks his secretary, threatening her. Stephanie shook her head and immediately pulls Changmin out from the couch.

 

“I’m sorry Mr. Kim”

 

Stephanie bows at Jongwoon and immediately drags Changmin at the other table before Jongwoon can scold at them. She pushes Changmin on the couch before sitting on the other couch, facing Changmin. Donghae arrives bringing their orders. He carefully puts down Jongwoon’s espresso roast on his table.

 

“Enjoy your coffee sir”

 

Donghae told Jongwoon with a smile on his face, but Jongwoon ignores him as he starts reading one of the books that he bought. Donghae just bows at him and places Stephanie and Changmin’s orders on their table. He carefully leaves the balcony after giving their orders. Changmin looks at Stephanie.

 

“He’s really Mr. Snobbish. He didn’t even smile when the employee greets him”

 

Changmin told Stephanie who nods at him.

 

“I told you. He never smile”

 

Stephanie told Changmin before taking a sip on her cherry blossom tea. Jongwoon heard them talking about him. He puts down the book that he’s reading and stares at them.

 

“Mr. Shim, if you don’t mind, will you please shut your mouth? I can’t concentrate on what I’m reading because you and Ms. Hwang are so noisy. Please shut up now”

 

Jongwoon told them while staring at them seriously before focusing his attention back to the book that he’s reading. He grabs his cup of espresso roast and takes a sip. Jongwoon suddenly frowns upon tasting the espresso roast.

 

“How come the taste is different?”

 

Jongwoon asks his self before taking a sip again.

 

“It’s really different from the espresso roast that I used to drink. That’s weird, did they change the recipe?”

 

Jongwoon asks his self while staring at his coffee. He puts it down on the saucer that was on top of the table and looks at Changmin.

 

“Mr. Shim”

 

Jongwoon calls Changmin.

 

“Yes Mr. Kim?”

 

Changmin asks, looking at his boss curiously.

 

“Come here”

 

Changmin immediately stands up and walks towards Jongwoon.

 

“Order a new espresso roast for me”

 

“Arasso”

 

Jongwoon gives Changmin money. Changmin bows at him before going downstairs to order another cup of espresso roast for his boss. Jongwoon continues reading book.  Minutes had passed, Changmin returns at the balcony with Eunhyuk, bringing the espresso roast for Jongwoon.

 

“Enjoy your coffee Sir”

 

Eunhyuk told him happily while flashing his gummy smile, but Jongwoon just ignores him. Eunhyuk just bows at him before leaving the balcony.

 

“Are they not getting mad at our boss? He’s really snobbish you know”

 

Changmin told Stephanie in a very soft voice that only the two of them can hear. He’s being careful this time. He’s afraid that if Jongwoon hears them talking about him again, he will immediately fire them and he just doesn’t want to lose his job. He works really hard just to be an employee at Kim Corporation because it’s one of the top and rich companies in South Korea and because he really wants to work under the famous CEO Kim Jongwoon because he is his idol.

 

“All of them are used to Mr. Snobbish’s attitude. He’s really like that”

 

Stephanie whispers. Changmin suddenly stands up when he heard Jongwoon calling him again. He walks towards his boss.

 

“Yes Mr. Kim?”

 

Changmin approaches his boss. Jongwoon raises his cup of espresso roast

 

“Are you sure that this is espresso roast?”

 

Jongwoon asks Changmin who nods his head as an answer.

 

“That’s what I ordered; espresso roast. I just follow what you told me Mr. Kim”

 

Changmin told his boss. Jongwoon sighs and gives him money again.

 

“Order me another cup of espresso roast”

 

Jongwoon commanded. Changmin salutes at him.

 

“Arasso Mr. Kim”

 

Changmin gets the money and immediately goes down to order another cup of espresso roast. He arrives at the balcony after fifteen minutes with Henry; the son of the owner of Mouse Rabbit. Henry carefully serves Jongwoon his espresso roast.

 

“Enjoy your coffee Mr. Kim”

 

Henry smiles at him. Jongwoon ignores him as he continues to read book. Henry just bows at him and leaves. Jongwoon takes a sip on his espresso roast.

 

“It really tastes so different. This is not the espresso roast that I used to drink”

 

Jongwoon told his self, frowns while staring at his cup of espresso roast. He takes a deep breath and calls Changmin who immediately walks towards him.

 

“Mr. Kim”

 

Changmin looks at Jongwoon, waiting for his order.

 

“Please bring me the person who made my espresso roast. I want to talk to him now”

 

Jongwoon commanded. Changmin nods his head.

 

“Arasso Mr. Kim”

 

 Changmin bows at his boss and immediately went downstairs to call the person who made his boss’ espresso roast. Changmin walks towards the counter.

 

“Hi everyone!”

 

Changmin greets them happily. Henry, Donghae and Eunhyuk smile at him.

 

“Yes sir, what can we do for you? Does your boss want another cup of espresso roast?”

 

Henry asks Changmin curiously. Changmin shook his head.

 

“Mr. Snobbish...”

 

“MR. SNOBBISH?”

 

Henry, Donghae and Eunhyuk shout in unison while staring at Changmin blankly, wondering who Mr. Snobbish is.

 

“What I mean is...Mr. Kim...yes, it’s Mr. Kim. He’s my boss. I’m the assistant secretary”

 

Changmin told them. They give Changmin a weird glare.

 

“Ok, actually...”

 

Changmin takes a deep breath.

 

“My boss wants to see the person who made his espresso roast. He wants the person now”

 

Changmin told them.

 

“Ok. No problem”

 

Henry smiles at him and calls Sunny. A petite cute girl came out from the kitchen.

 

“Yes boss Henry?”

 

Sunny smiles at Henry who blushes a little. Eunhyuk winks at Donghae.

 

“Mr. Kim wants to talk to you”

 

Henry told his girlfriend.

 

“But I’m still doing something”

 

“It’s ok. Hyukkie hyung and Hae hyung can do it”

 

Henry told Sunny. Eunhyuk and Donghae nod at Sunny.

 

“Just go now before he throws tantrums. Ahjumma and Manager Mimi will surely scold us again”

 

Donghae whispers to Sunny, making sure that Changmin will not hear him.

 

“Arasso”

 

Sunny smiles at them and went upstairs with Changmin. They went at the balcony and walks towards Jongwoon.

 

“Mr. Kim, the person who made your espresso roast is already here”

 

Changmin told his boss who is busy reading a book. Jongwoon just nod at him. Changmin bows at him before returning to his seat.

 

“Mr. Kim”

 

Sunny calls for Jongwoon’s attention. Jongwoon puts down the book that he’s reading and looks at Sunny who is standing beside him.

 

“You’re the one who made my espresso roast?”

 

Jongwoon asks calmly. Sunny nods at him.

 

“Yes Mr. Kim. Is there something wrong?”

 

Sunny asks nervously. Jongwoon nods his head.

 

“The taste is different. Did you change the recipe? It doesn’t taste like the espresso roast that I used to drink before. The taste is really different that’s why I’m not enjoying drinking it”

 

Jongwoon explains.

 

“Oh...”

 

Sunny holds her lips.

 

“I’m sorry Mr. Kim, but I’m not really expert in doing the espresso roast. Wookie is really the person who is always making your espresso roast and not me”

 

Sunny informs Jongwoon whose expression suddenly becomes serious. Sunny’s heart starts beating fast while staring at Jongwoon’s serious face.

 

“Then why did you do it if Wookie is the one who is really making my espresso roast?”

 

Jongwoon asks, controlling his temper.

 

“Well...that’s because Wookie is...”

 

Jongwoon raised his hand to stop Sunny from talking.

 

“Enough of your explanation, I need Wookie. Whoever that person is, I want him to make my espresso roast now!”

 

Jongwoon demanded.

 

“But Mr. Kim...”

 

“NOW!!!”

 

Jongwoon shouts making Sunny jumps because of fear.

 

“WHAT ARE YOU STILL DOING? DON’T JUST STAND THERE!!!”

 

Jongwoon shouts again. Sunny bows at Jongwoon and immediately run downstairs while trembling.

 

“Aigoo! We have a problem!”

 

Sunny starts to panic. Henry, Eunhyuk and Donghae stare at Sunny’s panicked face

 

“What’s wrong Sunny?”

 

Henry asks her nervously. Sunny takes a deep breath, calming herself before talking

 

“Mr. Kim wants Wookie. I mean, he wants Wookie to make his espresso roast!”

 

Sunny told them nervously while jumping because of fear.

 

“WHAT?”

 

Henry shouts with wide eyes open.

 

“Aigoo! This is a major problem!”

 

Eunhyuk told them while scratching his head, worrying about it.

 

“Yes honey. Super major problem”

 

Donghae told his boyfriend while holding his forehead.

 

“What to do?”

 

Sunny asks them nervously. They all stare at each other nervously, thinking on what they should do in order to solve their problem.

 

“Did you tell Mr. Kim that today is Wookie’s day off? This is the first time that she’s having a day off because she has a long exam today”

 

Henry told his girlfriend.

 

“I was trying to explain, but he didn’t let me finish. What are we going to do now?”

 

Sunny asks them while trembling. Eunhyuk suddenly snaps his fingers.

 

“I know!”

 

They stare at him. Eunhyuk flashes his gummy smile.

 

“Let’s just call Wookie and tell her to go here”

 

Eunhyuk suggested. Donghae shook his head, disagreeing with his boyfriend.

 

“Honey, Wookie has long exam today”

 

Donghae reminds his boyfriend. Eunhyuk nods his head.

 

“Then she can go here after, right Henry?”

 

Eunhyuk asks his boss. Henry nods at him.

 

“I agree to Hyukkie hyung. Let’s call Wookie and tell her to come over after her long exam”

 

Henry told them. He gets his mobile phones and gives it to Sunny.

 

“You call Wookie”

 

Henry told his girlfriend. Sunny gets Henry’s mobile phone on his hand and calls Ryeowook.

 

“Yeoboseo”

 

Ryeowook answers the call.

 

“Wookie, where are you?”

 

Sunny asks nervously.

 

“Sunny? What’s wrong?”

 

Ryeowook asks her worriedly.

 

“Are you done with your long exam?”

 

Sunny asks. Ryeowook nods

 

“Just finish. I’m about to go home now, why?”

 

Ryeowook asks.

 

“Can you go here? We really need you here at Mouse Rabbit, please. It’s an emergency and you alone can save us”

 

Sungmin told Ryeowook, feeling really nervous.

 

“What happen?”

 

Ryeowook asks worriedly. Sunny sighs.

 

“It’s a long story. Just go here now, please”

 

Sunny told her friend, begging her. Ryeowook nods her head.

 

“Arasso. I’m on my way now”

 

Ryeowook told Sunny before hanging up. Sunny stares at Henry, Eunhyuk and Donghae who are waiting for her to speak.

 

“Wookie is on her way now”

 

Sunny told them. They all smile at each other and start jumping like little kids.

 

“GROUP HUG!!!”

 

Donghae and Eunhyuk shout. They all hug each other while jumping happily.

 

“Problem solved”

 

Henry told them happily. They all smile at each other and give each other a high five.

 

~~~

 

Jongwoon went downstairs after thirty minutes. He doesn’t have that much patience when it comes to waiting and he really hates waiting. Stephanie and Changmin follow their boss downstairs.

 

“Where is the person who’s making my espresso roast?”

 

Jongwoon asks Sunny, Henry, Eunhyuk and Donghae while frowning at them. They just stare at Jongwoon nervously, making him lose his temper.

 

“I’M ASKING ALL OF YOU! WHY DON’T YOU ANSWER ME?”

 

Jongwoon raises his voice because of anger.

 

“WHERE IS THAT WOOKIE OR WHATEVER YOU CALL HIM?”

 

Jongwoon asks them with a loud voice. He’s already losing his temper to all of them. Henry raises his hand to speak.

 

“Ah, Mr. Kim, Wookie is a girl and not a boy”

 

Henry told Jongwoon. Sunny, Eunhyuk and Donghae nod in agreement. They all jump in fear when Jongwoon slams his hands on the marble counter. Stephanie and Changmin stare at each other nervously.

 

“I DON’T CARE WHETHER THAT WOOKIE IS A BOY OR A GIRL! TELL HER TO MAKE MY ESPRESSO ROAST NOW!”

 

Jongwoon shouts. Other customers are already staring at him, wondering what the commotion all about is. Zhoumi arrives at Mouse Rabbit with Henry’s mother.

 

“UMMA!”

 

Henry shouts. Mrs. Lau and Zhoumi immediately walk towards Jongwoon when they heard him yelling at Henry, Eunhyuk, Donghae and Sunny.

 

“Hi Jongwoon, what’s the commotion all about? Is there something wrong?”

 

Zhoumi asks Jongwoon curiously. Jongwoon stares at him while frowning.

 

“There’s something wrong with my espresso roast. It taste so different than before”

 

Jongwoon told Zhoumi.

 

“That’s because Wookie is not here. She’s the one who is making your espresso roast”

 

Zhoumi told Jongwoon.

 

“That’s what she told me”

 

Jongwoon told Zhoumi while pointing his finger on Sunny who gulps nervously. Eunhyuk starts mopping the floor while Zhoumi and Mrs. Lau talk to Jongwoon. Donghae and Henry starts serving the customers; taking their orders and bringing it at their table.

 

“What is the problem all about if Sunny already told you that Wookie is the one making your espresso roast?”

 

Zhoumi asks curiously.

 

“The problem is, I’m looking for Wookie because I want her to make an espresso roast for me. I’m asking them to bring her out, but they’re just staring at me”

 

Jongwoon answers.

 

“I’m sorry Jongwoon. We really can’t bring her out this time because Wookie is on day off. She have long exam today”

 

Zhoumi explains carefully to Jongwoon.

 

“But Manager Mimi, Wookie is already on her way here. We call her awhile ago and told her to drop by”

 

Sunny told Zhoumi. Henry nods, agreeing to Sunny. Mrs. Lau and Zhoumi stare at them seriously.

 

“Why did you do that? She have exam today”

 

Mrs. Lau told them while frowning.

 

“But Umma, it’s an emergency and Wookie told us that she’s already done with her long exam”

 

Henry explains.

 

“But still...she needs to rest. This is the only time that she’s taking a day off”

 

Mrs. Lau sighs. She stares at Jongwoon.

 

“Mr. Kim, if you want we can just give you a free drink or just return your money”

 

Mrs. Lau told Jongwoon who shook his head. He stares at Zhoumi.

 

“Is she going to be here tomorrow?”

 

Jongwoon asks. Zhoumi nods his head.

 

“Yes”

 

Zhoumi answers.

 

“Good. I want my espresso roast tomorrow morning. My secretary will just get it here tomorrow morning”

 

Jongwoon told them.

 

“No problem Jongwoon”

 

Zhoumi smiles at him. Jongwoon just nods at him. They all bow their head at him.

 

“We’re really sorry Mr. Kim”

 

Mrs. Lau apologizes.

 

“It’s ok”

 

Jongwoon responded. He was about to leave the coffee shop when Ryeowook came in running. She didn’t notice Eunhyuk mopping the floor and the sign ‘Caution: Wet Floor’. She slips because of running and bumps to Donghae because of trying to balance herself. Donghae was holding a tray of cold red tea. The tray slips into his hand and he accidentally pours the glass of cold red tea all over Jongwoon’s pants. All of them freeze including Changmin and Stephanie as they all stare at Jongwoon nervously.

 

“Aigoo!”

 

Ryeowook’s eyes widened while staring at Jongwoon’s wet pants. She looks at Jongwoon and gulps nervously while staring at his serious glare.

 

“Oh no! This is bad. My crush is mad. Aigoo! What to do?”

 

Ryeowook thought. She immediately gets her handkerchief inside her pocket. All eyes are focus on her as Mrs. Lau, Zhoumi, Henry, Donghae, Eunhyuk and Sunny as well as Changmin and Stephanie’s eyes widened when Ryeowook starts rubbing Jongwoon’s pants with her handkerchief, on his sensitive area.

 

“Aigoo! What the hell is she doing? Why is Wookie rubbing Mr. Kim’s...his...his...”

 

Sunny blushes and just hide her face on her palms. Jongwoon grabs Ryeowook’s wrist and hold it tightly.

 

“What the hell are you doing little girl?”

 

Jongwoon asks Ryeowook while controlling his temper towards the girl who keeps on rubbing his sensitive area. Ryeowook stops when she suddenly realize what’s she’s doing.

 

“Oops”

 

Ryeowook whispers. She slowly raises her head to look at Jongwoon’s angry face. Ryeowook’s face turns red like tomato because she suddenly feels embarrassed.

 

“I’m sorry...I’m just...just”

 

Ryeowook gulps nervously and flashes a weak smile while holding her handkerchief in front of Jongwoon’s face.

 

“Handkerchief?”

 

Ryeowook asks him nervously. Jongwoon takes a deep breath.

 

“MS. HWANG! MR. SHIM!”

 

Jongwoon shouts. Changmin and Stephanie immediately run towards their angry boss.

 

“GET THE LITTLE GIRL OUT OF MY SIGHT!!!”

 

Jongwoon shouts, commanding his secretary to take Ryeowook away from him. Stephanie immediately run towards Ryeowook and pulls her away from Jongwoon.

 

“I’m so...”

 

Stephanie covers Ryeowook’s mouth, stopping her from talking.

 

“If you want to live, just close your mouth and don’t speak”

 

Stephanie whispers to Ryeowook who nods her head.

 

“Ms. Hwang and Mr. Shim, I’ll see you both tomorrow, arasso?”

 

Jongwoon told his secretaries. Stephanie and Changmin nod.

 

“ARASSO?”

 

Jongwoon raises his voice while staring at them seriously.

 

“YES MR. KIM!”

 

Stephanie and Changmin shout in unison. Jongwoon was about to leave when he saw Ryeowook staring at him nervously. Jongwoon walks towards her and grabs the handkerchief away from her hand. He stares at Ryeowook seriously and flicks her forehead before leaving the Mouse Rabbit. Stephanie and Changmin bow at them and follow their boss outside.

 

“Aigoo!”

 

Ryeowook stares at her co-workers, Zhoumi and Mrs. Lau.

 

“What the hell did I just do? Aigoo! My prince charming is really mad at me”

 

Ryeowook holds her forehead, feeling really embarrassed on what she did.

 

“That was so embarrassing. I’m so stupid. Why oh why?”

 

Ryeowook asks them. They start laughing at Ryeowook.

 

“Guys, please don’t laugh at me. It’s really embarrassing ok”

 

Ryeowook told them shyly. Zhoumi pats Ryeowook’s head

 

“It’s ok Wookie. There’s nothing wrong in wiping Jongwoon’s pants, unless you touches his...you know”

 

Zhoumi told Ryeowook who suddenly blushes so hard. Zhoumi’s eyes widened.

 

“Aigoo! Don’t tell me that...”

 

Ryeowook nods shyly at Zhoumi, still blushing really hard. Her face is like a tomato.

 

“I did touch it accidentally. What will I do Manager Mimi? That was so embarrassing. I already got a negative zero just before I court him. Aigoo!”

 

Ryeowook told Zhoumi sadly and shyly.

 

“It’s ok Wookie. I’m sure that Jongwoon likes it so much”

 

Zhoumi teases Ryeowook, making everyone laugh.

 

“MANAGER MIMI!!!”

 

Ryeowook shouts and pouts. Zhoumi smiles at her and gives her a sweet hug.

 

“Don’t worry Wookie. I’m sure that Jongwoon, your prince charming will soon love you too. Just go for it and of course have the courage to tell him that you like him that much. We’re here to support your love story. Fighting!”

 

“GO WOOKIE! FIGHTING!”

 

They all cheer for Ryeowook, making her smile.

 

“Always smile and someday Jongwoon will surely fall for it”

 

Zhoumi told Ryeowook. Eunhyuk and Donghae stand beside Ryeowook. They flash a wide smile.

 

“Don’t worry Wookie. Not all women can give a nice like that”

 

Donghae told Ryeowook, smiling at her.

 

“I’m sure that Mr. Kim enjoys it so much”

 

Eunhyuk told Ryeowook, teasing her.

 

“YAH!”

 

Ryeowook hits Eunhyuk and Donghae who start laughing. Mrs. Lau holds Ryeowook’s face between her hands.

 

“Don’t mind them sweetheart. They are just teasing you”

 

Mrs. Lau told Ryeowook who smiles at her.

 

“It’s ok Ahjumma. I know that they are teasing me because they care and love me, right guys?”

 

Ryeowook asks them. They all nod at her including Mrs. Lau.

 

“Of course we love you sweetheart. Don’t forget that we’re all family here”

 

Mrs. Lau told Ryeowook, smiling at her.

 

“Yes Ahjumma. I won’t forget that. Thanks for the lunch awhile ago”

 

Ryeowook hugs Mrs. Lau happily. Zhoumi claps his hands happily.

 

“Who wants pizza? My treat”

 

Zhoumi asks. They all raise their hands.

 

“Ok. We’re going to celebrate our Wookie’s first skin ship to Jongwoon”

 

Zhoumi announces happily. He smiles at Ryeowook and pats his head like a little kid.

 

“Thank you Manager Mimi”

 

Ryeowook smiles at Zhoumi.

 

“No problem. Manager Mimi at your service. Anytime and anywhere. Fighting!”

 

Zhoumi told Ryeowook happily.

 

~~~

 

*KIM MANSION*

 

 

Siwon was laughing so hard while staring at his cousin.

 

“YAH!”

 

Jongwoon shouts at him.

 

“I told you that I didn’t pee on my pants! That stupid girl was the one who did this to me”

 

Jongwoon told Siwon angrily, remembering what happen in Mouse Rabbit.

 

“? ? What?”

 

Siwon asks while flashing a naughty smile to tease his cousin.

 

“PABO!”

 

Jongwoon shouts before going inside the bathroom to take a bath. Siwon grabs the business book on Jongwoon’s bed and reads it while waiting for his cousin to finish taking a bath. Jongwoon came out of his walk-in closet after one hour.

 

“So...”

 

Siwon closes the book and looks at Jongwoon who is drying his hair with a towel.

 

“Who is that stupid girl that you’re talking about who makes you pee on your pants?”

 

Siwon asks, teasing his cousin again. Jongwoon who frowns at him.

 

“I don’t know her ok”

 

Jongwoon grabs his iPod on his bed. He puts his headphone and starts listening to some music. He starts banging his head like a rock star when Siwon takes his headphone away from his ears. Jongwoon stares at him.

 

“What?”

 

Jongwoon asks.

 

“I’m going to tell you something”

 

“Go ahead”

 

Siwon smiles at Jongwoon before speaking.

 

“Sulli told me awhile ago that Minnie will be arriving tomorrow”

 

Siwon told his cousin. Jongwoon flashes an excited smile upon hearing his cousin. He is excited to see Sungmin again.

 

“Really?”

 

Jongwoon asks. Siwon nods his head.

 

“Yes. Minnie was the one who told her and she heard uncle Youngwoon talking to Minnie’s father over the phone”

 

Siwon informs Jongwoon.

 

“That was good. I’m going to see her again after a long time. Come to think of it, the last time we saw each other is during her 18th birthday. I wonder how she looks like now that she’s already twenty three years old”

 

“Of course she’s still beautiful...more beautiful, her beauty doesn’t fade. She becomes beautiful every day”

 

Siwon told his cousin. Jongwoon nods, agreeing to Siwon.

 

“You don’t need to wonder about her beauty. You need to wonder if Minnie is still in love with you from head to foot”

 

Siwon told Jongwoon, reminding him that Sungmin loves him so much since they were kids.

 

“Whatever Siwon. Stop teasing me ok”

 

Jongwoon told his cousin, hitting Siwon’s arm gently.

 

“Are you not excited to see her again?”

 

Siwon asks.

 

“Of course I am. I’m very excited, but I will always see her as my friend and just like a little sister. That’s all, so stop teasing me ok”

 

Jongwoon told Siwon, reminding him that he doesn’t love Sungmin. Siwon nods his head.

 

“Arasso. But I’m just curious Jongwoon-ah”

 

Jongwoon stares at his cousin and raises his eyebrow.

 

“Curious about what?”

 

Jongwoon asks.

 

“About you. I wonder why you still don’t have a girlfriend. Come on. You’re the perfect boyfriend. You’re rich, gorgeous, famous, sweet and smart”

 

Siwon told his cousin, wondering why Jongwoon is still single. Jongwoon smirks.

 

“You forget something Siwon. I’m such a grumpy man, demanding, perfectionist and snobbish. Everyone is scared of me”

 

Jongwoon told Siwon.

 

“That’s because they still don’t know your soft side. If I were you, just look for a girlfriend now. It’s now or never”

 

Siwon told his cousin, trying to convince him to look for a girlfriend. Jongwoon shook his head.

 

“Siwon, I don’t need to find love. It will arrive at the right time and beside, I’m too busy for that”

 

“You’re already twenty six years old”

 

“So? I’m still young to settle down with someone. Love will find its own way. My princess will arrive at the right time. There’s no need to be hurry”

 

Jongwoon explains, defending his self. Siwon sighs.

 

“Arasso. It’s your decision, not mine. I’m just telling you”

 

Siwon smiles at Jongwoon. They stare at the door when someone knocks. Sulli enters while smiling at them.

 

“Siwon oppa. Jongwoon oppa, dinner is ready”

 

Sulli told them happily.

 

“Is appa joining us in dinner?”

 

Jongwoon asks Sulli who shook her head.

 

“Uncle Youngwoon just left awhile ago. He needs to go back in his office for an emergency meeting”

 

Sulli informs her cousin. Jongwoon nods his head.

 

“I see”

 

“Just go down ok?”

 

Sulli told them. Jongwoon and Siwon nod at her. Sulli smiles at them before going out of the room. Siwon stands up.

 

“Just go down”

 

Siwon pats Jongwoon’s shoulder before leaving his room. Jongwoon sighs sadly. He was about to leave his room when he saw Ryeowook’s handkerchief lying on the bedside table. Jongwoon grabs it.

 

“I’ll ask nanny to wash this. I’ll return it to that little girl if ever we saw each other again”

 

Jongwoon suddenly smiles upon remembering Ryeowook’s shy face.

 

“She’s cute”

 

Jongwoon whispers and goes out of his room, holding Ryeowook’s handkerchief.