The Package.

Recording The Memories

 

Kyuhyun left for work early as I made my way to the kitchen.

He seems to be forgetting a lot of stuff lately. Just the other day, he forgot where he placed his phone when he told me he was charging it in the bedroom. And another time, we went grocery shopping and bought all our stuff and the following day, he said he wanted to go grocery shopping again. He must be so stressed up by his new album.

Sigh.

As I was taking a cup out of the cabinet, I noticed a packet of pills lying behind the jug of water. I never placed any medication in the kitchen, so what was that packet of pills doing there? I took it out and inspect it.

 

Cho Kyuhyun.

To be taken twice daily. Morning and night.

After meal.

 

Kyuhyun was under medication? For what? I scanned the packet and my eyes landed on a scribble made by possibly the doctor; memory loss.

I shook my head as I read the phrase again.

Kyuhyun was taking medication for memory loss? What on earth is going on? Wait a minute.

 

“Oh Kyu, have you called the room service about the hairdryer?” I asked.

“What about the hairdryer?” He replied, still massaging my shoulders.

“It’s not working suddenly! I thought I told you that before I went in to bathe?” I said as I gave Kyuhyun a look.

“Oh? OH! That was what I was trying to remember! Sorry, I forgot.” He said as he quickly went over to the phone and made his request known to room service.

 

Kyuhyun had showed symptoms since our honeymoon. And all those incidents lately, what’s happening to him?

After the dinner on the 15th, Kyuhyun didn’t mention anything about it again. When I asked him about that night, he would try to change topic. Was it because he had… forgotten.. about it?

This is something serious. I shall wait for him to tell it to me personally. I thought as I placed the packet of pills back behind the jug of water.

Just then, I felt like vomiting as I ran to the bathroom and puked into the toilet bowl.

I’ve been getting a lot of this vomiting lately; I hope it’s not because of something that I ate.

After cleaning up, the doorbell rang.

I quickly walked over and opened the door. The mailman was there.

“Hello, package for Mrs Cho Rae Ah.” He smiled.

“That’s me.” I said, puzzled; I don’t remember ordering anything online.

“Please sign over here.” The mailman handled me a pen while pointing to a dotted line on the invoice.

“There.” I said before taking the package and closed the door.

It was light, as I shook it. It was very light actually. I sat by the sofa as I tore the wrapper. And opened up the box.

In it was a handkerchief.

Kyuhyun’s handkerchief.

What was his handkerchief doing in the box? Who send it to me? I checked the box and found a small post-it.

 

To Mrs Cho Rae Ah.

Your husband left something.

 

No name. A pang of jealousy flood through me. Who did Kyuhyun leave his handkerchief with? I took the handkerchief out and right at the corner of it was a lipstick stain. I gasped as I dropped the box.

I looked at the lipstick stain. My shaky hands dropped the handkerchief as well.

It was Kyuhyun’s handkerchief, I was definitely sure about that. But who would send it to me like this?

Kyuhyun wouldn’t. He wouldn’t cheat on me. Maybe it was his fans’ doing. There were still a few anti-fans out there who didn’t approve of our marriage even though Kyuhyun did told them about how happy he was and they should be happy for him too.

I thought back to the packet of medication. Did Kyuhyun left it there because he might have forgotten about it?

But who is the sender of this package? I quickly walked to the balcony and looked down, seeing if there was any suspicious character walking around. No one.

Hmmmm. How am I going to approach Kyuhyun about this? I don’t want to fight with him but I want to know why the handkerchief is in this condition.

I took the handkerchief and placed it in the bedroom as I threw the box in the trash bin.

Something’s not right.

 

Mara’s POV

I see that you have gotten my package, Cho Rae Ah. I thought as I saw her walking out of her balcony, while holding onto a piece of cloth which should be the handkerchief that I just send to her.

Now while, the wife is panicking at home. I should get started on the husband.

Time to call someone.

 

Cho Kyuhyun’s POV

If I asked the friend to help, she wouldn’t mind, would she?

Just then, an unknown number was calling my phone.

“Hello?” I said in the first ring.

“Hello? Is this Kyuhyun, I’m the girl who you met at the hospital. I forgot to tell you my name. I’m Mara. Can we meet anytime soon?” She asked.

If I’m going to go ahead with my plan on leaving Rae Ah, maybe I can ask her to help.

“Alright. When?” I said in a jiffy.

 

She was already there, with a cup of coffee in hand, at the far corner of the cafe.

“Hey.” I said as I sat in the chair opposite her.

“Hello.” She said with a smirk.

“I actually have something to propose to you. I wonder if you will be interested.” I started the deal.

“Go ahead.” She said, settling her cup down and crossing her legs.

“I want you to act with me. I will pay you.” I said, placing my hands together.

“Act with you?” She was astounded.

“Yes. Act like we’re together. I’m trying to make Rae Ah leave me.” I explained in the simplest way.

“What?” Was her reply. She stared at me wide eye.

“Something happened and for Rae Ah’s sake, it’s best if she leaves me.” I stated.

“O-Okay? So you want me to act like you’re mistress?” She asked.

“S-Something like that.” I agreed.

“Deal.” She said.

“Really? You’re willing to help me? She’s your friend.”

“You said it’s for her sake, isn’t it, Kyuhyun?”

I nodded my head.

I’m sorry Rae Ah. I’m truly sorry. This will be for your own good.

 

Choi Rae Ah’s POV

Kyuhyun said he will end by 4pm. It’s already so late. I wonder where he is.

Could something have happened to him?

I walked up and down the living room before running to the toilet to puke once again. I patted my chest. This feeling of nauseas isn’t going away.

Just then, a buzz came from my mobile phone as I went to check on it.

An image by an unknown sender?

I clicked on the image and it was a picture of Kyuhyun in a café with another lady who was dressed rather ily. Her face was blurred so I couldn’t see it clearly. Their hands were touching. Could she be the owner of the lipstick stain on the handkerchief as I looked across to the bedside table with the handkerchief neatly folded in place?

I fell onto the bed.

 

Kyuhyun wouldn’t cheat on me. He wouldn’t.

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

 I had in mind this plot since the beginning. Heh, exciting isn't it? Another cliffhanger for you! 

COMMMMENT. 

 

 

Xoxo.