The Recordings.

Recording The Memories

 

I waited outside the florist for Yi Soo to lock up the doors. She decided to close the shop slightly earlier so we could make our way to the concert venue.

Meeting Kyuhyun in Japan was such a coincidence. It had totally slipped my mind that Kyuhyun still have ongoing schedules and promotions in Japan. The world was so small.

Just two days ago when I bumped into him, I thought my world was crashing down on me. Of all people, I met him.

He looked perfect as usual but my heart cringed at the pain. He cheated on me.

Kyuhyun followed me all the way to the apartment that I was staying at. I admit that I was angry and furious when I saw him at the lobby but when he was in pain, I started to worry. How if his condition worsen? Will he forget everything about me?

Hearing him say that his condition was cured brought relief onto my shoulders. And hearing his confession was touching too but it didn’t felt like the time was ripe. I didn’t know whether it was the truth too.

 

“I admit I was selfish. I didn’t consider your feelings. Because when I lay with you in our bed, there was a moment when I could feel everything you had been through, and I had this idea that if I could make you happy, then I would be happy, too.”

 

That silly boy.

“Are you ready?” Yi Soo asked, waving her hand in front of my face.

“Oh? Oh. Yes. Let’s go.” I said as we made our way to her car.

“You seemed to be distracted after the day I told you about this concert. Is everything alright? Do you like the singer or something? Are you a fan?” She asked, wearing her seatbelt.

“D-Distracted?” I responded.

“Yeah, you mixed up two orders yesterday. Thank goodness I saw the receipt or else we would have to refund the customer.”

“I did? I’m really sorry. I-I..” I stammered, feeling bad about the situation.

“Tell me what’s going on. I know something’s bothering you.” Yi Soo said as she clicked on her GPS.

She started driving off as she soft background music from her stereo.

“I-I…” My eyes darted from left to right, should I tell her? “C-Cho Kyuhyun was my husband.” I said softly.

“W-What?” She turned her head sharply before giving her attention back to the road.

“We were married but we recently got a divorce.” I said, clasping my hands together.

“You were married to the singer?” Yi Soo said, just now stopping her car at the red traffic light.

I nodded my head as I looked down to my hands.

“And you guys just divorced?” She clarified.

“Y-Yeah. He kind of cheated on me.” I tried laughing it off but it turned out to be awkward.

“He what? He did that? Honestly?” Yi Soo, turning the engine up to drive.

“That was why I reacted the way I did the other day when you told me we were going for his concert.”

“That explains a lot.” She said, checking the rear view mirror.

“But I bumped into him the other day after work at the traffic junction. He explained to me that it was all a misunderstanding.” I continued.

“Men always say it’s a misunderstanding. In my case, they always say that. Is that why you came to Japan?”

“Yeah. Who knew I would meet him here?”

“Do you still want to go for the concert?” Yi Soo asked politely. “I can always drive you back home. You should have told me earlier.”

I thought for a while. I did tell Kyuhyun that I’ll be meeting him at his concert after all. “Yes, I would like to go. The ticket is free, isn’t it? It will be a waste not to go.”

“Are you sure?” She asked again.

“He may be a bad lover. But he is a great singer.” I forced a smile out.

“If you are unable to go through the entire concert, tell me alright? Then we’ll just leave.” Yi Soo comforted.

“Thank you very much.” I said, turning my head out to see the view.

 

It was packed. Literally. Crowds of fan girls gathered together, posters with neon lights of Kyuhyun’s name everywhere. There was even a booth that sold his concert merchandise and there was a long queue to it too. Some even came from other parts of the world as they waved their own country flags to a cameraman that was going round filming them.

Yi Soo bought glow sticks for the sake of coming to a concert. “It’s a natural thing to buy.” She said as I shrugged my shoulders.

I thought back at the times where I went to support Kyuhyun at his own concert back then. I would do so many things just to surprise him. Sometimes I even baked a couple of muffins for him to indulge in after his concert and of course, a lot of honey water with slices of lemon.

Looking back as I hold onto the glow stick that Yi Soo shoved into my hand, it has been a while since I’ve been to Kyuhyun’s concert.

“Just think of it as any other concerts that you’ve been to!” She said as we settled down in our seats. We were just a third row from the stage, it was a good view; a surprisingly good view.

I smiled meekly at Yi Soo. I couldn’t respond to that because all my life, all the concerts that I’ve been to were all Kyuhyun’s concerts. I’ve never been to any other concerts by any other persons or bands.

Yi Soo watched my facial expression an she caught what I was thinking. “You only been to his concerts, right?”

I nodded slightly.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know-..”

“No, it’s alright, don’t need to apologize, it’s not your fault. You had no idea anyway. I’ll be alright. If things get worse, I’ll tell you then we’ll leave, alright?”

Yi Soo smiled as she pulled me in for a friendly hug. “I’m glad I hired you. You’re one of a kind, Rae Ah.”

“Thanks.” I said as I hugged her back. “Thanks for hiring me when I didn’t have the best qualities to offer.”

“Your flower arrangement is lovely. A lot of customers have given me feedback. It’s quite a good response.” She smiled as the light dimmed.

It was starting.

Seeing him on stage felt so surreal. I just threw the thought of everything that happened out of my mind and found myself singing along to some of his song to the surprise of Yi Soo and myself.

His velvety voice was unthinkably flawless. The way he swayed along to the music and danced when the crowd cheered. Kyuhyun was never a dancer type of singer; his sense of rhythm compared to his musical tempo was completely different. It was funny though, looking at how ridiculous he got with his actions and his moves.

I looked down to the concert booklet; the concert was coming to an end. He was going to sing his new released song last.

After taking a sip of water from his bottle, he walked to the center of the stage and sat on a high stool.

“I would like to thank you guys once again for coming to support me, I really appreciate all these love and care.” He started the final talk.

“You guys know that I have a new song right? I wrote and composed the song by myself. I’ll be singing it later. I want to talk a little bit about this song. Do you guys know the title of the song?” He shouted.

“PROMISE YOU!” The fans screamed.

He laughed, overwhelmed by the response “Yes yes, I can see that all of you are really updated.  There was a reason why I chose to name it ‘Promise You.’ It’s for someone who is very special to me.”

“I used to tell her ‘I’ll try my best’ in whatever I do. But now after being away from her for such a long time, I’m no longer going to use that phrase anymore. I want this to be a commitment because that was what happened on the day we got married. A commitment. A promise from me to her.”

Shall we listen to it?”

The crowds cheered and yelled. It was getting to me, the punch in the gut feeling but I was curious about the new song.

The music started and he held the microphone to his mouth.

 

I’m looking for something that does not change, there is a season that seems to be different.
I came here while holding hands with you at all times.

I could passed the days I wasn't sure without losing a way thanks for you,
and I could stay strong anytime.
Even though much scenery might be changed in our future, we won't be changed.

Promise you. I will live thinking of you. We are the one from heart to heart.
Promise You. What I want to tell is just “I love you”.
I will promise the piece of eternity.

We've had many little quarrels. We also had some days apart each other.
But each time, it reminded me that I need you.
When you have difficulties, I want to be the first and best man to reach out to you
Let me stay close to you.

Even if we repeat parting or encounter,
let's stay next to one another.

Promise You. I want to protect you all my life,
What I want to send to you is just “I love you” with never changed love.

If tomorrow is covered with darkness and there is no way,
you need not to be afraid. Unless you leave my hand,
we can go anywhere.

I will promise the piece of eternity

(Super Junior KRY ~ Promise You)

 

I found myself tearing to the lyrics of the song. I didn’t know what came over me maybe because unconsciously I knew that the song was for me? I shook the thoughts out of my head.

I looked up at Kyuhyun, at he ended the song with his head lowered, and he seemed to be crying. He looked up and I was right, tears glistened at the corner of his eyes and he wiped them away quickly while his fans cheered.

“A lot of things have happened lately. So many things. That I had to record them down.” He said as the lights faded and it was pitch black.

 

“So how is the scan, doctor?”

“Mr Cho, you were admitted into the hospital before, am I right?”

“Yes. Due to food poisoning.”

“It seems like the chemical inside the substance which caused you food poisoning might have affected part of your brain’s system in processing memory. How bad is your memory loss at the moment?”

 “I-I would forget certain events or an entire day. Just recently, I have no idea what happened on the 15th. My wife claims that I brought her out for dinner but I don’t remember a thing. Doctor, this can be cured. Right?”

“It can be controlled by medication. But of course, the medication will only be for a period of time. ”

“Mr Cho. I suggest you discuss with your wife. And maybe you can start recording your daily events. Just in case you forget anything.”

 

Voice clips of people talking was heard throughout the whole concert hall. I recognized Kyuhyun’s voice at once. What was all these about? His check-up? His condition. It was really serious.

 

“Hey.”

“Hello.”

“I actually have something to propose to you. I wonder if you will be interested.”

“Go ahead.”

“I want you to act with me. I will pay you.”

“Act with you?”

“Yes. Act like we’re together. I’m trying to make Rae Ah leave me.”

“What?”

“Something happened and for Rae Ah’s sake, it’s best if she leaves me.”

“O-Okay? So you want me to act like you’re mistress?”

“S-Something like that.”

“Deal.”

 

This time, a woman’s voice was heard in the clip. There were gasps throughout the fans as the murmurs started, whispers could be heard throughout. I was shocked, hearing my name in the voice clip. So all that Kyuhyun said before was true? It was all a misunderstanding?

 

“Are you sure this will work?”

“Of course. You want her to leave you right? This will definitely work.”

 “What are you doing?”

“You asked me to act like your mistress.”

“Only when Rae Ah is around.”

 “Why can’t we have some fun together?” 

“I’m sorry. It seems like you have misunderstood my intention. Maybe we should stop this.”

 

There were sounds of the shirts rubbing against each other as I tried to imagine this voice clip. The voice, Mara’s voice. She was trying to get a hold on Kyuhyun?

 

“Love, this is my fault. My entire fault. I’m sorry. I’ve let you down.”

“I never wanted to hurt you. I-I just thought it would be for your own good. I didn’t know things would end up like that. I’m so sorry.”

 “This is not our fate to have a grandchild now.”

“Cho Kyuhyun. Do you have any idea how Rae Ah will react when she wakes up and finds out about the truth?”

“I’m prepared for the worst.”

 “I’m sorry, love.”

 

I hitched a breath. Yi Soo turned towards me, “Are you alright?” She whispered.

“N-No. I’m not.” I croaked.

Kyuhyun had recorded everything throughout his daily life. And it was the best evidence.

 

Which proves that he didn’t cheat on me. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

Oh finalllllyyyyyyyyy! After such a long time! Hahah, I just had to put in Promise You into this story. I love the song and it's meaning. Especially when Kyuhyun sings 'I love you' in japanese. ^^

Commmmmment. 

  

  

Xoxo.