The Umbrella.

Recording The Memories

 

“Kyuhyun. Hurry, the plane won’t wait for us.” Do Jin nagged as I stood by the duty free liquor store, selecting the wine I wanted to buy.

 

“Come! Let’s start packing! I need to find a way to bring back the bottles of wine!” I said as I pecked Rae Ah’s lips before getting off the bed.

“You bought so many bottles! How are we going to bring everything back?!” She whined as she followed behind me.

“If there’s a will, there’s a way. We will bring everything back.” I said as I took out the bottles from the fridge.

“Seriously? You bought like four bottles! Are you sure we can even go through custom with the four bottles?” Rae Ah asked as she sat by the dresser chair.

“I always do this whenever I go overseas.” I said with a wink.

“That explains the huge wine chiller at the back of the kitchen in your apartment.” She said.

I immediately turned around, giving her a look. “What ‘your apartment’, it’s our apartment now.” I grinned.

“Yeah, yeah. I can’t wait to see the newly furnished house!” Rae Ah stated as she got up and went to my side.

 

Our honeymoon felt like ages ago.

“Kyuhyun, there are fans around, please watch how you behave.” Do Jin gritted through his teeth.

I decided not to get anything in the end and left the store. We were on our way to Japan to promote my latest Japanese single.

It is going to release sometime this week. I wrote and composed the song all by myself. I guess the only way I can reach Rae Ah is through my music, that is, if she still listens to them.

I sat at my seat in the airplane, taking off my mask and cap and placing them onto my lap. Rae Ah, love, where are you?

It was times like these, where I missed you so much more. If only you were here next to me as I go round promoting my latest single. I could draw so much strength from you.

I sighed as I closed my eyes.

 

Choi Rae Ah’s POV

I refused to walk pass the album store. I refused. I didn’t want to walk pass it. I didn’t want to be reminded of anything that was related to him. We were over. Everything was gone. Everything.

I walked the longer route to work.

“Good morning, Rae Ah.” Yi Soo, the owner of the florist greeted me.

“Good morning.” I mumbled back.

Yi Soo knew nothing about my past and yet she took me in, I was really thankful for that. With this job, I had other things to think about, I was busier.

I placed my bag down on my wooden table as I took the apron and wore it over my clothes.

“Rae Ah?” She called me as I looked up immediately. Was she giving me tasks to do already?

“Yes?” I answered.

“What genre of music do you listen to?” She asked.

She had to ask a question on music. When I had stopped listening to them.

“Well,” I said, rubbing my neck. “I used to like b-ballads.” I croaked.

“Ballads? That’s good. A friend of mine gave me free tickets to some ballad singer’s concert. We can go together after work. It’s during the weekend!”She said enthusiastically.

I stared at her. “I-I’m not-..”

“Don’t say you’re not free! I want to bring you out for a night of fun and I think the concert will be enjoyable.” She said, turning her head to the bunch of fresh lilies that came in stock today.

“A-Alright. I’ll be f-free.” I replied reluctantly.

Turning my head to the stock sheet, while grabbing a pencil to start stock taking, I asked out of the blue, “Who is the ballad singer?”

“Let’s see.” Yi Soo said, taking her phone, “I heard he is a very famous singer.”

“Oh?” I didn’t quite like the feeling of this already.

 “Ahh! My friend says it’s a singer named Cho Kyuhyun.” Yi Soo announced.

I dropped the pencil on the floor.

“W-What?” I stuttered, hearing the name echo in my mind, memories flashing by what happened three months ago.

“The singer’s name is Cho Kyuhyun.” Yi Soo said, looking up at me.

I dropped the stock sheet as it scattered all over the marble floor.

“Rae Ah? Are you alright?” Yi Soo asked, squatting down to pick up the stock sheets as I stood there in a daze.

Reality crashing on me as I quickly squatted down to gather the remaining pieces of paper.

“I’m fine. I-I’m fine.” I said as I tugged my fringe behind my ear and cleared my throat.

“I don’t think I’m able to go for the c-concert.” I gave an excuse. Shaking my head, trying to dissolve the aching headache that started oh so suddenly by the name of that person.

“Why not? You just said that you will be free. Don’t turn me down now, Rae Ah.” Yi Soo said before whirling around to attend to a customer that just came in. “Welcome!”

I stood at my wooden table, with the stock sheets in hand. It’s alright, Rae Ah, he won’t even know that you’ll be there. You’ll just be in the crowd, somewhere in the dark where he won’t see you. It’s just a concert, nothing much. Don’t over think it.

I finally took a deep breath before starting my task for the day.

It seemed like eternity till I sat back down on my high stool, holding the stock sheets in hand. “I’m done.” I said in a monotonous tone.

“Oh? That’s fast. I used to take two days before finishing the entire stock-taking.” Yi Soo said, taking the stock sheets.

“You can go now.” Yi Soo waving her hands at me, dismissing me.

“So early?” I looked at my watch; it was not even 6pm yet.

“You mean you want to do more work?” Yi Soo asked, lifting an eyebrow.

“I-I..”

“Go home, Rae Ah. I know your mother is waiting for you to have dinner together.” Yi Soo smiled.

I packed my things, took my bag and walked to her wooden table. “Thank you.” I bowed.

“See you tomorrow!” She chirped.

“Mmmm.” I said as I pushed the glass door.

It was Spring. The cool evening breeze was just nice as I walked along the streets. I looked up at the cherry blossoms; they were blooming and they looked enchantingly beautiful.

Moving to Japan was a good idea after all, I guess. The culture of the country was really mesmerizing and the scenic views were splendid.

I knew my mother was worried about me, that’s why I got a job. Thankfully, Yi Soo needed to hire an extra pair of hands and seeing the bouquets of flowers I did previously through images in my phone, she hired me immediately.

Thinking back about the bouquets, I was reminded of the extended balcony.

 

“Come,” Kyuhyun said, pulling my hand to the balcony; I have yet to arrived at that location. “You’ll like this.”

“Hmmm?”

He pushed opened the newly installed sliding door and dragged me out to the new balcony.

My eyes scanned the entire area. “My flowers!”

“You like it?” He asked, still holding onto my hand.

I squeezed his hand, “Baby, I love it. Thank you.” I smiled as I gave him a hug.

“Your welcome. Small matter. Hope you like it.” He replied.

“I do, I love it!” I said as I let go of his hand and wandered around the balcony. Bending down to smell the flowers and touching the petals.

Kyuhyun watched me in amusement, enjoying the scene from a storybook.

“Love?” He called.

“Yes, baby?” I turned around to face him.

“You look beautiful.” He complimented.

 

I wondered how the flowers in the balcony were, were they still growing healthily? Or have they withered away like I did?

I stood by the traffic light, taking the longer route home to avoid the album store as it started to drizzle.

Light drizzles in the spring were expected but not as frequent.

I zipped open my handbag to find my umbrella missing; it was left on the dining table at home.

I looked up to the sky, it wasn’t very heavy, if I walked fast enough, I could reach home before it gets worse.

I tapped my feet impatiently by the pavement, waiting for the traffic light to turn.

Just then an umbrella sheltered above me.

People in Japan were generally really friendly and polite; they were respectful and very helpful. I turned my head, wanting to thank the person in Japanese but I was taken aback as I saw the face that I have wanted to forget.

He stood there, holding the umbrella above the both of us as he gazed in to my eyes.

Did he know who I was after cutting my hair? How did he find me? I stared back as we stood in silence, listening to the pitter patter of the rain.

 

Cho Kyuhyun. 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey readers *waves*

They have met finally! After so long! Oh my gooodness. Heh.

It is KYUHYUN'S BIRTHDAY! You little evil maknae, don't ever stop singing. Stay healthy and happy always! 

Please continue to give your feedback by commenting! ^^

 

 

Xoxo.