The Crying.

Recording The Memories

 

“B-Baby.” Rae Ah whispered.

I looked up at her in frantic.”I’m here.”

“B-Baby. H-Help-p. B-Baby.” She said as her hands slowly clutched her tummy.

My mind went blank. I quickly carried Rae Ah in my arms and placed her in the car as I drove as fast as I could to the hospital.

 

Rae Ah’s hand held onto mine tightly as I squeezed her hand.

“B-Baby.” She has been calling me since just now.

“I’m right here. I’m not going anywhere.” I said to her.

She stared at me as tears rolled down her eyes.

“O-Ou-Our b-baby.” She said as she lost consciousness.

“Sorry sir, you are not allowed entry from this point onwards” The nurse said as she pushed Rae Ah into the emergency room.

 

“O-Ou-Our b-baby.”

 

Was Rae Ah pregnant? I slumped back onto the chair at the waiting room.

“Kyuhyun!” Someone called me as I turned my head.

“Mother.” I called as Rae Ah’s mother came down with my mother. “Mum”

“What happened?” Both of them asked together.

“I-I-I…” I didn’t know how to explain the situation to them.

“How is Rae Ah?” My mother asked.

“She was bleeding. Really badly.” I stared down, ashamed of myself. Ashamed of my status of being her husband.

“Bleeding?” My mother-in-law commented.

“Where?” My mother added on.

“Do you know that Rae Ah is pregnant?” My mother-in-law exclaimed.

Both my mother and I looked up at her in shock.

“What have I done?” I asked myself.

“She told me today! She wanted to give you a surprise! She was so happy.” My mother-in-law said as she started to cry.

“What?” My mother asked me. “Is that true, Kyuhyun? Is Rae Ah pregnant?”

“I-I don’t know.”

Thinking back about the amount of blood that was at her thighs, my heart stopped. Was our baby going to be alright? Was Rae Ah going to be alright? Why am I so stupid? Why did I even think about hurting her in the first place? What am I doing?

CHO KYUHYUN. WAKE UP.

Just then a doctor ran out of the emergency room. “Choi Rae Ah’s family members?” She called.

I stood up and ran over. “I’m her husband.”

“I’m her mother.” “I’m her mother-in-law.”

“Alright, now the situation is critical. There was a huge impact and the fetus couldn’t hold up. Your wife suffered a miscarriage. I’m really sorry. The doctors did their best.”

“NOOOO.” I shouted.

“Please save the baby! Please! My baby!” I shouted.

My mother and mother-in-law burst out crying. “My grandchild!”

“I’m sorry.” The doctor said as she ran back into the emergency room.

Tears streamed down my cheek angrily. I was furious. With myself. With all the anger in my head, I punched the hospital wall. It’s a small condition, why did I even go through all the trouble to do all of this? What was I thinking?

Now Rae Ah has suffered a miscarriage. Again. She will never forgive me. This is my entire fault. I cause this to happen. I am to blame.

I quickly took out my phone and dialed Mara’s number.

“Hello?” She answered

“Do you know what you have done?” I scolded her.

“I do. Choi Rae Ah deserves this.” And she hung up.

“Hello? Hello? Hello?” I shouted.

“Kyuhyun, who is that?” My mother-in-law asked.

“Someone who is the cause of this. Someone named Mara.” I said bitterly.

“Mara?”

“Do you know her?”

“Mara, as in Marcus’s sister?” My mother-in-law’s eyes widened at the name.

“What do you mean?” I asked, curious.

“Rae Ah’s previous boyfriend. His sister’s name is called Mara. After his death, we never heard about the sister anymore.”

“She was back for revenge.” I whispered to myself.

“Cho Kyuhyun!” Another voice shouted as I looked down the hallway.

Kim Mi and Do Jin came running down.

“What is this?” She shouted as she passed me her phone.

“Scandalous ballad singer. Affair?” A private photograph was attached to the message.

“Mara must have send that. I think.” I said as I handed the phone back to Kim Mi.

“What did Rae Ah do to you for you to have an affair?” She shouted as Do Jin tried to calm her down.

“An affair? Cho Kyuhyun! What is she talking about?!” My mother screamed at me.

“No guys. This is all a misunderstanding.” I said as I covered my face with my palms.

“Choi Rae Ah is out of critical condition. You may visit her at her ward. She is very weak at the moment. I need someone to follow me to do the administration.”

“I’ll go.” My mother-in-law said as she took her bag and left with the nurse.

 

I pushed open the door quietly to Rae Ah’s ward. She was still unconscious. She looked so beautiful even at a time like this.

I sat down beside her, taking her hand into mine as I started to cry by her bedside.

“Love, this is my fault. My entire fault. I’m sorry. I’ve let you down.” I said as I rubbed her hand on my cheek.

“I never wanted to hurt you. I-I just thought it would be for your own good. I didn’t know things would end up like that. I’m so sorry.” I sobbed.

Kim Mi and Do Jin came into the room as well as both of the mothers.

“This is not our fate to have a grandchild now.” My mother said as she shook her head.

“Cho Kyuhyun. Do you have any idea how Rae Ah will react when she wakes up and finds out about the truth?” Kim Mi commented.

“I’m prepared for the worst.” I said with my head lowered.

I looked back up at Rae Ah, her cheek. “I’m sorry, love.”

Just then her eyes slowly opened, blinking a few times.

“Love?”

“Rae Ah?”

“Sweetie?”

Everybody was concerned about her.

“Where am I?” She said in a soft voice as she tried to sit up.

“You’re in the hospital.” I said, helping her.

She looked around the room, at the different faces that were there and lastly, she looked at me. “B-Baby?” She called as her hand flew to her tummy.

“Did the doctor tell you anything?” She asked.

“I’m pregnant. We are going to start a family together. Don’t divorce me, Kyuhyun. Everything is fine right?” She continued.

I immediately pulled Rae Ah into a tight embrace. “No, we’re not getting a divorce. I was so stupid, love. I will never do that.” I said as I kissed her shoulders.

“But you and Mara were together! I remembered who she is! She’s Marcus’s sister!”

I pulled away, nodding my head. “It was a misunderstanding. I will explain it to you in future.” I said.

“But love, there is something that I need to inform you.” I needed to tell her about the baby.

“Hmm?”

I looked around the room to all the anxious faces.

“You must promise me that you will remain calm. Okay?” I started.

“Why? What’s the matter, baby? Did something happen to our baby?” She said as she clutched onto the cloth just above her tummy.

“Love, when you fell-…”

“Nothing happened to our baby, right?” She suddenly got very anxious. Her smile turning upside down

“Listen to me, the impact-…”

“Everything is fine, right?” She started squirming; Kim Mi and Do Jin stepped in to hold her down.

“Kyuhyun, please tell me that the baby is fine.” She cried.

I looked at Kim Mi as she looked down to the bed-sheet, trying her best to control her tears.

“The baby is gone.” I said in one breath. “G-Gone? My b-baby is gone?”

I wasn’t anticipating Rae Ah’s next move as she started screaming and squirming on the bed.

“Nooo. I want my baby. Give me back my baby. This is not true!” She shouted as she kicked and struggled in my arms.

“Love, calm down!” I said as I held her tightly in my arms.

“Noo, I want my baby!” She yelled, pushing my hands away.

“I want my baby! I-I don’t want to see you!” She screamed.

“Love!” I said, trying to calm her down.

“I don’t want to see you! Get out! Get out! I don’t want to see you!” She cried out loud.

“Kyuhyun, I think it’s better if you leave.” Rae Ah’s mother stated as she quickly took over from my side, holding Rae Ah in place.

Kim Mi nodded as she elbowed Do Jin to follow me out.

“I’ll take care of her.” Kim Mi said as she asked my mother to leave the room as well.

“I don’t want to see him! I don’t want! I want my baby!” Rae Ah’s screams could be heard throughout the hallway as I came out.

“This was my entire fault. I brought this upon myself.” I said as I leaned against the wall.

“Alright alright, we won’t let him in okay? Rae Ah!” I could hear Kim Mi shouting as well.

Rae Ah’s cries echoed through, it pierced into my heart, listening to her cries.

But the next line crushed my heart.

 

 

 

“I want a divorce!” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

And BAM! Another cliffhanger. I'm so sorry about the miscarriage. I know I shouldn't be promoting such a topic but I wanted to create this plot so I had to have that part. Please forgive me! 

Commmmmment. 

  

Xoxo.