The Birthday.

Recording The Memories

 

“Wake up, love.” I said as I hovered over Rae Ah. We have been in Japan for close to a month now. I’ve shifted all my schedules to Japan for the time being. It’s been an amazing journey so far and Rae Ah is enjoying her job at the florist so much, they expanded the shop.

Rae Ah tossed and turned around, slipping her hands around my waist as she snuggled closer. “What time is it now?” She mumbled, her eyes were still closed.

 “It’s time for you to wake up.” I said as I too wrapped my arms around her, grazing my lips over her hair, smelling her scent.

“Give me another five more minutes.” She bargained.

“Oh no. You’re going to be late.” I returned the favor by tickling her.

“Ahhhhhhhhh. Kkkkkkkkkkyuuuuuuuuuuuu. Babbyyyyyyyyyyyyy!” She screamed.

My idea worked. “Come on, you got to wake up now!” I said.

“S-Stoppppppppppppppppp! Hahahahahah!” She laughed, trying to get away from my tickling.

I went on top of her as I leaned in to kiss her cheek. “Good morning.” I breathed.

Rae Ah, still catching her breath, “You don’t play fair.”

“I never do.” I quickly added. “Come on! It’s my birthday!” I whined.

Rae Ah gave me a look. “No, I distinctively remembered. Your birthday was last year.” She teased.

“It’s an annual thing.”

“Oh is it?” She said as she tried to get away from my grip but I would budge. “Where do you think you are going?” I asked, hugging her close to me.

“If you don’t let go of me, you will regret it.” Rae Ah said with a stern voice which made me let go of her immediately as she quickly got out of bed and ran out of the bedroom, leaving me still in bed alone. “Stay there!” She shouted.

“Hey! Where are you going?” I said, sitting up to lean against the headboard.

“Be patient!” She shouted back.

I thought back, through this one month, Rae Ah and I had explored almost all of the most popular places in Japan, we tried nearly all the restaurants in our area and we were having the ball of our time. It was like an extended honeymoon with work involved.

I stopped thinking when the smell of food flooded the bedroom.

Rae Ah came in with a tray of food. “Breakfast in bed for the birthday boy!” She exclaimed cheerfully as she set the tray down.

“W-When did you prepare this? You couldn’t have done it within that few seconds.” I said as I looked over the tray table; there were pancakes, toast with jam, sausages and scrambled eyes, with my usual cup of apple juice.

All Rae Ah did was to grin back at me. “I have my ways.” She said with a twinkle in her eyes. “Now, bon appétit!” She sang as she stood by the side.

I pulled her down to me, “You’ll eat this with me.” I said as I pulled Rae Ah onto my lap. “Baby.” She said. “You don’t have to.”

“I want to. It’s my birthday; I can do whatever I want.” I said taking the fork to stab into the scrambled eyes, bringing a piece to Rae Ah. “Ahhh.” I said.

She quickly opened and let me feed her. “Seriously, when did you prepare this?” I asked as Rae Ah took the toast to feed me.

“I woke up slightly earlier just now to prepare it. That’s all.” She said. “Slightly earlier?" No wonder for a moment, I thought there was no one beside me, there was a temporary period of loss that I felt.

I squeezed her even tighter in my embrace. “Thank you for all this.”

“Anything for my husband!” She chirped.

“So can your husband get a morning kiss from the wife?” I teased.

Rae Ah turned around to face me, placing both hands on either side of my face; she planted a kiss on my lips. But I was determined to take the kiss even further.

 I grazed my hand against her bare skin which jolted her as she started to pull away.

“Love.” I breathed.

“Baby, no.” She said.

“Why, what’s wrong?” Each time I wanted to go to the next level, Rae Ah would resist it. It was like when we were dating. But now we’re married.

“I-I.. Not today.” She said as she pulled her t-shirt back down.

“Something’s not right.” I said as I held her in my arms.

She didn’t look up. In fact, she looked like she was crying.

“Love? Are you- Why are you crying?” I said as I brought her chin up to face me, looking at the tears that came down.

“What’s wrong? Did I do something wrong?” I said as I wiped the tears away.

She shook her head. “I-I..It’s not you.” She mumbled.

“It’s me.” She said.

“Tell me what’s going on.”

“After the two miscarriages, I don’t think I’m fit to be a mother. I mean, I lost two innocent lives! I couldn’t even protect my babies. How? Baby, I really want to start a family with you. I really want to, you have no idea how badly I want a child that looks like you and all that stuff but I’m so scared to do so.” She finally admitted.

And it hit me, real bad. I crushed Rae Ah gently towards me. “I’m sorry, love. I’m really sorry. You should have spoken to me about it.” I repeated as I soothed her back, kissing her shoulders.

“I’m here to protect you now. Everything’s going to be fine.” I comforted her.

She hugged me back real tightly, “Baby, I’m sorry too. Argh, today’s your birthday, let’s forget about this.” She said, pulling away to look at me.

“It’s not your fault. It was just not meant to be.” I said, gazing back into her eyes, brushing her fringe.

“I’m sorry for not telling you about it. You have been so busy lately.” Rae Ah said.

“You are the most important.” I said, kissing her nose. “Always remember that.”

“I love you all the way to the moon.” Rae Ah said, placing her ear above my heart.

her short hair, “I love you all the way to the moon and back.”

 

“Thank you.” I said, wiping my mouth with the napkin. We were back at the same restaurant with the star gazing area. “For today.”

“Breakfast in bed, a movie, going to winery and now this? It has been a perfect day.” I said, reaching over to caress her hand.

“It will only get better.” She said with a smirk. “The winery was an indulgence though. I brought you there because it is your birthday. Don’t expect future trips there. You will get the rest of your wines from the duty-free stores at the airport.” Rae Ah said as she narrowed her eyes at me.

I laughed, listening to her. “So you brought me there because it was my birthday?”

“Yeah.” She nodded.

“Okay, I want to go there on my birthday every year!”

“Cho Kyuhyun!” Rae Ah’s eyes widened as she smacked my hand.

“Owwww.” I pouted.

“Come, let’s go.” I said as I invited Rae Ah to the star gazing area.

We sat by the furthest bench, away from the crowd and noise as I wrapped my arms around Rae Ah and pulled her closer to me; it was getting chilly.

“The stars are so beautiful tonight.”She said as she looked up to the midnight blue sky. I, however was mesmerized by her. She quickly turned to look at me, “I know what you’re going to say. You’re going to say something like I’m more beautiful and stuff right?” She smiled.

She knew me well. I put on a straight face, “No. Why would I say that?”

She stopped smiling.

“Of course, I’ll say that because you are indeed beautiful.” I complimented.

Rae Ah stared at me as the blood flushed to her cheek. “You’re so beautiful. Sometimes I wondered why you would fall in love with a guy like me.”

“I don’t know. I ask myself that question everyday when I wake up.” She said as she placed her head on my shoulders.

“Love?”

“Mmmm?”

“I love you.” I said as I squeezed her shoulders.

“Happy birthday, baby.” She said as her lips ghosted over my neck.

“Aren’t you going to say it back to me?” I asked.

“I love you too, more than you know.” She said as she nuzzled her body closer to me.

“We’ll try, alright?”

“Try what?”

“Create our own family.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

FLUFFY CHAPTER. I KNOW. I LOVE IT TOO. HEHEHEHEHEHEHE. This is a belated birthday chapter for Kyuhyun. Hah. Anyway, the sequel is ending soon. I'm so glad they are finally back together. I hope my future husband will be like that. Gosh. ^^

Anyway, it's the lunar new year so HAPPY NEW YEAR! (To those who celebrate it!) 

Commmmmmmmmmment. Love you guys!

   

Xoxo.