The Headache.

Recording The Memories

 

I’ve been to Japan a few times for album promotions and I am quite familiar with the few areas that I always go to.

Today, since Do Jin was at a meeting with the stage directors about my upcoming concert, I decided to just take a walk around the area that he was having a meeting.

I stepped out of the building and it started to drizzle, luckily I had my umbrella with me. I opened the umbrella and walked along the sidewalk, taking in the spring evening atmosphere.

I walked by a florist as I looked through the transparent glass windows; the flowers were all so beautiful as my mind wandered to Rae Ah. The flowers in the extended balcony were not giving her enough credit which is partially my fault for not watering them. They were all dried up.

I continued on and stopped at the junction. A lady was standing there with her back facing me. She was petite in size just like Rae Ah. Her leather watch on her left wrist was just like Rae Ah. The way she tapped her feet impatiently on the sidewalk while waiting for the traffic light to change was just like Rae Ah.

Just that, her hair was at her shoulder. Rae Ah loved her long hair; she wouldn’t cut it.

The lady brought her hand to cover her face from the rain. She must have not anticipated the drizzle. I walked forward; bringing my umbrella above her, sheltering both of us at the same time.

Her hand dropped to the side as she turned towards me.

My breath halted. The face that I’ve been looking for.

Was this a dream?

Rae Ah stared back at with her wide eyes. Her lips formed a firm line.

She actually was willing to snip off her long hair. There was so much I wanted to tell her, so much I wanted to convey to her, to let her know, that I love her, I have always love her.

She turned her face away from me and ran off across the road.

“Love!” I shouted as I ran after her to the other side of the road. Grabbing her arm, pulling her back to me. I finally found her, and I wasn’t going to let her go ever again.

She shrugged my hand away, “I’m sorry, I have no idea who you are calling.” She shoved me back.

I wasn’t going to give up, after everything that happened; I can’t afford to lose her.

“No.” I said firmly, with all my might I pulled her back to me in a tight embrace, dropping the umbrella.

“Let go of me! Let go! Let go of me right now!” She squirmed and struggled against me as I held her close.

“No. I won’t let go of you. I will never let go of you ever again, love.” I said in her ears, despite her fighting against me.

“Go away! Let go!” She yelled as tears started to stream down her rosy cheeks.

I pulled away but kept my arms at her waist tightly

“No. I’m not going to let go.” I repeated my words in affirmation.

She looked down at the floor, trying her best to get out of my grip. She was struggling but I was stronger.

“Look at me.” I commanded.

“I don’t want to see you. What are you doing here?” She exclaimed.

“Look at me.” I said again.

Rae Ah continued to squirm in my arms, refusing to obey. “I don’t want to. I-I hate you.” She spat out.

I dropped my arms immediately.

With a glare, she straightened her clothes and ran off.

I can’t let her go, I can’t. I picked up the umbrella and ran off after her.

Rae Ah ran to a building just along the street. She must be living there.

 

“I-I hate you.”

 

Her voice repeated in my mind. I was expecting something like that. But I wasn’t prepared to hear it straight from , out loud. I cringed to the thought of that. At that moment, a headache was staring. I had forgotten to eat my medication for the day. I shook my head, determined to stay clear-headed.

I will do all it takes for her to believe me again.

Rae Ah, I won’t give up on us.

I waited at her lift lobby. Just so I could catch a glimpse of her.  And my patience was rewarded when I saw her coming out of a lift.

“Love?” I called.

She spun around in shock. “What are you still doing here? You followed me?”   

“Love? Please give me a chance to explain.” I pleaded, grabbing her hand.

“You threw away that chance when I caught you with that woman.” She flinched at my touch.

“It was all a misunderstanding.”

“I don’t want to listen.”

“I love you!” I shouted it out.

“L-Love me? If you love me, you would have told me about the packet of memory loss pills!” She yelled back.

I blinked. Twice. How did Rae Ah know about that?

“H-How? H-How did you f-find out about that?” I questioned.

“You left your pills in the kitchen. Why? Was your condition so serious that you even forgot about that?” She snarled.

“I-I…I-I..” I didn’t know what to say, I was speechless. Rae Ah knew about my condition. So that means, I could have gone without all this misunderstanding?

Before either of us could say anything, a sharp pain pierced my head as both my hands held onto the side of my forehead.

“Ahhhhhhh.” My brows furrowed as the pain got worse.

Rae Ah’s face changed immediately. “Kyuhyun?”

“M-My head. P-Pain.” I choked.

“You’re faking it right?” She teased.

“You’re really in pain?” Her voice changed to a more worried tone.

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.” I cried out.

With that, Rae Ah brought me to the nearest hospital.

 

“Just take the medication. The chemical is subsiding. Your brain was just having a reaction. Everything is fine now. You are quite lucky. Most patients do not get away with such condition this easily.” The doctor said as he was looking through my documents.

“So you’re saying this memory loss is cured?” I asked.

“Yes.” The doctor placed the clipboard back.

“You can leave anytime. You’re free to go.” He said after leaving the ward.

“Kyuhyun?” A soft voice called and I was remembered of the scene from earlier on.

“Love?” I called back as she came into the ward.

“Are you feeling better?” She asked as she sat by my bedside.

With the bright light, I could see clearly her face and her new hairstyle. She looked gorgeous, as always, the short hair made her looked even younger. Her jaw was sharper; she had lost weight.

“The doctor said I’m free to go. My condition is cured.” I summarized everything.

“Oh?”

I took her hand into mine, she tried pulling away but I held it with both my hands. “Love, I would like to apologize. For putting you through the entire ugly incident. Mara and I won’t together at all. I bumped into her at the hospital after my check-up and she introduced herself as your classmate. After hearing about my condition, I was afraid so I thought of an idea to make you leave me. I guess that idea wasn’t a very clever one. I didn’t know she was related to Marcus.” I confessed.

“I admit I was selfish. I didn’t consider your feelings. Because when I lay with you in our bed, there was a moment when I could feel everything you had been through, and I had this idea that if I could make you happy, then I would be happy, too.”

Rae Ah listened attentively.

“She said all those things to you on her own accord. I was shocked too. I’m really sorry.” I brought her hand up to my lips and kissed it softly.

“Are you done? Have you finished? I need to go.” She said as she stood up.

“Love? Please don’t leave me. I can’t afford to lose you, I really can’t.”

“I’ll see you at your concert.”

“M-My concert? You will be there?”

“Goodbye Kyuhyun.” With that, Rae Ah left the ward.

There was this new gush of hope that sprang in my heart. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

You know things can't be sad forever right? Oh naive me. 

Comment. 

  

  

Xoxo.