First step

The runway

Someone P.O.V

In a shadowy room, between heavy sheets, a girl was fighting to get away from her dream. Droplets of sweat were running down on her forehead, making it seem like her dream was nothing but a torture. Outside the heavy rain was falling on the windows crating a big, horrifying noise. The girl grabbed her sheets in attempt to cover herself, almost she would like to create a shield to protect her from something dangerous…but the room was silent, no sign of danger, the only danger that existed was the sudden interior war that was about to start.

*******************************************

Yuri P.O.V

“Ah…*sniff* *sniff*”

“YURI, WAKE UP! Wake up honey, is only a bad dream!” said my mother, taking me in her protective arms, thing that for a second surprised me , because she had never done it before, because those kind of embraces were meant only for the most beloved ones, in this case my sister. Suddenly I remembered my sister was not alive anymore because she had committed the unforgivable sin: she took her life!

“Yuri, why were you crying? This is so unlike you? What were you dreaming?” asked my mother worried expression which I can say that never belonged to me.

“I don’t remember! “ I lied

“I will bring you a glass of water and a sleeping pill. It will hope you get some sleep. I know that the last few days were really difficult for you as it was for me.” said mom getting out of the room.

A few minutes later she was back with the magic pill that was supposed to make me forget everything, but at the moment forgetting was not a thing that I wanted to do. I took the pill from her hand and pretended to eat it. After my mom left I quickly spited the medicine, and quietly stayed in my bed, thinking about the things that I have dreamed about. The dream was not a nightmare, as my mother said, in reality it was a past memory.

FLASHBACK:

“Unnie, what do you want to become when you will grow up?”
”I want to become a model.”
”Why? Isn’t a little boring? All they do is to walk on a runway all day long with an emotionless look on their face.”

“They are doing more then that. They have to make hours and hours of rehearsals in order to walk for a few minutes on a runway, also they aren’t emotionless at all,  they can look graceful, independent, romantic and many more. A professional model must have the ability to express a variety of emotions, in a very short amount of time. They must give the sensation that the product is worth buying. And you know what the fun part is: they get to wear pretty clothes, make a lot of photos, see new place, meet new people and they appear on TV. Imagine yourself being admired by thousands of people.”
”I could never be a model! I am not pretty like you!”
”Of course you are, only that you and the people around you are too blind to see it! I can bet on all my candy supply that one day you will become a well known model that all the guys will admire and all the girls will envy. You have something very rare Yuri, you have that determination to be acknowledged, and that charismatic stare that can either won everybody’s heart either make them be afraid!”

End of flashback

Ever since Yoona died there has been a thought that keeps bugging me! What reason could Yoona have to go to such an extent? Even when she broke up with her first boyfriend she didn’t do anything that extreme. Every news report, stated that the reason why my sister committed suicide is because of the stress caused by the fearsome competition in the industry and because of the harsh rules that the models have to follow, but no matter how much I think about it , still it  doesn’t seem plausible. Yoona never faced any competition because she was always the best ,as for the harsh conditions, Yoona never complained, what is more intriguing is that Yoona loved her job so the chances that she would have committed suicide because of her job are very few, if not inexistent.

*Yuri’s thoughts*Why have you did that sis? Why? Maybe is time to get some answers, but from where should I start? Well it is quite certain that I won’t find my answers here, I should go to Seoul! But how should I do that? Certainly mom wouldn’t allow me to go to Seoul after what just happened?!*End of Yuri’s thoughts*

***********************************************************************

“I am of to school!” I shouted, as I took my backpack and quickly ran out of the door afraid that I might miss my bus.

As I was staying in the bus my mind was working continuously trying to find any possible way, that would give me the chance to go to Seoul, but unfortunately the situation seemed really dark. After I arrieved I got out of the bus and walked to classes. My first class was going to be English class with Miss Park, my form teacher.Upset because I couldn’t find a solution to my problem, I stayed at my desk sulking, not really paying attention to anything that the teacher was saying, until at the end of the class when Miss Park said something that got my attention:
”Class I must give you an important news. Our school will participate at an exchange student program. The school that is going to cooperate with us is “Yeonsang art school”, if any of you is interested just give me a notice, but there is one condition, you must have good marks and impeccable behavior.”

As Miss Park said the news I quickly saw my chance. If I am going on an exchange student program not even my parents will stop me from going to Seoul, and since I need a place where to stay, I can request my parents to let me stay in my sister’s apartment.

After I elaborated my plan in my mind, I waited for everyone to get out of the class then I went to Miss Park:
”Miss Park, I am interested in participating in the exchange student program!”

“That’s great, but Yuri, are you sure about that? I mean, you are the type of scientific student not the artistic type. Are you sure that is what is best for you?”
”Yes, I am sure! I think that I need to experience something new.” I said as convincing as possible, even though in reality I never thought about the fact that I would have to attend an art school

“I see, I guess that going in a new place, meeting new people will help you get faster over your sister’s dead. Well then I agree! I will tell the principal to proceed with the documents needed, while you should prepare. If nothing goes wrong, which I doubt that will happen considering your marks, by the end of this week you will be in Seoul.”

*****2 days later*****

“Class I have to give you an important news. Yuri, your classmate has been accepted in the exchange student program, so you should say your farewell because you won’t be seeing her for the next 3 months.” said the teacher creating a buzz between my classmates and at the same time surprising me. After receiving the so much anticipated news, time seemed to pass really slowly, so after 4 hours that in my opinion seemed like an eternity, I was finally home. I quickly went in my room and started packing my things. After everything seemed ready, I went to the dinner; I sat at the table, in my usual place, frenetically thinking about how I should give the news to my parents. To be honest the atmosphere was not really giving me any help because ever since my sister died, the diner time was surrounded by silence, so following the traditional saying” There is no better time then present” I decided to break the ice

“Mom, dad I will go to Seoul! I have been accepted in the exchange student program!

“There is no way that I am allowing you to go there, not after what happened to your sister! If I wouldn’t have allowed her to go there she wouldn’t had taken such an radical decision.” said my giving me the anticipated answer

“But mom, it is not fair. Just because she did that it doesn’t mean that I will do it too.”
”I said no, and that’s my final word.” said mom authoritative

“That is not fair at all. Yoona had the chance to fallow her dream but I don’t. Ever since little it was all about her, and now even after she is dead it’s still all about her.” I said a little over exaggerating. Of course that I could see that my words hurt my parents deeply, especially my mom, but if I wanted to get to Seoul, that was the only way.

“I said n…”
”You are allowed to go!” said my dad, speaking for the first time ever since the discussion started, totally taking by surprise my mom

“What are you trying to do? Do you want her dead too? Can you really let her go?” said my mom almost breaking in tears

“No, I don’t want to let her go but I will do it if I have to. For the past few days I have been thinking about what kind of parent I have been, and you know what I have realized? If I were to receive a mark for the way I raised Yoona then it would certainly be an A but when I think about the mark that I disserve for raising Yuri…I am afraid I failed.”
”What are you talking about Yuri is a good girl?!” protested my mom
”I am sure she is but if she is like that, is certainly not because of us. Ever since Yoona was born our world revolved around her, and only a few times around Yuri. Have you even noticed that in the day when you baked that cake for Yoona’s new contract, it was actually Yuri’s birthday? You didn’t right? Neither one of us did. Honey, we have only one child left, I think it is about time that we think about this child too.”

“I really am a terrible mother aren’t I? It so ironic that we had to lose one child to realize that we have neglected the other one!” said mom breaking in tears

“No mom, is just that unnie was always too perfect.” I said feeling a little guilty for making my mother cry
”But so are you. You can go to Seoul! Yuri-ah mom is so sorry for neglecting you like that, but mom really loves you, you know that right?” said my mom hugging me almost suffocating me

“Sure I know, but I think that you could prove it to me first by letting go of me. You are almost suffocating me.”
”Sure. Yuri, if you ever need something don’t hesitate to tell me. Mom will always be here for you.”
”There is one thing actually: I still haven’t got my birthday cake!”
”Silly kid, you always loved chocolate cake. Fine I will go bake one for you!” said my mom now looking more and more like the mom that I have always dreamed of

******************************************************************************************************

Thank you for every single person that subscriebed and commented.I hope that you will like this chapter.Pleas have some patience with me , I promise that Minho will appear in the next chapter. Also in the next chapter one of the Shinee members will make a cameo appearance. So this being said, all I want to say is I hope you enjoy and please continue to support me.Please comment and tell me your oppinion about the story so far.