Breaking news

The runway

Someone P.O.V

“Guess what I have here?” asked a girl taking a bottle of perfume from her bag and showing it to her friends, or more exactly, to her copies.

“OMO, that is the new perfume that Yoona endorses. How did you get it? It got out of the market only 2 days ago and I have preordered it almost 1 month ago but I still haven’t got it yet.”
”Of course I got it earlier then you, did you forget who am? I am the daughter of the “Natural care cosmetics” president. I get everything that is new even before it appears on the market. You are envious right?”
”Who wouldn’t be? Every single product that Yoona endorses is known for its quality, since Yoona herself chooses the best products. Also it is said that this products can make every girl become almost as beautiful as Yoona herself.”
”Of course I know, that’s why I have ordered a similar dress as the one that she wore in the music video for the band “Light”.”

************************************************

Yuri P.O.V

As I was sitting at my table in the canteen, silently eating my meal, I heard a big noise. I  looked around the room, and easily discovered the source of the noise. The school’s quenka and her followers were admiring the new perfume that Yoona endorses. I quickly got up from the table and got out of the room, not wanting to take part at another interesting story about “Yoona’s life”.

I went to my locker and prepared my things for the next class the I went into my classroom.

“Yuri, come here and smell this, it is Yoona’s new perfume. It smells great. It is said that it can make every guy go crazy.”

“I bet it can, as long as it has Yoona’s name on it.” I said a little annoyed about the attention that a simple bottle of perfume was getting
”Why are you so grumpy? Did you eat something bad?”
”No, what about you? Did you forget what day it is?” I asked raising an eyebrow

“Let me think…Hm…Ah I know. Is the anniversary of the 3rd year since Yoona debuted.

Stupid me, how could I forget? Thanks for remembering me Yuri!” said my friend Seohyun

“Yeah, welcome! I mean it would be a pity to forget such an important date.” I said sitting at my desk totally disappointed because of Seohyun.

After the class ended, I quickly gathered my things, and then I went home. As I was outside of the door I took my mirror from the bag and checked how I looked. I fixed my hair, and then after I was finally satisfied I opened the door

“I am home!” I shouted loudly expecting something to happen
”I am in the kitchen!” shouted my mom. I went into the kitchen, where my mom was putting the icing on a cake. ”Tell me how it is? It looks great right?”

“Yeah , it is! But what is this about?”
”What do you mean, what is this about? It is a congratulating cake for you sister, for snatching such an important contract.”
”Ah, I see…” I said disappointed then I walked to my room. I changed into a more comfortable outfit then I went to the bathroom and took of my make up. As I was looking in the mirror I, at the face that was reflecting, I couldn’t take it more and I burst in tears. Although I have lived in Yoona’s shadow since little, I never got used to it. My sister was always praised for her beauty, for her intelligence. Ever since little my life together with her was a competition for my parent’s attention, a competition that sadly I never got the chance to win because no matter how hard I work, how much I study I can’t compare myself to her, because she is perfect. Ever since little my birthday was the only day, in which it was all about me and not her, but now even my birthday became her day. Sometimes I wish that she was not my sister. I don’t hate her, I just wish that people could see me too, not just her.
After I removed my make up I went to bed, where I cried until I fell asleep.

***next morning***

*beep**beep*

“Ahhh…my head hurts!” I got up from my bed then I went to the bathroom. I cleaned myself then I took a headache pill, hoping that it will help me get rid of the excruciating pain that I was felling due to the crying session from the previous night. After I ate the medicine I went to kitchen to eat my breakfast. As I opened wanted to open the fridge I saw a note from my mom.

Note: I am going to Seoul to meet your sister. You have money for food on the table. We will come back home tomorrow morning.

After I finished reading the note, I lost my appetite completely. I went back to my room, I took my backpack then I headed to school. After 30 minute ride with the bus, I finally got to the school. As I was making my way to the locker, I could hear a lot of whispers. For a moment I was curious but then I heard the name”Yoona “so soon all my curiosity faded, but then suddenly a word got my attention “suicide”. I quickly ran into the computer lab and got on the internet, and there, on the first page was written with big letters “The famous model Im Yoona committed suicide”. For more then 5 minutes I was in shock, after my brain finally processed the entire information, I finally understood the gravity of the situation. Of course that sometimes I was angry on Yoona for getting all the attention but certainly that I never wanted something like that to happen. Hoping that it would all be a bad joke, I decided to read the whole article.

Article: This morning it was reported by the police that the well known model, Im Yoona committed suicide. The model is said to have jumped from the 3 floor of the “Star Hotel” where she was accommodated.  

It was reported that the ambulance got to the suicide place in less then 30 minutes after it was called .The paramedics resuscitated her for over an hour but sadly they weren’t able to bring her back to life. It is said that the model died on the spot due to the impact with the ground. Persons from her entourage believe that the reason why she committed suicide is because of the stress caused by her busy program.

Im Yoona is considered to have been at the peek of her career, a career that as many believe could have made her become one of the most important models. We are saddened by her dead. We want to send our deepest condolences to the family that is passing trough a difficult moment; also we will keep you in contact for any new news regarding Yoona’s dead.

After reading the article, I finally understood that it was not a joke and that Yoona, the girl that until yesterday was loved by everybody, the same girl that since little made my existence be unimportant…has died. Tears started to run down my cheeks, this time not because I was angry on her, but because I realized that from now on my older sister that always envied was dead.

**********************************************************************

2 days later

After a long and sad walk, my sister’s body was finally placed in the dirt, in the place where it was going to rest for an eternity. The funeral ceremony was small and intimate, my family clearly requesting that the media would not take part, even though in my opinion they never indented to participate in first place. If Yoona could have seen it, I guess she would have finally understood that fame is temporary, today you are a star but tomorrow you can become nobody. After the funeral ceremony ended I decided to stay behind and say my farewell to my sister. As I was saying my last words to my precious sister a handsome man approached me.

“She was really beautiful. It’s so sad that she took such a rush decision. I wish I could have stopped her, if only I would have known her thoughts…if only.” Said the man with tears in his eyes
”I a sure that everyone would have stopped her if we could have known her thoughts but Yoona was a complicated girl…ever since little she would always hide her sadness behind a big smile, so that no one would worry for her.”
”I see that you know her well. I think that Yoona must have been lucky to be your friend.”
”Actually Yoona is my older sister, and so you would know, we have spent half of out life fighting for our parent’s attention. “

“Oh, I am Jaejoong, Kim Jaejoong, Yoona’s biggest fan and the fashion designer of “Miracle fashion house” said the man extending his hand

“I am Yuri, Kwon Yuri also known as Yoona’s little sister. Thank you for coming here. I am sure that Yoona would be glad to know how much you care for her.” I said politely

“Actually, I am the one that is lucky. Meeting a girl as beautiful and kind as Yoona was is very rare.”

*beep**beep*

“Excuse me, I have to go. I just got an urgent message from my company. It was nice to meet you; thou I wish it would have been in other circumstances. If you ever come to Seoul, and you need help just contact me!” said the man giving me a business card then walking away. I checked the business card then I placed in the pocket, not giving it too much attention

As I was walking back to the car I passed by a guy that was going to a grave. He was holding a beautiful bouquet of white roses. I could read in his eyes an unbearable pain, almost like his whole world would have crashed. No matter how much I wanted to get rid of those sad eyes, my mind would simply not listen to me, then suddenly out of no where a memory popped into my mind.

*Flashback:

“Unnie congratulations on receiving the role.”
”Thank you, donseng. Your unnie worked a lot for it. Promise me that when you will come to see unnie act you will bring me a white rose!”
”Why?”
”Because I like white roses the most! They are so pure, so beautiful, so frail, but so strong at the same time.”

End of flashback*

After that sudden memory that until then was buried under a great amount of anger because of my sister’s popularity, I turned back, realizing that probably the white roses were for my sister, and I was right. The guy was sitting with his knees on the ground, crying like his soul would have been broken into pieces. In my mind suddenly thousands of questions started to take form”Who was the guy Yoona?” ;”Why was he crying so bad?” and  more importantly “How was he related to my sister?”.